1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flirting.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Joey4, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Joey4

Ever heard of a guy, presumed to be totally straight, say that he's more flirty with guys than he is girls? Went to a game last night and on the way, that's what my buddy said to me.

Is there such a thing as hetero flirting? He was super "huggy" and gave my a lot of elbow nudges all throughout the game.

2. BornInTexas

My friend flirts with me A LOT...he's straight, and ever since I came out to him, he's been extra touchy and flirty. I think he's just trying to make me more comfortable around him, or he is trying to lighten the mood or something to erase the awkwardness, but I don't think he sees what I am seeing. We're good friends, don't get me wrong. But I think he is trying too hard to be friends. xD

I'm not sure, I could be reading him completely wrong. All I know is, maybe "hetero flirting" is a thing?

3. Joey4

^ Yeah, that's kind of where I am. I don't wanna tell this guy anything though in fear of him feeling weird about the whole thing. He seems pretty straight. We've talked about how relationships with girls. Facebook doesn't indicate any alternative lifestyle. I met him playing hockey.

I don't really know how to treat it. He could just be super nice.

4. BornInTexas

Probably. My friend assures me that he is okay with me being gay, and he has a girlfriend and is..."straight". So, your theory could prove true in the long run! :grin: We've all probably had some of those extra touchy-feely friends in our lives.

If you think he might be uncomfortable with you telling him, just wait and see if he asks... If he does, tell him, but explain the extra stuff AFTERWARDS. Telling him that stuff before hand could make him slightly awkward.

Anyhow, hockey? I wish I could play hockey. What are your favorite teams?

5. Minx

I experienced something similar.

I think when a straight friend is comfortable with us, they find it easy to be more affectionate outside of the norms of male/masculine standards of hetero culture.

*shrugs* :slight_smile:

6. Joey4

I don't think he'll ask. All my friends that I've told thus far have been surprised. There isn't anything about me that immediately indicates anything about that part of my life, I don't think anyway. I guess I'll just wait it out.

I'm newer to playing it. I don't play as often as I like. It is a blast though.

I'm strictly a Caps fan. I live in the DC Metro area. But I do like seeing East Coast teams play. Penguins, Rangers, Flyers. . . .he's a Bruins fans. That's why we went last night. Awesome game.

---------- Post added 6th Mar 2013 at 09:17 PM ----------

Hey Minx.

He doesn't know I'm bi. Most peeps don't.

7. Joey4

No further opinions?

8. TheDifferent13

Are you guys close friends?

I don't have any friends myself, who would flirt or be extra touchy-feely with me. But two of my brother's friends, who are really close often hug and "flirt" and poke each other in a joking manner. And I'm quite sure they're straight, since one has a family already and the other always had a girlfriend. I know there's still a chance, that they're not straight, but all that "flirting" and everything seems just like joking around to me.

It might be the same with you. Just a friend joking around. Or is it more serious than that?

9. There are a bunch of guys in my school who joke flirt with other guys. To the best of my knowledge they're all hetero and just do it for fun.

10. Joey4

We're not really close friends at all. Before the game on Tuesday, the extent of our friendship was just going to pick up hockey. He didn't have a car for a bit, so I picked him up a few times. Then we'd trade off rides. We went to breakfast once after an early morning skate.

There was a few headlocks and elbow nudges throughout the night. It just seemed really sudden for a friend I didn't have much of a relationship prior to that night. We've never been like that before. We were probably three beers deep before it started.

I don't know. My regular friends and I aren't like that. He's from up north. Maybe it's just his way.

11. cm81990

cm81990 Guest

I've had similar situations but my mind will always cancel out any possibility the guy i gay. I become more resistant and uptight if a guy presumably straight shows any amount of affection towards me. I generally don't hug my male friends. I don't know... perhaps I'm afraid to show emotion.

12. BornInTexas

Emotion is normal! Same with being afraid to show the other emotions. :grin:

I become uptight and resistant, boy or girl, touches me when I am not expecting it.