1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Writers Here?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Half-Light, Nov 26, 2006.

1. Half-Light

I was just wondering if there is any writers in this forum...I love writing stories and stuff...I am actually in the process of writing a series of stories and I am entering one in a contest that I wrote for last year...
    So if there are any writers or you are interested in asking any questions about my writings feel free to ask...
    Not many people support me in anything I write or do as a matter of fact so just thought I would bring it up..lol...

2. tired_of_lying411

Im not much of a writer, but I do have some passions. It's good to have a hobby that you feel strongly about.

:slight_smile:

3. LorenzG1950

Welcome Half-Light,

I will finally confess that I am an avid writer and even earn my living that way (photo-journalist). It's one of the most rewarding skills when you can knock down an opponent with a few sentences :eusa_danc .

4. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

That could be an interesting idea for a future talent contest. Write 800-1000 words on whatever subject we come up with.... :wink:

5. Half-Light

I write fantasy stories but coming from a christian background they have a lot of christian views and stuff in them...I don't address the whole gay issue but my stories about the Garden of Eden and where it is located today...I think it is really cool...but since no one where I live wants to here about stuff like that, no one ever gets interested...but everyone can enjoy my stories because all the christian stuff is hidden...I don't use the words "The Garden of Eden", I don't address God...even though there is a divine creature that lives in Ciel (heaven)...there is no mention of the bible...so I hope one day ppl will come to like what I write...I woukd love to get published...last year I actually won that contest and got a $200 dollar prize for my story...lol...so I think I am on the write path...

6. GuitarGirl1350

I write too much.
    Mostly poetry.
    It's an addiction, a passion, and a love.

7. FireIce_YinYang

I write lyrics, stories, and poems, can i help you with yours, please?

8. Half-Light

sure...lol...I just entered a story in a contest last week...its a pretty major competition in PA here and if I were to get my story to nationals, I could get a scholarship or something like that.I let my 8th grade English teacher read it the other and she cried...lol...she was like "there was one line in here that gripped my soul"...she loves my writing and she said she wished she had me again this year because none of her students this year are writers...but anyways this story is about a fallen angel basically starting a new revalation by killing humans and departing from Natias (satan) and he is what starts the whole vampire thing...maybe I will post it up for you all to read...I don't think it is all too great, but some people who have read it say they like it...it also has a mention of the Great Flood and Noah's Ark when the fallen angels started creating Nephilim among humans and then they were wiped out when the flood came...so yeah...lol...

9. tired_of_lying411

whoa... you sound very complex!

your story sounds interesting... good luck!

10. Fox

Fox

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah I'm a writer (albeit one in training). I'm a super english nerd, and half wrote a book 5 weeks before my final school exams to relieve some stress. Wana study journalism maybe at Uni, but it's good to see so many young people interested in writing!

11. Half-Light

I got serious into writing when my parents split up..it was the only way to get my mind off things...I could just slip away into a world no one else knew and I could do anything I wanted...writing is my outlet...at one time I didn't want to write anymore because when I won my first contest, all the kids at school made jokes about me and if I ever said anything to anyone they would tell me to "go write a book about it"...but I am past that now...I do hope to get my work published some day cuz most of my stories are filled up journals and could be turned into books...but I guess I will see how it goes when I enter stuff into more contests...

12. LorenzG1950

Hi Half-Light,

Writing and other communication skills are about the most important thing you'll need throughout your life. Any idiots that would make fun of you for your writing skills will probably have to hire someone to write their resume, a simple letter, or a speech if they ever have to give one.

And writing is indeed a great way to vent frustration or help you get through troubled times. In my job I get to write speeches for all kinds of VIP's. It's really fun to hear them speak the words that I wrote, even when the audience doesn't know it. Later, 300,000 people see parts of the speech in the newspaper and you know that it was your product. That's a nice feeling!

If there are subjects you really like to write about, why not send them to magazines for consideration?

And I agree with Paul about a future writing contest. We could have separate categories for stories, poetry, song lyrics, humor...:icon_bigg

13. Half-Light

Yeah a contest sounds like a good idea..that could be fun...but what do we win?...do we all agree on who has the best writing?...but yeah, writing I think is an awesome way to get out how you feeland how to get out your opinion...

14. Half-Light

Well last week I finished handwriting my first book. I had started writing it in 7th grade a year after my parents seperated. Now I have to type it up and stuff and hopefully try to get it published. After that I hope to get all my other ideas into books, which I am pretty sure I will do.

15. Will1975

Will1975 Guest

That is absolutley awesome that you would have a book written.. Do you have any leads for publishing? Good Luck. What is your book about?

Good Luck...

16. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a writer as well. I'm currently writing a fantasy novel and three erotic stories (yeah laugh at me). The stories (part of them at least) are available in a more appropriate forum.

Unlike you, I've ever written on the computer. It's easier and faster, at least for me. I very seldom write on actual notebooks.

My novel also centers in the God subject, but supposing that everything is a huge lie. You can guess that I'm not religious...

By the way, this is my first post here.

17. Half-Light

I dont have any leads for publishing. My book is about a kid who has just had his parents split up and is dealing with all the normal body changes of a teenager, but is given the gift to become an animal at will. All this culminates in him having to leave his hometown and runaway, while a war is starting again in the untited states. The book is called Runaway Tiger...and i really hope i can get it published. I have had my cousin read it and a couple other friends and they both think it is awesome...so yeah i hope luck is on my side...

18. tinkerbell

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I've been writing ever since I was nine. I've gotten rejected thirteen or so times in a row, given up, written more, started over again, given up, actually destroyed some manuscripts, given up, started over again....I am a writer.

19. Half-Light

I really hope I can get somewhere with what I write. If I dont I'll get over it.

20. verity

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Not meaning to take a morbid viewpoint on this, but many writers aren't truely recognised for their genius until years after their death. If you're serious about your artform you should do it for the love of writing, not for material gain, or the validation of others.

I just love to try :slight_smile: