1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Skinny 'girls?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by LoveMusicPoetry, Mar 10, 2013.

1. LoveMusicPoetry

How do you, people who are into girls especially, feel about girls who make themselves look really skinny? It's supposed to be the ultimate symbol of sexual attractiveness to men if you're very skinny. Personally I hate to see a really skinny girl, I think we look better with a bit of covering on our bones. I'm not talking really fat, or not to an unhealthy degree at least, but with a bit of meat on. I like a girl to have feminine curves. If I wanted bits sticking out I'd go for a man.Also there's just something about thin spindley legs that I can't stand. A woman's body is beautiful, it has a beautiful shape, why make it look all angular and harsh?

#1 LoveMusicPoetry, Mar 10, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2013
  2. LEZmis4

LEZmis4 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Oh...this is a tricky question. I have such body image issues...I see a super skinny girl and I immediately hate her...then I go to what a giant slob I am and how her life is clearly much better than mine because of her weight. It's a mess. I hate them and envy them at the same time. I couldn't ever be with a super skinny girl...or, even a relatively skinny girl, because I'd hate myself and be thinking how awful ugly I am the while time...and that she doesn't really want to be near me so...yeah...this doesn't answer your question, does it? Sorry...this kind of topic brings out my massive body image crap...

3. Ridiculous

Some people like thinner girls and some girls like to be thinner than average for their own reasons. Some girls are naturally thinner and can't do anything about it. As long as they are healthy and aren't doing it solely because of societal pressure then I don't see why they should be judged or seen as shallow - I don't like how thin girls are often seen as acceptable targets by people who claim to be promoting body positiveness.

I'm not trying to target you specifically, but do you think it's okay to say "I hate to see a really fat girl"? I don't think so, so I don't see why saying you hate seeing skinny girls is acceptable.

4. Eatthechildren

I want to be skinny because I think I'd be perfect then. But it's also because I want to look androgynous (I would kill for those spindly legs you hate so much) so idk...

5. Gipsy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This right here. Nobody has a perfect body, honestly. It could be many reasons why they are the way they are. You could even point at obesity too, not just skinny girls. Hell I think there's more fat than there is skinny in the US, but just not as much as before. Yes the women body is beautiful, but you won't expect the whole world to look like that image.

6. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My girlfriend is small and slender, and I think she's gorgeous. I'm more often attracted to curvier girls, but I have no problem whatsoever with naturally thin girls.

7. Gipsy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I understand the androgynous part. :lol:

8. therunawaybff

I've never been physically attracted to super-skinny girls, but it's not totally just a body type preference. It's that most of the super-skinny girls I've known have had serious self esteem issues, and it's a major turn-off for me.

As far as women goes, this is the body type I find more physically attractive and in the past is the type of girl I was more likely to sleep with:

[​IMG]

9. LoveMusicPoetry

These are great points and I take them entirely. I think I was getting more at the societal pressure, the desire to be as thin as you can to be attractive to men. Most models are thin and tall, with the typical long legs. We can't all look like that, so why promote it as the body beautiful? I could starve myself skinny but I'll always be 5 foot 3. Being size 0 or whatever they call it isn't even particularly healthy for most people. Some people are naturally thin and some people are not. What I don't like is to see girls dieting and starving themselves to achieve this super-skinny, super model image because it's not realistic for most women.

10. ccdd

ccdd Guest

I don't mind what shape a girl is - if she's skinny, she's skinny; if she's not, she's not. I do have a slight preference for curvy or slightly overweight (overweight's not the right word really) - not very overweight or obese, but not really slim. But the most important thing is to be able to have a conversation with a woman!

I do think though that women who are naturally skinny look better than women who aren't naturally skinny but who are skinny because they starve themselves, if you see what I mean.

I'm not skinny and would basically have to starve myself to look skinny - it would not be a good look! But someone else my height might naturally be skinny - then I think it would be a good look!

---------- Post added 10th Mar 2013 at 05:30 AM ----------

To be honest, I've felt pressure to be slim (or slimmer), but never pressure to be skinny.

11. aeva

I agree with most of the others. I would consider myself a little below average for my height. I'm not "skinny", but I'm definitely not overweight either. I'm a totally symmetrical hourglass, so I'm curvy. It takes no effort to maintain my current body weight .

I'm usually attracted to girls that are about the same as me or skinnier. I've been with a few larger girls before, but the majority of people I'm attracted to/have dated are generally athletic.

12. birdy

Body-wise I think that the most important thing is health. I find a healthy weight and body image to be attractive. I do think that it's important to realize that people have a natural body type, so though one girl may be very skinny and another chubby, they can be equally healthy.

Most importantly: anyone's body will be beautiful to someone who loves them! Let's not start hating on people's appearances.

13. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Personally, I think that all girls are beautiful, regardless of their weight. That being said, there is a point where you can be unhealthily overweight, or underweight, and both cases can be life-threatening in extreme situations. I like a girl who takes care of herself. So regardless of if you're skinny or big, if it's a healthy weight for you, and you're staying active, then you're doing great. :kiss:

A note: while in most cases crazy skinniness, or bones sticking out or whatever, can be a sign of an eating disorder, some girls are just naturally skinny. I don't really think it's fair to say they need to get meat on their bones if that's just how they are. I understand that you have preferences, but I don't really think it's fair to suggest that they can't be beautiful if their bodies are "angular and harsh" or if they have spindley legs. :icon_redf

14. BudderMC

From a psychological standpoint, women with a waist-to-hip ratio of 0.7 are supposed to be the most attractive (on average), regardless of body fat %.

15. This is a difficult question for me, because logically I agree with you and know that there's something wrong with wanting to be unhealthily skinny. However, this doesn't stop me despairing every time I think about myself in comparison with a really skinny person or stop me hating myself after I finish a packet of crisps.
    But I do agree that the best looking girls I know are the ones who aren't overweight, but curvy.

16. PurpleRain

Skyrim... I have no life, and enjoy it. :D
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't want to be super skinny like some people, and I don't find that skinny look really attractive either, though I base the people I date more around personality more than appearance. As far as what I find attractive, I agree with runaway, and as far as where I like to be I like to be a little bit thinner than that but not by much mostly just in the arms, and that's because living as a guy I've always been larger...

17. Oddish

Oddish Guest

I really don't want to say anything negative regarding girls with a smaller frame, since some of my friends are skinnier girls and are tossed the, "Are you anorexic?" question on a nearby daily basis. But I don't really care what a chick's weight is. I'm moreso attracted to curvier bodies, but my girlfriend is pretty slim, and I think she's gorgeous. I really don't mind a person's weight when it comes to attraction just as long as they're not obese, and they're healthy about it.

I'm on the slightly overweight side, always have been for the most part. But I have an hourglass figure so it all balances out nicely.. I'm just pretty curvy is all. Much like the picture a few posts above, only slightly slimmer.

Yep, same.

18. Tazzy

*looks at her "love handles" sighs and walks away from convo* lol

19. Eatthechildren

Skinny girls are beautiful
    "Average" girls are beautiful
    Curvy girls are beautiful
    Girls who'd rather be called "fat" are beautiful
    Girls are beautiful
    That is all.

20. tulman

You'll notice that the older you get the less important this becomes. And women fret about this more than guys. Give me someone I can relate to on a physical, emotional, cultural etc level and I couldn't care less if they're a few, or even several, pounds under or overweight as long as they're well groomed and their weight is not so extreme as to be dangerously unhealthy.