1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fear of anal sex. Not fear fear but disease wise

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Alexander69, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Alexander69

Ok I read anal sex is easier to get diseases from :0 and condoms are like 70% more likely to fall off or break during anal sex rather than vaginal sex OMG is this true? And you can get cuts in your butt hole and get diseases through the cuts during sexual intercourse :O

2. 461 467

You can't get cut unless you're sticking something sharp in there. But you can tear the tissue easily.

3. Alexander69

That's what I mean my biggest fear is getting aids or another STD, STI

4. Ridiculous

Who are you planning to have sex with? How many people? Do you know them? Are you using condoms and lube?

If you are having sex with people that you've only just met and you're not using a condom, then your risk of catching something is high.
    However if you've known your sex partners long enough to be able to tell that they are probably safe, and you're using condoms/lube, then the risk is low enough that you don't have to worry about it.

The most important thing for you to do is to not say to yourself "just this once" and go and screw some guy you just met without using protection. It only needs to happen once to catch something - it's not like you have to have unprotected sex for a while before you can get an STD.

5. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Another thing to keep in mind: you can't trust it when a guy you don't know well says he is clean of STDs. He may have something he doesn't know about. He may even be lying. So assume the worst. And, as stated above, always use protection.

6. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Condoms, correctly used, have a pretty high safety rate, better than 90%.

But in addition to condoms, you should also always, always, always know your partner. People who ask to bareback have already barebacked, and are therefore at much higher risk of having HIV or another STI than those who insist on using condoms. Asking your partner detailed questions about his sexual history (# of partners, # of times having bareback sex, etc.) will tell you some, but keep in mind people lie, particularly people who want to bareback.

The worst part is, the dumbasses who insist on barebacking (and often, because of their insistence, are HIV+) are the ones who are often the most manipulative to get other people to bareback with them, by claiming to always play safe, but "just this once" to bareback with you because "you're special" or some other equally bullshit ruse designed to appeal to your vanity.

If you use condoms correctly, and if you don't do random hookups, and if you spend time getting to know the person and their attitude and sexual history, then your risk of getting an STI is pretty low. It's never no risk, unless you confine your activity to masturbation, but it's a reasonable risk for most people.

7. Alexander69

How accurate are tests that you can get to see if you have HIV STI STD'S?

8. Protected sex with someone you know is safe. If you want to be an HIVaphobe worry about the people who handle your food accidentally bleeding into it.

9. June Cleaver

Very accurate tests. I get tested every 6 months for HIV, and yearly for the rest including Hep b, c, syphlis, ghonerea just to be safe. First off you never know what your partner might bring back to you. It is just good to know! Early detection of these are best. Everyone is so worried about HIV and that is treatable these days, I was a teen when people would drop dead in 3 to 6 months from it. Hep c is way more scary and worse than that is the med resistant strains of syphlis, and ghonerea going around. Those two are easily caught, where as HIV and Hep are harder. June

#9 June Cleaver, Mar 12, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
  10. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    We have these things called condoms. I dunno, it's science.

11. leer

misinformed about condoms Alexandra it`s 99.9% safe when used properly as for bareback I had it a few times with my ex who id known a few months and then my friends made me get checked up after it .

12. tulman

All posters before me were right on. Nothing to add without being repetitive. You asked specifically about anal but as long as STDs are being discussed Herpes is worth mentioning. You can get genital Herpes from something as simple as oral sex with someone who has an active cold sore around their mouth.

13. wowiemio

always use condoms, u can never know what the other person has unless you trust him.
    me and my partner used condoms at first and did HIV test and Hep test, we were both - and after 6 month we retested again to make sure of everything, then when we trusted each other, we did it bareback
    as for getting cut or tearing tissues, be sure to use a good water based lube and have diet rich in fibers
    having a cut or a tear increases the risk of contracting a disease (can also be painful) so if you have anal fissures or a cut, it's better not to have sex and wait till it's healed

14. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The only problem I've ever heard with HIV tests is that it takes a while after getting the virus for the test to pick it up. The number I remember (but I may be wrong) is 3 months.

