1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

That Heart Stopping Moment Where....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by PurpleRain, Mar 8, 2013.

1. PurpleRain

Skyrim... I have no life, and enjoy it. :D
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You aren't out to anyone at all and then you find out that your mother is standing over your shoulder while your making a post on EC and you think "OH MY GOD DON'T KILL ME!!" then she's like "What? I don't care if you have a facebook." Then you think "Thank God for the 'no logo' option and that my mother doesn't know what facebook looks like..."

So what are your guys' favorite heart stopping moments? :grin:

2. bubblesh204

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I didn't know that there was a no logo option...
    but a few nights ago I had left the webpages that I was on open while my mother was doing whatever on the computer. She asked me to do something on her email for her and I noticed that I had left this window open. When I got back on she had apparently closed this window and I was kind of freaking out.

3. Naren

Had a similar moment at school, was reading a thread on here and my friend was staring at my screen. I'm starting to think he can't read, because he seemed not to notice the big "Empty Closets etc etc" on the thing.

4. Oddish

Oddish Guest

I was reading the tweets by that guy who shoved the dildo up his ass while my dad sat down next to me and started jokingly messing around with me, going, "what're you looking at?"

I had to close out of the tab like a mothaf.

I don't know how i would've explained that one lol.

5. MerBear

when you say the wrong thing in a joke and it offends someone

I was going in a rant about my sister and kids and kind of said "miscarriage" and my ex said in a serious tone "don't joke about miscarriage" and my heart stopped and i went pale white

i didn't mean to, i just went into a rant and couldn't stop

oh crap!

my favorite....i dont think, i have a favorite.....

#5 MerBear, Mar 9, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2013
  6. Minx

That heart stopping moment when you drop or knock something over, only to find nothing is broken.

So, you put it back in place and pretend nothing ever happened. :lol:

7. tulman

OK, all you computer literate teens, what's the "no logo option"? Help out this old fart.

8. timo

Story of my life.

On the bottom left of the page, there's a tab that says 'Default style' but you can change it to 'no logo'. Or to the very awesome M4 Purple :slight_smile:

9. RedMage

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    This, especially at work.

When anyone asks to use my laptop is a heart stopping moment for me. It's like handing a baby to someone, a baby with a dirty diaper. :lol: But it does have important documents and files for school and side work of mine.

I don't think anyone has noticed when I type on this forum since I usually go on a few forums they just lump them all in as one forum.

10. Ridiculous

When typing a rather explicit reply to a thread in the Health/Wellbeing section I somehow managed to press the browser's Print shortcut on the keyboard...

Luckily no one used the printer before I realised.

11. SkyColours38

I was checking my email in the 6th Form common room at school, and forgot that I'd signed up for email updates from one of the threads on EC. I leapt up to cover the screen and turned the computer off with my foot, then walked away looking very suspicious/sheepish! Thankfully nobody realised. I mean, I wouldn't mind if more people found out I was bi, but that would be a really awkward way for it to happen.
    There's also the time my aunt nearly came in when I was looking at... inappropriate material. Fast reflexes for the win!

12. BornInTexas

Whenever my mom or dad enters my room, I click off of this website so fast, if I am on. You are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO lucky.

Let's see. My heart stops every time I am frightened by something. Every effing time.

The main time that happens is, though, whenever my brothers enter my room. Scares me.

13. ilovecats

ilovecats Guest

My parents decided to snoop through my phone and I had left this website up. I was so scared, but it turned out okay.

14. FemCasanova

When one of my small siblings climb up on the high arm-end of the couch and is suddenly about to jump off and down to the floor. I freeze, and images of split skulls and blood runs through my head and I can`t breathe again until they land all fine and walks away with a smirk. To which I yell my head off about how they are going to end up killing their poor big sister by giving me a heart attack. Even the youngest (6) knows my rant by heart now. "When you do dangerous things then sisters heart stops, so we have to be careful because she`s got fragile nerves" I heard him tell one of my other siblings the other day, so obviously they do listen. My imagination is way too vivid, so whenever they do something that could potentially cause injury, all possible injuries flash in my head, and I freeze up. Hate that feeling of wild panic!

15. BornInTexas

I get so freaking nervous if I am on this website at home or school. I left it up over night, and when I got to school, it said in big bold letters: A SAFE ONLINE COMMUNITY FOR GAY, LESBIAN, BISEXUAL, TRANSGERED PEOPLE COMING OUT

I literally closed my laptop, and said it was out of battery with the reddest face. What sucks is I sit in the front of the room, and people behind me might have seen. Luckily, no one has said a word about it since it happened, which leads me to suspect they didn't see it. :lol:

16. 4AllEternity

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I accidentally left a browser window of guys in swimsuits open, which my brother saw while walking by my door when I was in the washroom. The funny thing was that I wasn't jacking off to them or anything, I really was trying to find a cool swimsuit, the thing is the photos modeling them were pretty erotic, so it probably didn't look so innocent to my bro xD.

17. FallenAngel

FallenAngel Guest

Haha X) Oooooh my goodness! Scary!!!

Hm...one time I was looking stuff up that I shouldn't have been and my laptop screen froze. HORRIBLE but I deserved it. Thankfully I was able to reset it but ugh that was scary.

18. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I used to share a laptop with my mom. One day, when I got off of her laptop, I forgot to close out this website. She gets the laptop and then says " this is a funny Facebook." She didn't even notice anything else about it! When I came out to her a few months later, I told her that the "funny Facebook" was this site. We still laugh about this today..

19. TSN2012

Once, my brother had to borrow my thumb drive but he forgot to ask for my permission. And on my thumb drive there was a picture of hot Thai male celebrities in tight underwear all sweating etc.. Well you get the idea. And he was like, "why do you have this picture?" I literally almost died from heart failure when i walked up to him and saw the picture. But because God gave me the talent to lie, i acted all cool and said, " oh, one of my female friends saw the picture on the internet and asked me to save it so that i can send to her later.' A truly scary moment for me, he believed my story though.