1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am out.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by LoveMusicPoetry, Mar 6, 2013.

1. LoveMusicPoetry

So now I am out. Everybody knows. My husband knows and luckily he is a big enough man to support me, even though he knows it means our marriage is over. My friends at college know and all my friends on fb know. I have been getting messages of support off people I haven't seen for years and it's been really touching.

It's a relief that it's all finally out in the open. My life is a mess and I've got a lot of things to sort out but at least I can do it honestly now.

For those who didn't see my post on the 'Coming out later in life' forum, thank you all very much for all your support. I couldn't have got through this last few weeks with out it and I really mean that. Being on here has given me the confidence to talk about it and made me feel more comfortable with who I am. So thanks again.

Vicki xxx

2. curlycats

i'm really glad that your coming out is going so well for you, Vicki. :slight_smile: as you said, there's still lots to do and to sort out, but i can imagine how much of a weight off your back it is to finally be out. i truly do wish you and your family the best during this time and in the future.

also, thank YOU for coming to EC and sharing your story and success with us. it really is inspirational. :slight_smile:

take care!

3. Sinopaa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't worry hun. Though things are a mess now your life will bounce back better than before! :icon_bigg Take time to stretch and enjoy the new you before sorting through your past. I know from experience that being stuck in a closet for such a long time causes some major muscle cramps. :confused: My leg was rather sore after I finally kicked down my closet door! Some comfort shopping for dresses helped fix it right up though. :lol:

4. Well this is very touching. I hope you feel relief, but if you don't yet, I'm absolutely sure you will in the coming months and years.

5. leer

this is really good news my life was totally shit when i came out despite having the support
    of mum and dad but gradually over a few months it got & felt better it takes time but am sure you'll get there (*hug*)

6. hello1992

I am so happy for you!

May i ask, how did you do it? How did you come the decision to do it?

Was it sudden after reading the forums on EC? Or was it planned and used EC as support?

7. LoveMusicPoetry

It was all brought to a head really. My husband finally pulled his head out of the sand and realised that all wasn't right. He was in a really bad way and I just couldn't lie to him anymore. He'd actually had a jolly good idea what the reason was and my coming out wasn't a shock to him. This made it easier for me I must admit but saying those three words to him was the hardest thing I've ever had to say in my life.

I was talking to a guy at my college yesterday who lived in the closet for nearly 20 years through a marriage, kids and an army career. It was good to actually talk to somebody in the flesh who has had a similar experience. He told me that he actually thought I was a lesbian the first time he met me 18 months ago...seems like everybody guessed but me.

8. hello1992

thats nice, i am glad it all worked out fine. Its good that your husband is fine with it, i think thats really big of him to do so...

9. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations, well done, I know how difficult it must have been!

10. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well done :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride: