1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have no way to save this site.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Romandude, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Romandude

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    :bang:
    My history doesn't work and neither does bookmarks. If I keep it on my browser my parents will find out. Help!

2. barca

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    You could open up something like notepad, and just type it in there and save the .txt feel discreetly. Or write it down on a piece of paper and and hide it somewhere.

I usually just manually type it each time. I find the name kind of memorable.

3. Winfield

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    dont save it...

i dont ... i always delete my history and cookies and anything that goes with it....

then when you want to go on just type in emptyclosets on google... that's what ive been doing... (make sure you delete your search history on google too)

if there's an easier way then i'd like some help also lol

4. Bree

Umm...a little while back objects such as paper and pencils could be found in the real world. I'm not sure if they're still there, as I haven't been back in a while, but maybe you can find a couple relics? Then write as follows:

emptyclosets.com
    Username: Romandude
    Password: (as follows)

Place the paper in a safe location, such as inside a clean pair of socks, and copy the url back into the computer when you wish to return to the site.

5. mav96213

If you have your own email account (which I'd guess is password protected) you could copy and paste the address in an email and send it to yourself.... then it's only a "click" away.

6. RedMage

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    This. And if you're worried about someone finding out just put the initial of this site, if anyone asks you about it just say it's for a game or something.

The email method is great too, I always use it to help myself remember assignments and important info for some sites.

7. Empty Closets. Emmmmpppppppttttttttyyyyy Clossssssetttttttts. It's really not that hard to remember.

8. Dalmatian

I don't think remembering the site name is very hard.

But, if you don't want to remember the name or need to enter your credentials each time you visit, you could install an alternative browser just for EC. There are many available, although if your parents use IE, take Firefox for yourself, or if they use Firefox take Chrome or if they know IE is worthless, then take IE for EC. Not safe on a shared computer, but if it's yours and you just don't want someone to stumble upon EC, this is probably enough. Just take the browser icon off desktop.

Also, you can sometimes password protect your programs. I use EC on my phone exclusively on Opera and that's where my pass is stored. But Opera is password protected so that when/if people take my phone for any reason, they can click around all they want.

9. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Adjust your history settings then. I'm certain that "doesn't work" is not the case; you just need to set it up so it stores sites instead of deleting them once your browser closes.

If you're afraid of somebody finding out that way, then you're pretty much out of luck. :/ Remember the site name and enter your name/password every time.

10. plasticcrows

plasticcrows Guest

What OS are you using?

If windows:
    Download a different browser. e.g. if you're using chrome, download firefox or opera. Install the browser to your computer, but don't let it make a desktop icon or a start bar icon. Just right click on the desktop/startbar icon if it does make one and delete it. Open a windows explorer window, go to your harddrive and find the folder called "Program Files" and the file "Program Files (x86)." The folder that the browser you installed should be in there. Pretty inconspicuous. You can move that folder to anywhere on your computer and use that one from now on and save as many book marks as you want. Alternatively, you could put the browser on a flashdrive/USB drive/memory stick/whatever you call it and plug it into your computer whenever you want to browse the internet.

If Mac:
    Download a new browser. You'll download a file that looks like <browsername>.dmg Just open the .dmg file but don't install it to your hard drive and you'll be able to run the browser. Yes, you can save bookmarks. Just put the .dmg file to some surreptitious folder on your hard drive or to a flash drive.

It sounds like a lot of trouble, but it's actually pretty easy to set up.

If your parents have some dick monitoring software, like keyloggers or other "parental controls," then I'm not really sure what to tell you besides remove the software, but they'll probably find out.

If you don't own a flashdrive, you can buy one for like $5. Doing so shouldn't raise suspicion from your parents because they're used for pretty much anything.

11. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I would suggest considering installing the alternate browser on a flash drive that gets removed after use. Even if hidden on the hard drive, there is always a chance it will turn up by accident.