1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anyone's dog ever bite through the vacuum hose?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ameliawesome, Mar 6, 2013.

1. ameliawesome

I have this crazy idea that if my dog successfully punctures the vacuum hose it'll blow horrible stuff into his mouth or face and hurt him. How reasonable a worry is this? Not long ago the top part of the hose had a hole and it shot my mom in the face with bits of dirt, hahaha. It's a pretty old vacuum. He bites it every time someone runs it, and I don't care if he bites the hard plastic but when he goes for the hose I freak out.

2. 461 467

I've had a crazy squirrel gnaw large holes in a shopvac hose once. He also bit into an air outlet on the side of the unit, which makes me suspect there was something in the canister that he wanted. I don't leave shopvacs outside anymore. Lol.

3. Bree

I don't know. Maybe if he bit a small hole. If he bit it wide open it would stop sucking anything up. Everyone's inhaled dirt at some point--probably not enough to hurt him.

4. ameliawesome

hahaha squirrels are crazy!

yeah, i'm probably worrying too much about nothing. i do have this weird fear of freak accidents :frowning2:

5. Naren

This is one of the randomest things I've seen in a while. If he bites the hose, and that does happen, rest assured he won't do it again.

6. Wickgaga

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Put him in another room (or other area) while you vacuum just to ease your mind? :slight_smile:

7. Relax. It's a dog, he'll be fine.

8. DanD

Pets are too much sometimes. I recently purchased a dog from my local blacksmiths, and once I got her home she made a bolt for the door...