1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tropers?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Just Jess, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Just Jess

I'm a really bad troper. I can kill a whole saturday on tvtropes.com . I've also always been into mythology and comic books ever since I was a little girl. There's a book by Joseph Cambell called "Hero with a Thousand Faces" that basically takes a whole bunch of fiction stories and points out some things they all have in common. TV Tropes has a website dedicated to the whole thing so you don't have to read the whole book, The Hero's Journey - Television Tropes & Idioms

So something that's been on my mind a lot is that the stuff we have to go through is a lot like that. We find out we don't fit the mold. We get an opportunity to embrace who we really are. A lot of us "refuse the call" and wait in the closet. Then even when we are finally okay with who we are, we have some people in our lives who test our resolve and try to keep us in the closet. Then we head out.

You can keep going with this. Like transition for me would be like being in the belly of the whale. I dunno. Something that's fun for me to think about, and it's kinda helped me deal with stuff thinking about it that way too.

Other stuff from tv tropes kinda helps too. I definitely am trying to be a "bunny ears lawyer" right now, Bunny-Ears Lawyer - Television Tropes & Idioms (of course that's gonna take me getting all my homework done today).

So anyone else ever pour countless hours into that website on here?

2. Ianthe

I love that website, and avoid it like hell because it sucks out my soul. Every time I've gone on there, I have ended up losing several hours at least.

3. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I had to go on there for class one time. It was the best assignment ever. I wish that every homework assignment could be that awesome.

I'm staying away from it right now because it eats my life completely when I do get on it..

4. Ridiculous