1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the westboro baptist church?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Polaroid1996, Mar 9, 2013.

1. Polaroid1996

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I personally have the deepest hatred for these people (too keep it simple. I could rant on for ages about them)

But I would like to hear some of your opinions about them, If you are not familiar with their work YouTube has meany videos about them.

2. BudderMC

Sums up my thoughts on the matter. I do understand how they're absolutely illogical, but I don't understand what good hating them does.

3. Ianthe

I am grateful to them for making is so undesirable to be on their side. Who want's to agree with such total psychos?

I worry about all those kids though. At least one of them has to be gay.

4. FJ Cruiser

It's a "church" comprised of a lunatic and his descendants, less than 40 people according to all the estimates I've seen. There is literally no one I know that has any respect for them, and the public keeps up with them as part of the whole train-wreck-reality-TV craze. There's no need to feel hate for them. They're literally one of the main laughing stocks of the world, and they're actually helping our cause.

5. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

HATE them! Absolutely HATE them!!

6. timo

7. starfish

Sometimes I wonder if they are just a long running 4chan joke.

8. Munyal

I hate their ideals, but they do cause people to hate them, which in turn causes those who hate them into somewhat pro-LGBT. They are actually helping by being so radical(and stupid.)

9. Chickenlover

...trees and rocks and rocks and trees and WATER!
    They're absolutely insane. I hate the things they have done, but I feel pity for them themselves. I wonder what it is like to be so brainwashed, so completely, utterly consumed with hatred of your fellow humans.

10. Theodora

This! I'm not a passive person. :dry:

11. SkyDiver

Honestly, I love them. I find them hilarious. They are of no threat to anyone at all.

Plus, I doubt that any group has done more than they have to expose and push forward the LGBT rights movement.

But I do feel deeply sorry for the kids. I wish they didn't involve them.

12. Harve

Agreed. There's no need to hate back; they're harmless.

13. Fiddledeedee

I find it hard to take them seriously; on the one hand, their message is awful, but on the other, it's just so over-the-top.

Oh, and this is the best counter-protest; it's completely polite and productive.

Indeed.

14. Hiems

^ There was another counter-protest against WBC at Vassar College where they raised so much money for The Trevor Project. It makes me laugh that the group actually helped out the LGBT community in a big way in this instance :slight_smile:

I think that WBC will die out eventually, especially due to the fact that several members have left after realizing that all the church does is spew vitriol ad nauseum. Even one of their former members posed for the No H8 campaign. I applaud these people for being courageous enough to leave the church and for being apologetic for their involvement within WBC.

15. plasticcrows

plasticcrows Guest

I don't care about them or anything they do. They're simply (brilliant) trolls operating offline. Don't feed them.

16. Oddish

Oddish Guest

That's the best way to describe them.

17. Rainbow Music

I actually admire them, because this is America, and everybody does have the freedom of speech. And they are not afraid to speak their mind. Plus it is also HILARIOUS to know that they think that God hates fags. If that is true, then the Bible is all a lie, because according to the Bible, God does not hate anybody, he LOVES EVERYBODY. Therefore, their argument is invalid.

18. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest

19. aeva

I don't think anybody except their actual members agree with anything that they do.

Their hatred is not just directed at the LGBT community. They are psychotic, and I have yet to meet a single person who doesn't see that.

20. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Their position is that the United States is doomed with God's wrath irrevocably coming down because gay sex is not a capital offense. What that means is they want to kill us. And not just in the "I'm going to your house and shooting you" kind of a way. In the put you on trial, lock you in prison and eventually strap you down to the lethal injection table kind of a way.

They are demicidal. They are fascists.

And in adopting that position, they have completely surrendered their humanity and rendered themselves exceptions to all human rights.