1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Since When Was Sexuality Based On Your Mood!???

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BrokenGuy, Mar 9, 2013.

1. BrokenGuy

BrokenGuy Guest

I've heard a lot of people say: "I like guys depending on my mood, and will have sex with them, or vice versa; I like girls, and I will have sex with them, which is purely dependant on my mood at the given time, also". I've even witnessed behaviour that was sexual and non-sexual; of people who don't have any sexual orientation, they claim; and just go with the flow of who they like, based exclusively on their mood.

I am expecting some comments, if I receive any on this Thread; where some might state that such people are Pansexual; but that's still identifying with a particular sexuality. These people don't identify or belong to any sexual orientation whatsoever, because their mood dictates who they want to like, or engage in anything further with that person. So, it's like another completely different ball game on it's own.

Has anyone else heard people say this, or seen this before; or are you even one of these types of people?

2. Theodora

I would say you probably just find it hard to understand because you're a 6. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Not everyone identifies so strongly (or at all) with one end of the scale or one orientation and labels can be especially limiting if you don't.

Why should a person have to 'identify' themselves as bi/pansexual though? It doesn't change anything. If what we like depends on the person and the mood, isn't that explanation enough of how it works without having to put ourselves in boxes? :lol:

3. Eatthechildren

Some people are just fluid.

I usually describe myself as a Kinsey three, but it's actually a lot more complex than that. Some days I just think girls are hot, some days I just think guys are. Right now I don't really care about gender, I just want to date someone who's Trans* too and will understand Dysphoria

4. FollowtheFreeman

I wouldn't say that sexuality changes with mood so much as it is a sort of mood. One week I can could be purely heterosexual with no homosexual thoughts whatsoever, the next month I could see myself as an asexual. Although, whatever sexuality I see myself the most in at a single time I still find myself romantically attracted to all genders and sexes. For the past month or two now I've really only been homoromantic.

It's really kind of hard to explain. The same way you have a hard time understanding sexual fluidity, I find homosexuality and heterosexuality difficult to comprehend.

5. Oddish

Oddish Guest

Sexuality fluidity.
    I don't really think it's mood, it's just.. fluid.
    I call myself a lesbian and I'm between Kinsey 4-5, but there's some guys I see that I'm just like, "Whoa, hello". But sometimes I can be a complete Kinsey 6, and not notice guys at all. But again, since I'm asexual, I don't really know how it works considering that I don't feel like doing anyone. Just depends on the pretty faces I notice, perhaps?

If "cutesexual" were a sexuality I'd take it, because I'm just attracted to cute people regardless of gender. Though I have a preference for ladies, but still.

6. Ianthe

I can understand being attracted to all different kinds of people, but what puzzles me is the idea that it changes.

I mean, there are times that my attraction to a particular person will fade, but it's usually because something changed in my relationship to the person or they acted in a way that turned me off or something.

I can't imagine finding someone physically attractive one day, and then not the next. My attraction to someone doesn't just change spontaneously without something causing it.

7. Harve

Yes, it can simply be based on what side of the bed you get up on the morning.

8. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

I'm like that. Who I am attracted to at any given time solely depends on my mood. I am a very fluid person

9. FJ Cruiser

So those who identify as having a fluid sexuality, how exactly do you maintain a relationship? It seems really unfair to the person you might be dating to have no attraction to them depending on which side of the bed you get up on. Does it suddenly become fixed the instant you get into a relationship?

10. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

It can be 'fixed' when youre in a relationship but it can also sway. Generally during the 'honeymoon phase' I am crazy about the person! But once that wears off I find myself swaying a bit. I suck at relationships though! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I'm too fluid!

But then again, I fall in love with the person, not the gender, so a long as I can continue to stay in love with the person, its all good

11. FollowtheFreeman

I don't know about everyone else, but romantically I would stay transfixed upon that person. Somedays I may not be attracted to that person sexually, but it's not like I'm going to go out and cheat.

12. BrokenGuy

BrokenGuy Guest

Quite possibly, yeah. :lol: I know that everyone is on different ends of the sexuality spectrum; that goes without saying; and no, I don't believe that every single individual who isn't heterosexual, must thereby automatically be labeled Gay, Bisexual, Pansexual, etc; but for some of us, having an identity is very important, and helps with our relationships, that we potentially may form in the future, and there are many other positive reasons, why we label ourselves, because we know exactly who we are, and what we want in life, and what our sexual orientation is. :slight_smile: I absolutely don't believe in pigeon holing people, in any way, shape, or form, and NEVER have I done that, or would do that. :slight_smile: And yeah...I guess in a way it is an explanation; but it's a somewhat vague one. :rolle:

---------- Post added 10th Mar 2013 at 08:33 PM ----------

Clearly, yeah. :slight_smile:

13. cassexy

cassexy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    sexuality is not based on moods but on your personality. it is permanent and does not change like moods

14. Eatthechildren

You can't speak for everyone.

