1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Love Being Queer!!!!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kay, Mar 9, 2013.

1. Kay

Kay Guest

When I was young it was not the safest place to be if you were LGBTQ. I still never denied that I loved and embraced who I was. For legal reasons and job issues there were times when I would have to roll up the Rainbow Flag but I never rolled up the flag on me being who I am. I am Queer, Lesbian, Dyke,Carpet Muncher, LGBTQ and I am proud of it. I am proud of being me and since I am gay I am proud of that. Since 1970 I have walked in Pride Parades and seen the numbers of spectators balloon from a few thousand who like to spit to numbers approaching a million.
    I have seen the acceptance level in the nation and world reach the highest numbers ever. TV is filled with LGBTQ characters. Movies the same. I can think of no time better to be LGBTQ and would not trade if I could. If I woke up and found out I was straight I would be running everywhere looking for the pill to change me back. Why would I want to be straight? Yikes that is no fun.
    When I look in the mirror I do not see some person I am ashamed of I see someone who is at the top of her game and filled with life. I get down when LGBTQ people say oh I hate being gay. I get down because they can't change that and it is best to accept self or wallow in despair. It is part of who we are and what makes us special. How many straight people can say they are gay 24/7365? I can and gay does mean happy. I think if instead of disliking who we are if we all embraced it the world and we would be better off. If we want to be seen as normal (which we are) we have to see ourselves as normal and fully accept it. If we approach coming out like it is some black mass in which we are the sacrifice how will others see who we are.
    They will see us as some down negative hurting individual who maybe needs to stop hating them self before others can and will love them.
    Thoughts opinions Hugs (!) :kiss:(*hug*):kiss:

2. Polaroid1996

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I commend your exceptional pride, you are an inspiration!!

3. BudderMC

I'd absolutely love to be in the same mindset you're in Kay. I don't think I'm quite that excited to be gay... I don't even know if I'm happy to be gay, but I'm at a point where I'm content with it.

I do agree that I can't think of any time better than now to be LGBTQ-.

I'll just hope that one day I hit the same level you're at. :slight_smile:

4. disparaître

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    high five, same here!

5. Kay

Kay Guest

Thank you love hugs dear. If we all wore our pride we would be so much the better. Hugs and lots of love

6. I wouldn't say proud just as I wouldn't say Im proud to be straight I just...am. Still with that said I don't think if I had the option to switch orientations I would either...so take that for what it's worth.

7. 461 467

A beautiful post! I love it!

8. newgirl31

YAY Kay! This is awesome! I love that I am gay as well!

I feel like if I look in the mirror, I see myself now. I am not at the point where I am completely "living out" but I am out to me and most of my closest friends and it is incredible just knowing who I am!

:eusa_clap:eusa_danc:eusa_clap

9. Kay

Kay Guest

Someday will get here. You never can tell when but look out when it does. Hugs

---------- Post added 9th Mar 2013 at 01:33 PM ----------

Hugs dear and thanks so much for sharing. smooch

---------- Post added 9th Mar 2013 at 01:58 PM ----------

i think being proud of being who you are no matter the orientation is important. This is true but when I hear some say they want to be other than what they are it is tough as we have come so far in just a short time. Hugs

10. newgirl31

The way I look at it...to say I hate being gay is like saying I hate being female...or saying I hate being the ethnicity I am.

If I let "society" dictate, then I would hate being anything but a white, hetero guy. And those guys are all in fear 24/7 anyhow...and they don't even know why and what they really fear.

11. Oddish

Oddish Guest

Years and years of built up shame and hatred towards myself have slowly deteriorated from me, and I'm finally comfortable to admit that yeah, I like chicks. Chicks are cool, man. I have to admit being gay is kinda neat.
    Same with asexual, though I don't hold much pride towards the latter as much as I do the former, but I'm working on it.

12. Kay

Kay Guest

Thank you dear I say what is on my mind. Hugs and love

---------- Post added 9th Mar 2013 at 02:43 PM ----------

I think it is awesome being queer. I am so glad you are comfortable with yourself and loving who you are. When you are accepting of the person you are no matter what that is much of life improves. If I were to be coming out today and had a look on my face of doom and gloom how would I expect those who i am coming out to to be other.
    Our attitude sets the tone for others. You have the correct approach be positive and others will be as well. Hugs sweetie.

13. Kay

Kay Guest

This is so true. I love being a woman and queer and who i am. Thanks angel for sharing

---------- Post added 9th Mar 2013 at 03:19 PM ----------

I think you are really awesome in the way you face your life. More people need to just bite the bullet and say I am queer and I am loving it. If everyone did maybe we could all find dates and really be happy. Hugs (!!) (!) (!!) (!) (!!) (!):thumbsup: Yeah being LGBTQ is awesome.

14. Caliber

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree, be who you want and embrace it.I'm glad that I'm gay the idea of a (urgh....) penis makes me shudder, and plus girls make me so much happier than men,i wouldn't know much about being with a guy as they make me uncomfortable

15. plasticcrows

plasticcrows Guest

You love it? Interesting. I hate that a demographic I belong to has almost become synonymous with a bullshit neo-liberal agenda that imposes itself upon society by forming organizations that suck up to media outlets, consumer goods companies, and politicians and call into question the morality, humanity, and intelligence of all who dare to voice an opposing opinion. Don't support gay rights? You're a monster. Gay couples on tv make you uncomfortable? You're uneducated. Don't think gays should get married? You're ignorant. You're gay and you dislike the LGBT movement? You're just confused due to internalized homophobia.

Bigot: one who is obstinately convinced of the superiority or correctness of his or her own opinions and prejudiced against those who hold different opinions.

#15 plasticcrows, Mar 9, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2013
  16. Kay

Kay Guest

Thanks honey. Since you feel that way about straight guys it is lucky you are lesbian. Hugs sweetheart hehehe

17. Clowstar

i hope i'm as awesome as you are in 40 years.

hopefully in 40 years we won't still be trying to get equal rights. including our trans brothers and sisters.

one day, we can let our rainbow flags fly all over the place and never have to worry about a thing!

18. Kay

Kay Guest

Yeah i love who I am? Do you?? Bigot on I am not I think people should aspire to be proud of who they are not not ashamed of it. I think the world would be better off seeing all of us as humans and not putting so much on any orientation. It would be nice if we could all be looked at the same way and one group not lord it over another.
    If someone has a problem with gays I have no problem. When a gay has a problem with being gay is another matter. Seeing self and accepting self for who you are is what is very important. The pendulum has swung very far against us and needs to swing back before it will fall in the center.
    So no bigot here. If you would like to call me one call it don't try and hide that as well as some would hide being queer. To many years were spent in trying to give the community pride. But yes i will always stand on the side of anyone who wants to feel pide in self no matter who they are. Hugs and love

---------- Post added 9th Mar 2013 at 03:57 PM ----------

Thank you love, Hopefully in 40 years we all just be able to be who we are with no one caring what that might be. The bold is what it is all about. It would be so great if no one had to come out and face anything but a wonderful attitude or not even have to come out at all because what a person is should not matter. The humanity should be the most important piece.

19. worriedWardrobe

While I hate the word queer, the message here is great. Reading this made my day just that much better

20. Kay

Kay Guest

Yes i know a lot of people dislike the word queer. It is how i have identified all my life. It was the first word I learned for who I am. Hugs dear.