1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So Angry!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Latinokid, Mar 22, 2008.

1. Latinokid

Latinokid Guest

Words right now cannot describe the anger I have right now the sadness that is built deep in me and the...rage over what people are doing to animals all over the world. I will provide links in this at the end and my blog page will have a picture of what the cruelty of people have cause. Today I stumbled across a youtube video showcasing the cruelty poachers do to animals and skin them while still alive. There is also another video on youtube where a Marine hurls a puppy off a cliff and laughs. People leave comments like "good job man hilarious!" "ROFL!" this is not funny. Animals have a right to live as much as we do they may not be able to communicate with us but they do feel and they have souls. So after that skinning alive video I went to peta.org and then I saw some videos of how the employees of PetSmart treat their "loveable furry friends" they portray a image of the loving pet store that helps your animals but behind doors they are heartless merciless murderers. Killing animals and giving them medical procedures which they don't know how to do and not having a veterinary experience. The videos are worth more than I could ever say. Please try to do something to change the way people treat animals which are branded as just merchandise with no life rights and are treated like sh!t.

Here is the link of the skinning of a live dog...sensative people beware. [REMOVED]

Here is a link Petsmart cuelty. http://www.petsmartcruelty.com/more_ways_to_help.asp

Here is a link to see whcih companies do and don't use animals. http://caringconsumer.com/resources_companies.asp

#1 Latinokid, Mar 22, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2008
  2. Psychedelic Bookmarks

Latinokid, what a worthy cause; cruelty to animals is unjustifiable. I sent a letter from the Petsmart page. Well done for highlighting this and good luck with any further action. I would do more, but there are just so many areas of the world which need change - you can't do all of them. But good luck! :slight_smile:

3. Nicknikko

Omg this is ridiculous! How inhumane and horrible this is!! ughhh Omg i just can't believe things like this are still happening in 21 century!

This is just wrong and ridiculous.. ugh I couldn't even see the whole first video! omg that's just ughh

I just don't have words to describe my anger right now, and my frustration! ugh

4. Ty

Ty Guest

As bad as this is, I think the main focus should be on HUMANS! =/ its very sad to see the puppy skinned, but humans starve and die every day.

Seems a bit... [insert appropriate word here] to forget about what happens to humans.
    [YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=Z0KWYMbV3M0[/YOUTUBE]

Even in the UK children's rights are still abused.
    Just worth mentioning.

5. Latinokid

Latinokid Guest

Humans can help themselves humans are able to do so much but animals on the other hand cannot they can't defend themselves from us they way we can.

6. HalfInsane

It seems you can never come across an argument concerning animal abuse, etc without the point of human rights coming up. And a lot of people do tend to be quite sensitive to it (I am myself, it makes me sick) but animals are pretty defenseless, and that tends to get to a person more than if, say, an adult is in some way harmed. This goes for young children, too, as they, like animals, are generally quite defenseless.

Now, as for the "What about people?" thing I don't see why that should come up so much. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that we should ignore human rights issues, etc in favour of animal ones... I just don't see why there's this constant feeling of "It's one or the other". There's no reason why action can't be taken against both. And hey, maybe some people are more interested in trying to help human right's causes; good for them! There might be others who'd rather help animals which is also fine. At least they're doing something.

Just my two cents.

7. EthanS

EthanS Guest

:icon_sad: thtas just digusting they could at least killed them before skinning them :tears: the dog that was moving after being skinned looked...:icon_sad:

8. GunStarre

GunStarre Guest

I didn't even dare myself to watch the rest. That's just so cruel!

9. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I removed the YouTube link in the first post as it is flagged by YouTube as being for 18+ only (due to the content). I think the description is enough, anyway.

Please do not post links to sites, videos or images intended for people aged 18+ (regardless of the reason for the rating).

10. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

11. STK

STK Guest

Manimal cruelty is just barbaric to the max.

12. Psychedelic Bookmarks

Paul, if you say that and provide no substantiation you will simply put unfounded doubts in our minds. Please explain why you believe this or we'll all be left in the dark...

13. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Those of us who have seen several of PETA's previous campaigns will have seen the same over-exaggerated claims, the same staged videos and photos, and the same approach of totally trashing a company or whatever.

PETA use shock tactics to get attention. For example by exposing one absolute extreme example, exaggerating it, not giving the whole story, adding whatever gross videos and photos they can find whether or not related, and claiming it is the normal situation. Yes, there may be a problem there, but it is unlikely to be to the extent that they claim.

If I see PETA mentioned, and there is no information included from unrelated sources to verify the information, I don't take it seriously. If another animal rights charity (such as the RSPCA in the UK) or news report (that wasn't just a PETA copy/paste) confirmed the story I would be more likely to believe it.

14. Jerr

I do hunt. (even if it is once a year) and I fully support hunting...

But that is wrong... I'm not for cruelty towards animals at all...

15. Beebo

havent seen the videos, and I will post before I do, and I think, before viewing them, I agree with paul, many of these places use shock tactics to get peoples attention... not just animal abuse charities...

16. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think i know the video you're talking about. It's horrible and makes me see just how idiotic humans can be. Most animals kill to survive, yet we're stupid and think it's fun to do stuff like this for pleasure. I say most because i am sure there is another species that kills for pleasure to, but i can't remember what it is.

It is videos like that that make me wonder how the hell we are one of the most advanced species on earth.

17. jroakwood

hah, well ive already talked with you carlos about this.
    and you know how i feel.
    i completely agree with paul about PETA.

you wanna talk about what you think they SHOULD test products on carlos?
    see if any EC'ers agree with you on that one?