1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Summer Camps

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Cynder, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Cynder

Does anyone have any experience with LGBTQ summer camps? I was thinking people could put funny stories from camps here, or mention good camps in their area for anyone new wanting to go to one.

2. ForgottenRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    There Are camps Like that? No idea.. lol

3. Cynder

Yep. I've heard of some good ones (supportive, fun, not forcing you to become cisgender and/or straight because everything else is wrong) but I don't remember them. You can find some on google, but I always think its best to hear actuall stories and experiences. :slight_smile:

4. Winfield

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Dang, i never knew these camps exsisted....

5. Cynder

I'm not sure if you're interests sill lie tere, but I'm pretty sure you could find a camp that you would be in the age group of. There are camps for kids/teens, tenns/young adults and adult camps. You just have to look :thumbsup::slight_smile:(*hug*)

6. PleaseHelp

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Unitarian Universalist camps are good. A few of my friends go to Unirondack in Upstate New York. They're open to ANYTHING, and there's a bunch of queer/trans councilors there too

7. Where I am a gay summer camp would involve being beaten with a bible until you repented.

8. DMark69

Here in Wyoming, we have Wyoming Rendezvous, a week long camp out in August sponsored by Wyoming Equality. Last summer we had 400 people up there, all of them LGBT.

9. Naren

I want a lgbt camp. Wantwantwant.

10. PawsUp456

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    that'd be soooo awesome

11. LailaForbidden

*GASP* We should make an Empty Closets summer camp!!! (Including all ages, of course :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

12. Oddish

Oddish Guest

I'm usually not one who'd be a fan of camps but I would assume an LGBTQ one would be awesome. If only those sorts of things existed here..

13. Convoy

I went to a few summer camps when I was younger and one of them was a "religious" one that pretty much everyone in my family had attended.

Surprisingly it went rather well; they're wasn't a huge emphasis on religion there were prayer services but they were optional and a bunch of people didn't go, sayings here and there but it wasn't overall that bad.

The guys I roomed with in a cabin (It was all outdoors, cabin or tent style) were ridiculous and we just made horrible sex talk and puns the whole time except for the one guy who we all made feel really awkward (cause he was all into the religious stuff). Two of them ended up messing around the the woods and at I know one of the guy's ended up trans later in life.

It was an interesting time, not necessarily what was intended to happen but cool nevertheless, from a horrible axe explosion that made the whole place stank and nearly catch fire to just random walking around at night after the place had been locked up. Hard to believe that that happened way back then, I don't have a whole lot of positive memories of past but we did some crazy stuff way back when.