1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Talked to my father (nothing to do with sexuality.... Well actually kinda I guess)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Alexander69, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Alexander69

So my mother and father are home anyways I went to my fathers office and talked to him. I pretty much told him that I am so thankful for every thing he am my mother has done and gotten me but I said I need to be independent and not rely or depend in them for things I need to live within my means meaning not asking them for money I said all the things I've always had I'm so thankful for but they are not nessecary anymore. I told him I need to grow up and be a man. I said there is no way to describe what a wonderful life I have I said but I have this life because of my families hard work not my own I told him how my entire youth I've spent depending on my inheritance but I said what if something were to come up and I didn't get anything? I said I need to be successful on my own ad work my way up. I think he was a little shocked he didn't say very much except for why I was saying these things and why I suddenly had a total life change. That's all he really said and then I left when he started to ignore me :/ he came and talked to me a little later and started talking about my child hood to me and how they (my parents) didnt always buy me everything I wanted. He said they started buying me things they wanted me to have when I started likening girls things like make up and Barbies he said they were concerned that I was around my mother to long because he was never home and that I was confused as to what buys liked. So they started buying me anything they could to show me what boys liked. Then he went on to tell me how when I was bullied in school when I was younger I was being called faggot and homo and queer becuase of the things I wore and the way I acted he said they started buying me anything expensive to make people jealous of me so they wouldn't make fun of me. He said that's what started you on designer things. He went into say how be feels terrible for being a bad father to my brother and I how he was never around for us and how he would like to start being around more BLA BLA BLA he says this to us a lot. This is the first time I've ever talked for a long time with my father.... Like in my whole life it was awkward but it was so necessary :/

2. Sayu

Re: Talked to my father (nothing to do with sexuality.... Well actually kinda I guess

Wow, you're really brave! :slight_smile: How's he acting now? Is he mad or anything? :?

3. Alexander69

Re: Talked to my father (nothing to do with sexuality.... Well actually kinda I guess

No I haven't seen him today I don't know where he went. Idk how he feels but I just told him how I felt if he accepts it or not isnt important to me BECUASE it's what I need and want to happen. If my parents don't want to listen then I will pull my self away from them.

4. Ianthe

Alexander, that's really great. That was a very mature conversation with your father.

I have a thing or two to say about his parenting strategy and the effect that must have had on you, but I'm headed out the door. I'll have to get back to it later.

But really--good for you.