1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay people who are obsessed about fashion?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Niqk, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Niqk

Niqk Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I am meeting a gay friend of mine who is like that. What do such people like? It might make him more interested in me if I kind of understood his interest in fashion etc.

What do such people expect from a partner usually?

2. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is actually a great opportunity to learn about something new from somebody! I'm not going to say anything, because it is time you could spend asking him about it. Everyone loves to talk about their interests and I'm sure he'd love to answer questions you might have. :slight_smile:

3. Niqk

Niqk Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well, I'm not really much into fashion... I don't even give a damn what shirt I wear as long as it is a shirt.

He's kind of like Justin in Ugly Betty in terms of that trait and general personality. So he's kind of very fussy. I'm the exact opposite and I'm sure I am a very boring person. I can't read most people's emotions very well, so I could not be sure how he would feel.

4. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Just be yourself. Nobody wants to date themself after all. Being different is an advantage... it gives the sense of being well established in who you are and that's attractive to just about anyone.

So you're not into fashion. Oh well. Focus on what you ARE into, and both of you will have the chance to expand your horizons! :slight_smile:

5. Brenny

I can't say what your friend would expect in a partner but I imagine that there are guys like that who want their boyfriends to be very put together while others are looking for guys who are more of an opposite. Idk. I know in my case I have a friend (who I like as well) who is very fashionable and he looks for guys who are also well dressed and very clean-cut. I appreciate fashion but I am not as crazy about it as he is. I do like comfortable clothing as well. We are good as friends at least... I'm not sure if that helps you in the least.

If you want more to learn just ask him questions that come naturally. What are his favorite styles? Places to shop? Maybe you can ask him for advise on dressing well while still dressing comfortably and modestly. What is he looking for in guys as far as fashion goes? Honestly I feel like these types put a much higher standard to themselves when it comes to fashion than others so I wouldn't worry too much. We are all different. He probably understands that.

6. Niqk

Niqk Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I am mildly autistic. Being myself would be mutism. I cannot be myself if I want to be with someone. Conversation is an awkward mechanism I can barely perform.

7. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not going to pretend I know much about Autism, but have you spoken to a counsellor? Maybe they can help you find ways to build confidence and help with struggles exclusive to Autism. :slight_smile:

8. Niqk

Niqk Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have. They just said to be ''myself''... people can think a simple task like speaking is easy for everyone. It isn't.

9. Well... I do care about fashion, but I'm not obsessed. Half of the time, I go more dressy casual, and the rest of the time, I dress pretty casually.

10. PawsUp456

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Personally, I care about how I dress and like to be put together, but I wouldn't say I'm obsessed with fashion hah. Nothing like the people from Devil Wears Prada!

11. Winfield

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    im like this guy ^^^ hate shopping and would wear anything thats clean and fits...
    fashion doesnt phase me... if you like the guy then just ask questions i suppose... if its just a friend then you dont need to talk about fashion :eusa_naug

12. hkboy93

I need to at least make myself look good and blend in with the rest of the trendy-ish Asians (I'm Asian).
    No offence but I cannot stand some north Americans in the summer who wear thick white cotton socks with sandals and shorts, everytime I see one I cringe

13. fuzzywuzzy

I have never cared about the way I look up until recently. My wardrobe at the moment is full of heavy metal band t-shirts and cringe-worthy clothing. I really need to buy some new clothes :lol:. I've never minded going shopping with friends so I guess I've had a thing for it. In my opinion it's great having interest in fashion but just like all things it has to be taken in moderation.

14. Niqk

Niqk Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    He's a friend I want to date with. But I want to impress him somehow. He's into Glamour etc. and I'm about as glamorous a mountain gorilla.

15. Fashion is a fairly wide field. If he likes fashion, shy of actually you know, talking to him about it there is no way to know the specifics of what he likes. That he is gay has no bearing on this.

16. therunawaybff

My only criteria for my own clothing is that it's clean. I pretty much just keep a basic wardrobe of dark neutrals (gray, black, navy) that can be switched up at a moment's notice.

I do enjoy fashion in an abstract sense though, in that I like to read fashion blogs, check out dresses at the Oscars, or watch shows like Project Runway.

But I'm never going to wear designer clothes though. I just like to look at them.