1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tv

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by RavioliFaceMan, Mar 1, 2013.

1. We don't watch TV in my house; we didn't even get a license. I'm not sure I've ever watched a full program before, either.

Do people love or hate TV?

2. thegaymer

I could go without it as long as I have Netflix.

3. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't have TV. My reception area was bad with analog, and hopeless with digital. I'm too cheap to buy cable TV. I can't really say I miss TV.

Most of my watching now are DVDs. This sometimes include TV shows.

One of my favorite quotes about TV came from Fred Allen (US radio comedian of the 30s & 40s): "You know, television is called a new medium, and I have discovered why they call it a Medium – because it is neither Rare nor Well Done."

4. ameliawesome

i do enjoy certain shows, but i hate it when people leave the tv on just for background noise. i would be happy with buying the stuff i like on dvd/vhs or using the internet. i would definitely not miss cable.

5. It's like any other form of entertainment. Some of it is shockingly good some of it is vomit inducing. Same as films, books and music.

6. I have never, not once experienced or heard about anything on TV that wasn't vomit inducing. I am a huge fan of quality, and that is something you do not get on TV. Netflix is ok, but it costs money. There are plenty of services that do the job much better for free.

7. We don't have a TV license in my house anymore and we've been doing just fine.
    I find the internet to be more useful now and I have a lot more time to do other things since I'm not limiting myself to fit in time for a TV show.

8. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Other than watching games and news shows, I don't watch much TV.

9. aeva

We didn't have a tv when I was growing up, and when we did get one in my teens, we still didn't have cable so we only used it for watching videos. Now I live on my own, but I still down have tv. I watch shows online almost constantly though...

There is plenty of good programming on tv, especially on the educational channels like National Geographic, Discovery, Animal Planet, etc.

10. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I haven't had TV for two years, and I would be hard pressed to care any less. I was rather annoyed that it bit me in the ass with the respect to watching the Olympic fencing coverage. NBC would not let people just pay for a pass to download their streaming program. You had to sign in with your cable company credentials...

11. I'm mainly talking about Cable stuff there. Sopranos, Deadwood, Breaking Bad and The Wire are more compelling than most films to me.

Most network stuff is vomit inducing yes.

12. wilted

A part of Arizona where it actually snows!
    My roommate and I don't have cable because it's too expensive. We watch a lot of stuff on Netflix and just watch all of the new TV episodes on the internet. It works out pretty well. I do miss being able to watch stuff on TV sometimes though.

13. Convoy

Yeah, I waste so much time on TV that It's really starting to bug me. My parents watch tons of it and however I'm trying not to watch so much but get stuck on it occasionally.

Netflix is fun for when I'm just waiting around or hanging out and watching stuff; I don't need more than that. Going TV free for a bit would be good since I'd use that time to do something more productive.

Occasional news feed stuff is fine to catch up with but most of it is pointless and just reading the headlines and skimming though some articles is often more useful.

14. someguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't care much for TV. Its just full of rubbish that rots your brain. A good book is far more entertaining.

15. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

We dont have TV either! I dont feel as if im missing much

16. I think it's probably different in the UK 'cause we all have cable, so we don't really get 'cable stuff' and 'non-cable stuff'. Someone tried to make me watching Breaking Bad and The Wire and they were both pretty unwatchable.

17. i dont watch tv hardly ever.
    i can live without it. i use youtube and lovefilm. but hardly ever watch proper tv. it just bores me plus im never allowed to watch what i want anyways..

18. SparkDT

I probably watch TV too much.