---------- Post added 12th Mar 2013 at 01:09 PM ----------

I have heard that for anal intercourse some recommend extra strong condoms, and avoiding ultra thin. Not sure if this is necessary, but it may not be a bad idea, particularly with people whom you don't know well.

15. Ridiculous

Nah there's no significant difference:An evaluation of a thicker versus a standard condom with gay men : AIDS Society

"Results: No significant differences were found between the two condom types with respect to either clinical or non-clinical definitions of failure (breakage and slippage). With instances of inappropriate use removed, failure rates for the standard and the thicker condom were low at 2.5 and 2.3%, respectively. User characteristics associated with breakage were lower educational achievement, lack of confidence in condom use, and a history of condom breakage. Behaviours associated with breakage were unrolling the condom before fitting to the penis, longer penis length, absence of additional lubricant, the use of inappropriate lubricant, and longer duration of intercourse."

16. plasticcrows

plasticcrows Guest

Would it be rude or off putting to demand that anyone that you wish to engage in sexual activity with or wishes to with you pass a test for HIV and other STD's beforehand? Because that's what I'd do - people can lie.

17. tulman

This thread makes me appreciate having those good exciting times in the years before all these STDs became such an issue.

18. Alexander69

Ok now I'm totally fearing sex all together there are so many risks like OMG WTF I have bad anxiety and I get very paranoid and like today I was scared to touch things cause you never know if someone has bled on something and I have a cut I didn't have a bandage on like OMG humans are scary aren't we? I mean how can u tell who's infected with out tests? Shit now I'm stressing I used to wear gloves BECUASE I was scared of bacteria. I don't think even if I trusted him 100% that I could have sex without tests first. Like my anxiety has been through the roof lately and I don't know why. Maybe the stress of changing myself maybe lack of sleep the feeling of loneliness maybe all of them my Eating habits are coming back where I'm not eating really at all I have this little bit of fat on my belly and I felt it a few days ago and it scared me because I felt like I was getting fat I have list weight the scale said I'm still size 28 in jeans but I feel like I'm fat everyone says I'm skinny but when I look in the mirror I see a fat person and idk WHY like it is so stressing to feel ugly and fat I feel like I'm not good enough maybe because I don't have as many people hitting on me anymore since I left high school I've lost my self-confidence idkkkkkk but I just feel so ugly and not good enough all the time I mean I don't have depression although feeling like this sure makes me feel depressed but idk how to build my self confidence up again. I feel like going in to tears when I think about myself idk :/

19. Convoy

HIV can not be spread outside of a living environment for very long, the virus (like many) dies off and will not live outside of the body for more than 5 minuets or so.

Bacteria isn't super bad either, there's some stuff out there but it's not super common. Washing hands somewhat frequently is good but you don't need to go overkill most of the time (Hospitals and medical homes are an exception).

If sex is making you anxious then you don't have to do it, it shouldn't be something that you feel pressured to do or required to preform.

Don't worry about being "fat", your not and everybody gets it, it's totally normal and nobody really looks at someone and goes 'if only he was 25-30lbs lighter'.

Anal sex is one of those things you shouldn't rush into, it takes some time and effort to do right and it won't go smoothly all the time. Don't force yourself to do something that you aren't conformable with and injure yourself or have a bad time doing (You can never have enough lube :wink:).

Some people just don't like it too, that's totally ok and there are other sex acts that are just as fun as anal, don't feel like you have to do it (Even though it's ok if you do).

20. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't know the ins-and-outs of HIV, but everything I've heard says that the virus does not last very long outside the body. I can't say for sure, but I think if someone cut themselves and left enough blood to be a problem, you'd see it.

Like Convoy says, bacteria is mostly not a problem for healthy people. Basic steps like washing hands regularly (and doing a thorough job) will probably be enough for healthy people.