1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you were famous could u handle the publicity?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Alexander69, Mar 7, 2013.

?

Your preference

1. I would love to be famous I an handle the media

9 vote(s)
    18.8%
  2. I would love to be famous but I couldn't handle the constant media attention

3 vote(s)
    6.3%
  3. Absolutely not I don't want to be famous NEVER

8 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. I would rather be rich and not famous

23 vote(s)
    47.9%
  5. I wouldn't want to be rich or famous

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  6. Meh doesn't matter to me

4 vote(s)
    8.3%
  1. Alexander69

Everyone ways thinks how great it would be to be famous bit my question is could you personally handle the publicity always being in the public eye? Having hate and gossip always around you? Or would you rather be rich and not famous?

2. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I have a hard enough time dealing with the local popularity that wearing a kilt has gotten me. I could never handle actual fame.

3. TestingitOut

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would not mind being rich, I think I could do that pretty well actually. But I am a very behind the scenes kind of person, I don't like being in the spotlight, and I certainly wouldnt want my privacy stripped from me. So yeah, I would HATE the fame part, and probably wouldnt pursue any type of career that brought that kind of attention to me.

4. julia

I would LOVE to be famous honestly. But only for good reasons.. I wouldn't like it much if there were a lot of rumors about me.

5. castle walls

I think that I could handle the publicity if I become famous but I don't want to be famous. The paparazzi and gossip would irritate me. I like my privacy too much. I wouldn't mind being rich though

6. Vesper

I'd rather be rich but not famous. There is no way in hell I could handle having my personal life scrutinized by people who have no business doing so, and have to be held to an impossibly high standard for a human being. I absolutely do not agree with those who say that celebrities should have to deal with invasions of privacy, no matter how egregious or even dangerous they are. (Let's face it--if you're perfect in every way, there'd still be people who would hate you.)

7. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Honestly, I don't know that anyone who has not been in that situation can honestly assess whether or not they could handle it. I mean, some are clear they would not be comfortable with the visibility, but I think that many of those who *think* they could might feel otherwise if subjected to it.

Imagine being Lindsay Lohan or Justin Bieber or someone like that and *never* being able to go anywhere without paparazzi on your back, fans noticing you, or whatever. Every thing you do, someone's going to judge it, write about it, post it to Youtube, etc., and there's really no way to get away from it unless you become a hermit or a master of mysterious disguise.

Definitely not for me :slight_smile:

8. sugarcubeigloo

I can barely handle my birthday when my friends have the restaurant staff sing happy birthday to me, let alone having the attention from people around the world if I were famous. However, I wouldn't mind a lot of money. :lol:

9. madi

I'd like to be "famous" but not a celebrity. Like I would love to be some ground breaking scientist or astronaut, but some reality tv bimbo....the media deals with different positions a little differently.

10. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've had a hard enough time getting used to a ton of people on campus knowing who I am. The good thing is that I am out from hiding in the shadows. I just have to get used to people knowing who I am..

11. Alexander69

I think in moderation I could handle it but not the way people go about celebrities today. I can't handle that. And being gay and if your not hour having to hide that part of you from the whole world would be more stressful them hiding it from family and friends. I really think though if people feel that celebs are Invaded then stop watching/listening to them eventually no one will care and paparazzi will have no one to sell to. Putting people on a pedestal is risky that person will become cocky and being a teenager we are cocky already give a teen fame and its a disaster waiting to happen the sense of invincibility that comes with fame is the Hollywood life style, drugs alcohol feel like that could never affect you and you are a god. I mean it's only a matter of time Justin beiber falls flat on his face and becomes a reck. He will no longer be as famous and will do what ever to be in the public eye. Some celebs can not handle not being in the public eye and need fame. Although I feel celebs know what they are getting them selves into with fame, I don't however believe they should have their safety risked by the paparazzi.

12. Rogue

I don't need Fame, but i dont mind the rich '>->
    "giggles cause his rich" xD

13. aeva

I'm exactly the same. I think growing up as a theatre tech kid (both my parents are/were career techies) has caused me, like you, to be much more comfortable behind the scenes.

I'm not private at all in terms of information I disclose about myself or my past, but am quite solitary in terms of behavior. Being the center of attention is intensely uncomfortable for me, even if it's something as simple as my parents singing Happy Birthday to me.

14. Oddish

Oddish Guest

I love attention, I'm not going to lie, but I couldn't take it in mass quantities like celebrities. I'd probably end up going Alec Baldwin on a couple of paparazzi if got to me that badly. Now, the money on the other hand, yeah.. I wouldn't refuse it. But I do not desire fame in one way or another, considering that I couldn't even be out in public without people taking pictures, or making trivial news reports just because I decided to buy ice cream at a shop.

15. Kat kanu

i really dont give a flying :***: what people say as long as the people close to me know the truth then ill be fine i would really like to be a famous singer

16. Eric

The Jodie Foster/Kevin Spacey option of being intensely private about everything would probably work for me.

17. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I doubt I'd like being famous. People would then see a facade of you that they create in their minds rather than the actual you. Add the paparazzi attention to that, and I'd go insane.

Rich, though? Where do I sign? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

18. photoguy93

I'd do the George Clooney method - just take it!

whenever George is in TMZ or photogs get him, he usually says hello or just smiles.

Kim Kardashian, though, has to "hide" and "get away" (wink wink.)

I honestly believe that if you treat the paparazzi right and give them what they want, you will be ok. When you try and act like you really are the shit and they can't get you, it only adds fuel to the fire!

19. ReyJ

I'd have to be myself, but I'd like to think that I could take it. Oh and as long as I was famous for something good I wouldn't mind.