1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The definition of me - a piece of writing I wrote

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by RainDreamer, Mar 11, 2013.

1. RainDreamer

Here is something I wrote. Not sure what to call it. It sounds like a spoken word poem when read aloud, but looks more similar to a prose. So I call it a "piece of writing".

In any case, here it is:
    How did you feel after reading? Especially my fellow transpeople. I want to tell about the things a transperson have to go through, but I don't want to make it into a sob story. I just want people to know about us and stop pretending we are not here, and that we are not human being deserve more than what we have to deal with now.

2. Naren

That was very very good. I feel it describes me almost perfectly.
    On a side note, I never realized I was this big of a grammar nazi until your errors drove me crazy D:

3. RainDreamer

Well, that is what happened when a brain that is accustomed to a language for like 10+ years without tenses have to write in one that does. x-x
    Been trying to improve the last few years, but I seems to never able to get rid of those errors.
    Will keep on trying though, like everything else.

4. Naren

Yeah you go! What language?

5. Aielar

Very awesome and eloquent piece of writing - it has given me a new perspective (since I'm not transgender) on what it means to be transgender and how the world responds to that...so thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

6. RainDreamer

Vietnamese. It doesn't have any tenses, just modifier words that gives information about the point of time being referred to, or possession and such.