15. BrokenGuy

BrokenGuy Guest

I fully appreciate that it would be hard to explain, and I believe it will be something that may never be fully explainable, for everyone to be able to logically comprehend. It comes down to respect for each other, and as long as that is existent, then we don't necessarily have to understand absolutely everything about how people as yourself, experience varying degrees of changes in your sexuality, and how people as myself, always maintain consistency in our innate sexual orientation.

---------- Post added 11th Mar 2013 at 12:24 AM ----------

Exactly! I completely second you, on all that you have written here!
    Yes, so true...and usually the cause would be, something related to them hurting you; perhaps physically, or if you had caught the person doing something outright degrading, etc. Reasons of a very valid nature, and not of reasons that are based on fickle grounds, like; "I am no longer physically attracted to you, because my mood today is; (assuming this person is female, for example) guy mood, and I am no longer attracted to you, because you have breasts, and I am in the mood for penis". :confused:

16. BrokenGuy

BrokenGuy Guest

VERY VALID POINTS, brought up in your post man; and I always pose these questions to those who claim they are sexually fluid. It's seems so superficial, that who you feel like having sex with, can all be determined by which side of the bed you wake up on! :confused: What you said about it "being really unfair to the other person you might be dating", is so, so true, and I don't think sexually fluid people, really care about how it affects the other person, that they may be dating.

---------- Post added 11th Mar 2013 at 01:13 AM ----------

So you could safely say, that you are in fact Pansexual ?? :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 11th Mar 2013 at 01:18 AM ----------

That's what my ex boyfriend would tell me...but he was cheating on me continually, through the entire course of our relationship. I am absolutely not putting you in the same category as him; but in my experience, when these particular statements are made...it either has already happened, has been happening for a while, or the person is planning on making something happen; namely, cheating. :icon_sad:

---------- Post added 11th Mar 2013 at 01:23 AM ----------

You would think so, yes! :slight_smile: That's exactly what I believe also! :slight_smile: However, there clearly are people, like who I mentioned at the outset of my Thread; that change their sexuality, based on their current mood for the day. :confused:

17. FollowtheFreeman

Well he just seems like a douche-bag; if I may be so bold to say. Cheating on someone is just such a despicable thing to do to another human being.

18. Clowstar

I would be cutesexual.

19. stuffiscool

stuffiscool Guest

I'm somewhat fluid. Maybe 60%-90% lesbian. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Well, I dunno if it's so much physiological fluidity in that sometimes I just want a change in eye candy. It's the same reason I redecorate my room every month; I get bored of the old and want something new to stare at. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

But it's different for a relationship. My sex drive ramps up and my attracted is fixed on that person.

I'd also like to add that people who are exclusively or almost exclusively monosexual can be in a relationship with someone of the gender they're not normally attracted to. Their sexual attraction to this person isn't any less 'valid'; it's just toward someone unexpected.

Also, if someone REALLY has a problem with fluidity and sticking to one partner, they could always be non-monogamous. They would just get a partner(s) who are also non-monogamous or at least would be okay with their sexual activities. However, this is true for all orientations, not just for bisexuals (used as an umbrella term).

As for why they don't choose a term to identify with, one reason could be because they don't always feel bisexual / pansexual / whatever. Sometimes I feel like a lesbian and sometimes I feel bisexual. Fluid is a label, though, actually. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: And there's also describing your orientation using a definition, such as "it depends". For example, to the couple friends I've come out to, I say I like people but I like more females. I like it because it describes my sexuality in a more complete way than saying I'm bisexual / pansexual / whatever.

---------- Post added 11th Mar 2013 at 10:49 AM ----------

Fickle grounds? If they can't choose their attraction, it IS valid.

It's fickle to you because you're completely homosexual. I could easily say that I think monosexuality is silly because you divide your attraction so rigidly based on gender. Why not be attracted to someone who's a perfect match for you in personality and lifestyle but happens not to be of the 'right' gender (rhetorical question)? I can't fully wrap my head around it myself because I am not monosexual, but I don't say it's silly because I know you didn't choose your attraction.

20. caadam

caadam Guest

Well, according to the Kinsey Scale, there are some people whose sexuality is a continuum,
    meaning it shifts as time goes on. This may take days, weeks, months, or years. It
    really depends on the person and circumstances.

It's totally natural for lots of people to have fluid sexualities. Not everyone has an established
    orientation, and I don't think it should be held against them. It's just a part of being human.

My sexuality has changed over the years, but right now, I know what I like and am pretty
    established with what I like. But perhaps for some people, they just go with the flow. I don't
    think those people—or at least most of them—are so carefree and indecisive that they can't
    maintain a relationship; I give the benefit of the doubt that when one is in love, no matter
    how their sexuality is, one can stay committed to that love (lest that love is just an
    infatuation). I don't think it's fair to say if one's sexuality is fluid, one must not be able to
    have a long-lasting relationship, or to insinuate so.