1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did you accidentally OBVIOUSLY check people out after realizing you were gay?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by thinthinline, Mar 9, 2013.

1. thinthinline

I think it's been around 2 months since I realized I am for sure not straight, possibly bi, but I definitely like women. Since realizing my "gayness" and getting comfortable with finding other women attractive, my eyes are OUT OF CONTROL.

The other day I actually turned my head around and looked this girl up and down because she had on black leggings and it was...pretty. She was turned around so she didn't see me, and the people in front of me were turned around too. Luckily no one saw. Half a second into the looking up and down, I realized what I was doing :lol::bang: I was like a dog running after a stick [although this has nothing to do with sticks :wink:] I didn't mean to turn my head around, or to check her out, it just happened. This is crazy, lol.

This has never happened to me with anyone of any gender, until now...

2. Parsley

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Welcome to second puberty! :slight_smile:

Yes I definitely started doing this right after I got it through my head that I'm probably not straight. It's like my eyes developed a mind of their own! It has really calmed down since, and now I can control it. For about a month I stared at every pencil skirt that walked by. lol

This did leave me wondering if I actually did this before realize I'm probably gay and just didn't notice I was doing it as part of my denial OR if my denial had prevented me from doing it at all.

Oh and I never did this for any gender either until this happened.

3. Chloe

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't think I ever did much "checking out", but I had one memorable experience when I first came out. I realized I was a lesbian between semesters in my first year in college. The first semester, I had a job in the women's clinic as an assistant during pelvic exams. I was very professional about it. When I realized I was sexually interested in women and had to go back to work after the break, it was "OMG, I can't look!" It took me a while to adjust.

4. BudderMC

This basically sums up the whole question. :lol:

This behaviour will calm down after a while, don't worry. Just relish in it now and be sure to not check out someone who will beat your face in for doing so :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. prism

I'm usually pretty sneaky about it, but yeah. After telling my parents, I started to notice women notice me. I actually tried my hand at flirting with a girl last night who was blatantly flirting with me, but I was kind of awkward and nearly had a heart attack when she said "I knew you liked girls," which I think she said jokingly.

6. TwoMethod

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh, totally. There's this guy in my school who has an amazing ass, and as he walked down the corridor, I turned my head and my eyes quite obviously followed his ass as he walked. My friend pointed out how obvious it was.

7. JBWat

JBWat Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yep. I'm still trying to control that urge. I never leered at girls when I was in high school, but since I started college I've had to consciously control myself. Oddly enough, nobody seems to notice when I ogle guys, but if I stare in the general direction of a female for more than a few seconds, everybody's all like, "Hey, you're staring. Stahp!"

---------- Post added 9th Mar 2013 at 09:59 PM ----------

Silly me, that should read, "leered at guys in high school."

8. Maryam

Yep, i noticed myself checking out both guys and girls. if a gorgeous girl would walk by id turn around to look at her. At first i didnt really notice but then i realized i was doing it a lot

9. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh yeah, it's been the same for me! :rolle:

But it's more that I am now giving myself permission to do so. It seems so funny to me that before, I would notice guys in underwear ads (why are they always so buff!) next to women in underwear, and I remember always consciously looking at the girl ads (with a few casual glimpses at the guys) in case I was noticed - truly silly I know, but that is the power of self-imposed repression!

That's gone now :icon_bigg

10. TopherBoss

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have had a terrible time with it definitely soon after I came out and was comfortable. Now I've gotten a lot better I think for me it was like a freeing feeling now that I could look at a guy without worrying what my friends would think about me.

11. One time in gym class I was staring at a girl who was dancing to her friends ringtone.... I didn't stop until I realized she was staring right back at me.... not my best moment!
    But yeah, I do it in much less embarrassing ways all the time.

12. RedMage

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yep, especially on the bus or in crowded places where it would be hard to notice if someone was was admiring them. I remember one time this guy was getting off the bus and I was just staring, then he looked directly at me, and smirked. I was lucky he was getting off or else that would've been an awkward ride home.

13. Equalist

Equalist Guest

I "check out" guys and girls pretty evenly. I'm not even sure exactly what I'm looking at, I guess I just do it because I have always been rather observant.

14. leer

yep all the time after sports:slight_smile: it left me thinking am I going to get as big as him....

15. Selphie

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That's very spot on for where I'm at too.

I've always checked out girls, but done so very jokingly together with male friends, but recently I've become more aware of it and consequently more nervous about it.
    The other night I was out with a friend, one of the very few I've told that I like girls, and she pointed out a girl to me that she thought I'd find attractive. Because my friend knows me so well, I did think the girl was super cute and got all googly eyed and nervous. Whereas before I would just go "oh, she's hot" and move on.
    To add to the comedy we had been joined by a guy who was sort of hitting on me and he thought I we were talking about him. :eusa_doh:

16. Adarya

I've noticed I was a lesbian for almost a year and a half now, but this school year it's sort of hit me hard (since the person of my affection is no longer at my school). Unfortunately for me the whole "leggings as pants" and yoga pants fad has hit my school, and nearly half of the female student body is wearing them. Personally, I think they look horrible and it leaves nothing to the imagination. I've found myself staring at girl's butts while walking up the stairs, sometimes for way longer than I should be before I realize what I'm doing. Also, I've been checking more girls out as of lately, and even done the whole "Yah, she's pretty/gorgeous/hot" discussion with male friends, or even in the presence of female friends which have gotten me very odd looks (I'm not out yet).

---------- Post added 10th Mar 2013 at 12:25 PM ----------

That end sentence there sounds all too familiar for me. I've had guys hit on me or try to make a move on me, and I've always just said "I'm not interested" because I can't tell them I'm gay. Or when I'm hanging out or trying to become better friends with new guys they think the only reason I'm there is because I'm hitting on them :lol: It's been getting rather annoying.

17. Oh, yeah. I'm pretty terrible about it. Example: This beautiful girl was giving a speech in one of my classes, and when she stood up at the front of the class, my eyes looked her up and down THREE freakin' times before I realised what a perv I was being. I'm pretty sure she noticed too, because she gave me an odd look, that was like "What are you doing?" After that, I concentrated very hard on the wall behind her while she gave her presentation.

I've wondered that as well. I hope I haven't been ogling women like that without even realising it.

18. Naren

Lol I've had a few people ask me if I'm gay because I randomly check out guys.

19. SkyColours38

Yes. I definitely do this ALL the time! As a hormonal teenager, it's hard to keep my eyes off of anyone attractive, though since realising I was bi I've been enjoying my new-found freedom to check out the ladies. :grin:
    I'm mostly at an all-female school, but I take one class at the boys' school up the road, and our teacher must spend her whole day getting checked out (she's smoking hot and dresses well) - and not just by boys anymore!

20. Kay

Kay Guest

I never was good at hiding my interest. I still suck at it.