1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

World Hunger.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by alex0791, Mar 18, 2008.

1. alex0791

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    :help: This has been a world-wide issure for years. People who are more privelleged need to take a stand to help this situation. The rate of world hunger and deaths due to world hunger have increased. The other day I was watching Feed The Children where I was heart felt for all of the SMALL YOUNG kids without to eat... Them and their parents who try desperately to feed their children. :icon_sad: I donated $300.00 ( that was supposed to be for an iPod Touch) but oh well. I'm going to try awareness at my school but how? Any ideas on what I should do to try and raise money at my school? How do they know that they're not donating money to ME, and that I won't steal it? That's why man might not donate.... SO ANY IDEAS ON HOW TO RAISE MONEY AT MY HIGH SCHOOL? And please, try and help my cause! XOXO, ALEX.

(&&&) , We can do this TOGETHER!

2. Quitex

Quitex Guest

Alex!!
    Well, maybe it won't be via donations, but try a bake sale? They always work. You can even make PINK cupcakes! oh, wait, that's for breast cancer, not world hunger. However, Bake sale works :slight_smile:

3. alex0791

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah but people where i live are lazy... they won't wanna cook... You think store bought cookies are okay???

4. Quitex

Quitex Guest

Well what we do is to buy candies to the distributor (the one who sells them to the cady stores and supermarkets) so we get a very low price and we're able to have a 200% profit (We invested $100 the first time, got $350 from the sale) and you can ask for permission of your local goverment for selling them in a park or outside your school, of course you'll need adult supervision so your parents would be the ones meant to help you.

5. alex0791

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    FABULOUS! That sounds great! THANKS

6. Quitex

Quitex Guest

You're very welcome!!!
    *coughs* If other people have other ideas it'd be good to share, you know? :slight_smile:

7. Grof142007

be sure when u donate the money it acutally going toward the people u want to help becuase sometimes the money dont even make it

8. Psychedelic Bookmarks

You could have a hunger strike, and publicise the famine of others. For example, go 24 hours wihtout eating anything (if you can). Get people to sponsor you each hour you don't eat. If you publicise it enough, and find a good charity to send the money to, you could make a big difference. Good luck!!

9. alex0791

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Has anybody heard of "Feed The Children"? It's a well known 4 star charity. That's what I'm for.

10. pwnorton

Have you ever heard of OXFAM? (http://www.oxfam.org/)

At my school, once a year we have a day where we are all encouraged to fast and to donate to OXFAM the money we were going to spend on lunch. And at lunchtime, we all sit in small circles in the gym eating rice and talking. It's really cool. You should try to organize something like that.

11. lostinthought9

this probably won't help much, but this site: www.freerice.com is a site where u can donate rice by answering vocabulary questions, it doesnt sound like much, but i donated 1500 grains of rice, made me feel better though :slight_smile: but watever you decide to do, good luck!!

12. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight

This is a good idea but I'd do it a little differently. Going without eating for 24 hours is not so good for you but we all eat crap we don't need. How about having people pledge to give up a food they like........say soda pop for a week or a month. Then they get sponsors and if they stick to their task, the sponsors pay up. They could pledge a quarter a day for each day without soda or something like that.

By the way Alex, its a great thing you did! :slight_smile: I sponsor two kids in Ghana through an organization called World Vision. It's a Christian based organization but their main concern is not pushing the Bible (which I would absolutely be against) but making sure the kids are fed, have clean water, and necessary education.