1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I make a CV?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ty, Mar 20, 2008.

1. Ty

Ty Guest

I want to apply for this sales assistant Job at Levi's and it requires a CV, but I don't know how to make one >..<

It wants it in PDF form, which isn't the difficulty. I just dont know what to write for a CV :S

Help please?

2. Rette

There's actually a TON of resources online to help with CV/resume writing. Just do a quick google search, it should get you started.

For mine, I always just write down work experience, school experience, any achievements/awards (academic or otherwise), put down some volunteer experience if you have it, and references at the bottom.

3. Jeimuzu

I'll cut the details out of mine and MSN it if you want? It's a decent enough template.

4. Ty

Ty Guest

That'd be awesome, James :grin:

5. mcrteenagers

This is my most recent cover letter.

Basically in three paragraphs is:
    1) Describe yourself - details outlining why you are good for the job
    2) Outline why you want the job - how you can benefit the job and how the job will benefit you.
    3) Ask for an interview. Provide contact information.

Good luck!

6. Jeimuzu

Covering letters and CVs aren't quite the same. A covering letter is usually specific to the company that you're sending to, CVs are generic documents that you can print out en masse and hand around.

Ty, I'll sort that out for you.

7. Ty

Ty Guest

Thankyou James =]

8. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I have just emailed mine to you, Ty. It's a bit out of date but it should help a bit.

Because you're still at school you probably won't have much (or any) work related experience stuff to put in. But you can include what you're studying at school, marks in the last SATS or whatever, hobbies and interests, any voluntary stuff you do etc. It'll probably be a single page.

Presentation is important. If the layout is untidy and there are spelling or punctuation errors etc, an employer is likely to just move onto the next one. So even if you don't have loads of content, make it look good with organised structure and clear readable text.