1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Being tall and wanting to be short

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by anthonythegamer, Mar 1, 2013.

1. There are numerous times where I just really want to be short again. Short people out there wanting to be tall, you're not missing out on much...

2. Zontar

Yes, I know this feeling. It goes hand in hand with being a feminine male. I'm the tallest person in any relationship, or even just walking down the hallway. Fuck it all.

3. I stand out completely from others because I'm 5' 10.5" Asian guy and since I like asian guys who are around my height and it's narrowed down a lot because my school is 75% asians, most of them are pretty short compared to me :frowning2:

4. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

That's exactly how I feel about it. My height doesn't become me at all. It's the only thing that can make me feel dysphoric.

5. thegaymer

Its not fun being short either. Its so awkward looking up at someone while having a conversation.

6. True... but being tall can hurt, literally. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. thegaymer

Ok, you got me there.:lol:

8. LOL you would have to worry about hitting your head almost all the time. Also, it's a bit weird in a relationship when straight people think the shorter one is the bottom...

9. stuffiscool

stuffiscool Guest

The only reason I wish I was shorter is because: 1. People keep telling me they're jealous of me and how I make them feel insecure about themselves. Helping people is my number one virtue and basically just by taking up space I'm hurting people and I hate myself for that. 2. People think my life is perfect. I don't know why people have to assume this but they think because I am skinny and tall I have no problems. It sucks because I feel like I'm not allowed to complain about my life when they say that.

10. Oddish

Oddish Guest

I'm the shortest person in my whole school, or year at least. 5'1.
    I was 4'11 in my Freshman year.
    My friends could pick me up and carry me. :lol: They still can except I annoy them with piggyback ride demands.
    I do wish I were taller though because it's awkward that I'm still mistaken for a middle schooler when I'm a senior in hs....

11. Ticklish Fish

damn boy! you're tall! I am 19 and still shorter than you!

12. OMG that must suck. I often get confused for a high school junior or senior when I'm a freshman... The majority of my school is asian, over half of them are shorter than me so I'm often branded as the tallest person in school.

13. worriedWardrobe

I'm 6'2"... What I would give to be shorter...
    People always point out that I'm tall, and I hate it

14. Minx

I used to want to be shorter, now I'm happy being in the middle at 5ft9 :slight_smile:

15. codys12345

codys12345 Guest

I would like to be at least 5'8"

16. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would be a very rich man if I had a dollar for every time I've had people ask about my height.

17. Bolin

Same. And while I don't particularly mind being tall, it clashes with my personality. I don't like to stand out, but when I'm standing at 6'2" (or 6'3" when I wear certain dress shoes), people are always so quick to point out my height or ask me if I play basketball...

18. 4ever Hearth

Being short sucks when you literally watch all the guys who used to be around your height damn near become skyscrapers and everytime they come around, being the inevitable dicks they are, hearing a joke about being pocket-sized like a smurf, a keebler elf or one of those peanut things from The Proud Family movie. Or some random crude joke along the lines of "He's pocket size so he can melt in your mouth girls, not in your hand."

Btw, my head isn't average size either so I would have definitely welcomed some more height to balance that out as well as my husky physique.

19. Gen

Gen

Thats the funny thing for me. I'm 5-5, which is short in comparison to most men, but I was the last to figure out that all of my friends were taller than me. I used to argue to the death that each of them werent taller than me until we went and stood in front of a mirror...

Regardless, I'm quite fond of my height. Its unlikely that I will grow anymore even though my family will continue to agrue that I will until I'm in my forties. I tend to be drawn to men who are at least slightly taller than me, and I have a fairly androgynous demeanor so I feel most comfortable having a smaller build with being obviously short.

20. poopie

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm 15 and 5ft 9 but I really want to be 5ft 11 but I feel I wont be able to achieve it in time . Because. I'm a girl I should stop growing at 18 ;-;