1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hair products: What do you use?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Acobi, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Acobi

Acobi Guest

So what does everyone use to style their hair? I use American Crew products usually, pomades and styling gels but I'm looking to maybe change it up some. Particularly good products that let your hair "defy gravity" :grin:

So what do you use to style your hair? And how do you style it?

2. Minx

I don't use anything now.

But, I used to use hairgel to slick things back like a mafia member. :lol:

I didn't like that crunchy feeling, so I used to run my hands through everything after awhile. Then my hair would have this wonderfully soft texture while maintaining it's shape. I loved that part. :slight_smile:

3. prism

Redken Wax Blast 10 High Impact Finishing Spray Wax. <3

When it comes to appearance, I don't really care about fashion and make-up, but hair is very important to me. It's most often compared to Farrah Fawcett's hair, which is just... awesome.

4. DeanIsHome

I use cold water and my hands :grin: My hair is naturally spikey so once when i was 6 i was with my mom at a bakery and this dude started rubbing my head and my mom was like "What are you doing?!?" and they guy said "HE HAS NO GEL???"

5. timo

Pretty Me Up!: DOOP Hair Product Review < the 2nd one, The Outsider, is all I use. They call it 'shaping mud' and it... well, shapes. And (big bonus time) it gives hair a matte look. I hate it when my hair is all shiny.

6. kem

kem

I don't use any gels or anything to style my hair. I usually let my hair be the way they are when I get out of the shower.
    As for haircare, currently I'm trying to use up my Body Shop Fairtrade Shampoo and I just ran out of organic aloe vera conditioner (conveniently so as I cut my hair short again). I try not to use shampoo or other products daily so as to not stress my scalp; I have a bit of a dandruff problem from time to time so I'm hoping it'll help.

The conditioner: http://www.nicehair.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/urtekram_aloe_vera_organic_conditioner.jpg

It's really good; it doesn't form a lot of lather and it's more or less odorless.

#6 kem, Mar 3, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2013
  7. Acobi

Acobi Guest

This is awesome! I'm going to look into this! I love all the options there and I definitely go for the matte look as well! When people can't tell you use product and your hair is looking good-that is a job well done!

8. FollowtheFreeman

I use whatever I find in my shower.

9. Oddish

Oddish Guest

I use a lot of olive oil on my hair to keep it nice and soft, though it isn't as damaged much now since I stopped using the straightener like crazy and embraced the waves more.

Shampoo and conditioner wise, Kerastase with the orange lid, and sometimes Natures Organics. They all work like a charm.

I don't really use gel or hairspray because, yeah, I'm starting to learn to appreciate my natural wavy hair but I do use mousse to keep it all together.

10. Acobi

Acobi Guest

I have naturally "wavey" hair as well, though my hair is short compared to women's hair but longer for men's. I use to straighten my bands and hair in high school, but I have also embraced my natural waves! *highfives*

11. Ticklish Fish

I don't do anything!
    I am too lazy!
    Maybe when I bother trying to find fashionable hair for myself :slight_smile:

12. timo

How could I forget... I use a straightener too. My hair curls in the most awful way ever and only in certain places. Looks ridiculous.

Glad I could be of help :grin:

13. Oddish

Oddish Guest

My hair used to be to my shoulders, now it's near midback, and the longer it's gotten the more wavier it's been. c:

I used to hate it though, thought it made me look like an idiot. But it's better now that my hair has body rather than being all straight, flat and damaged haha.

but ye! /highfive

14. leer

wax but I dont use it often

15. Elicitra

I straighten and then use TRESemmé hairspray mostly... I'm surprised my hair isn't dead.

16. hello1992

a mixture depending on what mood i am in.

My main ones are: American crew forming paste and Fructus surf hair cream. I also use hairspray when my hair is a little longer (Vo5) and the occasional clay.

I like to have the front of my hair slightly pushed up. I have naturally very shiny hair so i like to use matte products. The fructus is good because it is very light and so looks natural. The forming paste is good because is can give my hair texture, hold and malleability. I don't like the shine though...

i generally am not a fan of Vo5, i find the hold isnt great...

---------- Post added 3rd Mar 2013 at 10:17 PM ----------

i don't suppose you guys can recommend me something. I want a product with strong hold and texture, no shine, but has the consistency of the american forming cream or lighter?? I want my hair style to look as natural as possible but my hair is thick so hold is an issue...

17. Lewis

All I use is TRESemmé hairspray after I've washed and dried it. I'm fed up of my hair right now.

18. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

Hair gel and hairspray. A LOT of it! :grin:

19. Nyanko

Start to finish:

Shampoo and Conditioner: TRESemme Moisture/Smooth and Silky.

TRESemme Mousse. The SMELL. O:

TRESemme Heat Protectant Spray.

Straightener. It's really bad for my hair, but I just have to straighten it.

So yeah...I'm a huge fan of TRESemme. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

20. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I almost never use anything for my hair because I keep it so short. But when I do, I use some gel.