1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

are u scared of marriage?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by neverover, Mar 16, 2008.

1. neverover

im not. i love being legalized on paper as married to a guy. but i found out that many gays are marriage-phobics (i dont know what to call that one:lol:slight_smile:. maybe i wanna be married because my family is happy when theyre married. even tho its just a status, i would love one. but if i cant, im wouldnt throw a tantrum.

2. sngl

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    While I was still in denial and thinking that I'm straight, I had always imagined that eventually I would get married to a woman and have kids. Though I never really wanted to do that...I just thought that I probably would, because everybody does that :lol: And I'm quite terrible with kids, but maybe I still want some with a partner who's better with them...but I don't know, I'm not really concerned with this right now.

And about marriage with another guy: I'm not really scared of it, but it's not like one of my biggest dreams or anything. I'll just wait and see what the futute holds lol

3. Haha I'm not gonna lie I am kind of afraid of marriage. Idk I think there's so many people out there I wouldn't even think about settling down for a long long time.

4. JWAD

JWAD Guest

i can't say I'm affraid of it, I haven't actually given it much thought but I think I'd quite like to settle down with a guy at some point.

5. Jim1454

Been there, done that. I got married to a woman. I'm not sure I really need to be married to a man.

6. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not afraid of them, but I am not really mad about the idea of them either. If whoever i was with wanted it then i wouldn't say no, but it wouldn't be a priority for me to get married.

7. jroakwood

hahah. gay marriage in the USA?
    doesnt exist, so im not afraid. heheh.

but i would love to get married someday. :]
    gotta love the romance of it all.

8. smilealways

smilealways Guest

ooh im scared of marriage. its an evil thing :badgrin:

lol obviously not.

9. Thatsit

hmm, well I'm not really afraid of it, but I feel like I wouldn't want to be "married" to a guy, idk...
    If a guy I was with for a long time wanted one, I guess I would do it but, meh
    I would just like settling with someone, I guess I don't really feel the need to be married

10. ok455

I'm more scared of being single for the rest of my life then anything.

But the thought of being in a serious relationship does scare me. I never had a boyfriend before just a special friend. So when i do find a boyfriend im just scared about impressing him and stuff. Not to be annoying stuff like that

11. Aries

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I am constantly telling myself that I am not afraid to get married but honestly I think I truly am.
    I don't know I mean just the thought becomes exciting, the thought of belonging to someone and having someone belong to me, it just makes me feel all happy and special..
    But seeing some of my friends married parents and stuff, them being all unhappy, it just scares me in a way.
    But I will be in denial about that until the day I die.. I really want to get married!! Hehe

:help:

12. Vampyrecat

I think that marriage is a beautiful thing which should be able to be celebrated by any two people who are in love with each other. Even if that marriage does not last, it is still the joining of two people's love which I think is one of the most important things that a human can do.

13. Bader

Bader Guest

Well one of my future plans is to adopt , so marrige/domestic partnership is a must before im adopting.

14. Tim

Tim

The only thing I'm "Scared" of is the fact it's still illegal in 90% of the USA >_<

15. Alexander

I'm definitely not scared of marriage to a guy. I think that marriage really brings together a relationship - it really seals the deal. Plus it's uber romantic :slight_smile:

16. sdc91

No, I'm going to get married some day.

If not for the romantic aspect, then for those bajillion rights I get.

17. GunStarre

GunStarre Guest

lol. So true.
    But if gay marriage isn't looked down on, I'd be scared as hell.
    Commitment is just a scary thought for me. Why couldn't we just be, you know, "friends with benefits?" :grin:

18. pirateninja

I definitely want to get married to a lovely woman one day. I know my family would feel better about it too, half of them think that being gay = no marriage at all, so it might quell some of their qualms.

Oooh... alliteration. :grin:

19. Orion

Of course not! Marriage can seem frightening when it challenges you single-ness freedom. But if I were with someone I loved, then marriage would mean the ultimate step in our relationship.

To be able to stablish ourselves in front of society, in front of everyone, is like a dream come true. Plus it's effing romantic :icon_bigg