1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Age preferences - what is yours?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Akatosh, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Akatosh

I was thinking about doing a poll, but a single poll would not cover everyone's age. So, I'll start.

When I was 18, 21 was my ceiling, and as I grew older my range widened. Now, at 27, my preference is 22-32, so +/- 5 years.

What made me curious about this, is I have a crush on someone who is 23, and I don't know if I should approach him because I feel like he may view me as 'old'. I've always looked about 2 years younger than my age, and am decently attractive.

Anyways, what is your age preference range? How has this changed as you've aged?

2. Gen

Gen

I definitely believe you should atleast approach him. 23 to 27 is definitely a reasonable difference. Both of you would be at similar stages in life.

My age preference has essentially always been whatever my current age is through 2 years older.

However, that is just a "Perfect World Preference". In reality, if I met a guy who was a little older than that, then I probably wouldnt think twice as long as he isnt noticeably older.(Over 5 years is pushing it for me.) Naturally, I dont usually find myself attracted to men younger than me. I dont suddenly assume them to be less mature of anything, it just doesnt happen...

3. Kidd

Kidd Guest

I'd go 5 years or so older, but not much more than that, and I absolutely would not date anyone under 20, unless there was some major reason to make an exception. The youngest I dated was 18. The oldest was 26. In my experience...younger guys are just way more immature, emotionally. I don't mind dating guys younger than me, but I don't like it either. I'd prefer to be with someone older than me. It's always been that way.

4. Crystal's Vaporeon

My ex was about 4 years older.
    I'm 15 which makes it hard to date anyone with a 3 or more years difference seems 'bad'. But personally I don't see anything wrong dating someone that is 4 years older, even though legally I believe it is illegal, its not THAT much difference. Though I'm a little more hesitant going under, maybe a year or 2 younger?

5. FemCasanova

I am 26, and I prefer to date in the range 24-30. They can be up to 5 years older than me, but not more than 2 years younger. Then they`re my sisters age, and that`s weird to me. But if they are too much older, then they`ll be in somewhat different stage in life, compared to me, so that wouldn`t work out well either.

6. Hypnotico

Hypnotico Guest

I'm 22 and I prefer 25-35, I find most guys my age too immature and that they don't know what they want, I like older men but someone in his 40s might not be realistic long-term but if I find an amazing guy who happens to be in his 40s, I'm game :slight_smile:

7. Ridiculous

I'm 21 and my hypothetical range is about 19 to 25. I don't really want to go outside of that. I wouldn't immediately deny someone older than 25 but I would be very reluctant; on the other hand I would immediately deny someone 18 or younger. My absolute ideal partner age would be 21: the same as me.

However another thing that I'm pretty certain I want is that they have to be finished with their education - I'm very much over that stage of life and having my partner still in it wouldn't be ideal for me. Maybe if they were close to finishing, or it was part-time, but otherwise I don't want to have to deal with that sort of thing any more.

8. PinkFluff

I want between 15-19. I hate hairy men. :yuck:

9. cassexy

cassexy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    well i do not have any age preference, i do not go with people who are 5 years above my age, below my age i go with all particularly above age 30

10. Harve

We've had this thread before... basically a majority of people, guys or girls, are happy to date someone a fair bit older but aren't happy with someone considerably younger. That could be a stigma thing, idk.

11. leer

I do like older guys say 30+ but I wouldn't turn down a younger guy like 16+ if they were hot .

12. Akatosh

"There is nothing new except what has been forgotten."

-Marie Antoinette

13. tulman

Someone around my own age. The younger ones understandably get bored and don't hang around very long. There aren't that many older ones left anymore. :roflmao:

14. Sinopaa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    After my past experiences I'm shooting for a mature 30+ from now on. I am to the point in my life that I want stability; not an emotional teen style romance. I've had my fill of "I'm sorry, but I need to discover myself!" and "You're so nice that we can't be together!" style of logic/lack-of-logic. That and I simply do not have the energy to keep up with the younger crowd anymore. :confused:

15. RedMage

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'd say from my age to at most 10 years older. Anymore than 10 years difference would have to be an exception. I don't feel comfortable dating someone younger than me, since it's weird for me and I feel old enough as is. :lol:

16. Madeleine

I LOVE men in their 40's

17. Yosuuke

Hmm.. My age preference is from around 19 to 26. :slight_smile:

18. Mogget

My ideal is between 20 and 26. Roughly three years in both directions. My hard limit is between 19 and 32 using the famous "divide by 2 and add 7" rule.

19. Brenny

Well I am turning 22 in a few weeks. The guy I am with is 18 and a freshman in college.... I thought he was my age when we started dating. Oops. He even had the nerve to call me a daddy! Normally I prefer 20-30. Even then early 30's is not a big deal to me.

20. Kay

Kay Guest

My preference would be to be younger but that won't happen so I live with it. Oh you mean in a partner is really doesn't matter. If we have things in common and a heart for each other the age doesn't matter.My partner is the same age as I am . It works but so do other ages. Hugs and love