1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friend's 18th.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by CinePhys, Mar 1, 2013.

1. CinePhys

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So it was my friend's 18 birthday party tonight. I don't usually get drunk, but I had a few to say the least, and I was having a good time. Everyone there was male (it's not as good as you think, all his (and therefore my) friends are straight (or so I think).

When I say I had a few, It takes a large quantity of alcohol before I get drunk, so my previous statement is true - I had about 6 or 7 cans of alcohol (beer/lager/cider) and 1 or 2 other spirit-based mixes, so I was 'tipsy'.
    -----
    When I arrive at his house at around 6, supplied with £60 (thinking we'd all go out on the town) everyone's more or less sober and just chatting and the night went on with everyone, myself included, slowly getting more intoxicated, but some more than others.

Through most of the first half of the night, the rule of 'Queen's Head' or 'God save the Queen' was employed where, if a friend managed to drop a penny (of any price) into your drink, you had to drink the rest of it - however much there was - right then and there, as fast as possible, in order to save the Queen from drowning. Needless to say, this sped the night up and by 8 o'clock everyone was at the stage where they were giddy and willing to do 'stuff'.

Me being me, I decided to more or less stay out of it (I'm openly gay so if anyone wanted to do anything, they'd come to me, so to speak) and low and behold, I found myself in the drinks room with one of my friends who just said "Cinephys, want to do some experimenting?" and, as I'm all for helping people find their true selves, I decided "I don't need to experiment, but I'm happy to help" - He takes some rather determined strides over to me, where as luck would have it, the door opens and another friend, who kind of guesses what was just about to happen, apologizes for interrupting in a jokey way. Nothing happened :dry: Oh well, maybe another time...

Throughout the night, kisses and hugs were exchanged, as most of my friends are just 'whatever' in their attitudes towards most things in life. :thumbsup:

I don't really need any support/advice about this, which is why I'm posting here. I get people act differently under the influence, so maybe a just want thoughts about the night? What to draw from it?

I think the worst part of the night (apart from 2 people throwing up) was leaving just as my best friend and crush turned up. We embraced (wish for longer) and he stroked my face suggesting I'd gotten to the 'lovey' stage of drunkenness, to which I replied "Just for you".

Sorry about the rather random order of things here, still under the influence...