1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rainbow Bracelet?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Cynder, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Cynder

Do any of you wear pride/lgbt/rainbow bracelets/necklaces/keychains/etc. of any kind? Where did you get them?

2. Clowstar

i used to. i just don't even wear jewelry much anymore. that, and most of my stuff is back at home or in a random box in my dorm and i haven't found it.

but you can find a lot at the mall, especially during june. i got most of mine at claire's/icing (which is more girly rainbow than actually "gay"), hot topic, and spencer's. others, i've collected from amusement parks or beach gift shops. there's also some pride jewelry sites like prideshack and overtherainbowshop but i just haven't really found anything that i liked off of them.

3. Oddish

Oddish Guest

I have a rainbow bracelet, and I got it at pride this year. I know there's a ton you can get on Etsy.. and i'm sure some stores here and there would carry them.

4. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Just found one on E-bay :slight_smile:

5. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I do! My sister just made me one a few days ago. I love it! :grin:
    [​IMG]

She also made herself one; which is black, gray, white, and purple. It symbolizes asexuality. :slight_smile:

6. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Kool :icon_bigg

7. castle walls

That is a really nice bracelet! I bought one online that is very similar except is has the bisexual pride colors

8. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you! :grin:

Thanks! ^_^ Yeah, the bisexual pride colors are awesome. I love how enthusiastic so many people are about buying bracelets and other accessories to somehow represent themselves. :slight_smile:

9. fuzzywuzzy

My best friend got me one a few days ago as a gift. Needless to say, I screamed like a little girl :lol:. It's kinda like this one

[​IMG]

#9 fuzzywuzzy, Mar 6, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
  10. RueBea85

RueBea85 Guest

When I first came out I wore a rainbow anklet that I had bought at Pride. I bought a bracelet, and a sticker as well. I also have a rainbow belt my friend gave me.

I usually wear the rainbow belt with my jeans but other than that, I don't normally wear rainbow stuff. There is a place called Spencer's that normally has LGBT stuff.

11. Not being out I don't now. I might try it after I am. I guess if you have the classic gay problem of not knowing where the guys you're attracted to fall on a Kinsey scale, they're a great way to advertise.

12. leer

my sig picture is one i bought when i was 16 before i came out wore it a few times. Mum bought me a beaded one without asking me she went and found out what one meant then
    gave it to me I cried like a baby I hardly take it off .

13. Eric

I would if I could find one that's to my liking that's affordable. :slight_smile:

14. Van

Van

I made my bracelet and wear it sometimes and I made one for my mom and she doesn't take it off. :slight_smile:

15. Sayu

I've got lots of rainbow stuff :grin: Some of them I made by myself, some of them friends made me and some of them I bought :slight_smile:

16. 4AllEternity

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I may get one, but I don't think they really help tell people you're bi/gay. I mean, would you ever go up to someone and say "I notice you're wearing a rainbow bracelet, are you gay?".

It may at least help to hint that you're gay, but ultimately you'll still have to actually tell people. They won't make an assumption based off of a small clothing accessory.

17. Dalmatian

Yeah, but if you liked someone and were unsure if they were gay and wanted to ask, wouldn't such a bracelet help?

I'd like something.. I think I'll make myself a bracelet. Although I really want a ring.

18. Tetraquark

Tetraquark Guest

I wear one that I got at some accessory store in the mall (Claire's, I think). So far no one has remarked on it, but I think it does help if someone is already interested in you because it indicates that you're probably at least friendly to the LBGTQ community.

19. andersonh09

andersonh09 Guest

I made one and I got one from my school's GSA when they put on a valentines day fundraiser dinner.

20. Rayne

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ive had a few, my fave was a simple bead one a friend made me but that was stolen in college i have a chain mail one now but dont get to wear it often , still hoping to make a simple bead one again, what irks me is that they never use all 7 colors :grin: its a rainbow dont half do it use all the colors :grin: