1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Well it's spring coming in and..

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SleeplessS, Mar 12, 2013.

1. SleeplessS

I get this weird buzz that I want to do something different with my life. Now I might just end up doing nothing or nothing might end up happening (Like it usually is) but I still want to try. Would there be any takers to have a pen pal and write snail mail with me?

I'm a hard case and I understand if not many people would like, but I've come to find that all things considered, mail usually helps get to know a person better from a different side. So wadda ya say? Give it a chance?

2. FemCasanova

Keep in mind what the big yellow box above your post says :wink:

I am pretty sure you are only allowed to exchange information like that when you`ve become full member and can do it through a private message. That requires 50 posts in different forums and membership lasting for at least 2 weeks, but you should read up on it to be sure, in case my memory fails me.

Empty Closets - Website FAQ

Welcome to EC by the way :grin:

3. SleeplessS

Thanks! I didn't know bout that..that's too bad, like I said guess not much will come out of it, at least not now. Oh well..

4. Harve

That reminds me, I sent a postcard of-sorts from Uzbekistan last summer and post is meant to be sent through one of the Caucasian countries. It never arrived back to the UK. SOB.

5. SleeplessS

Post is generally terrible here, but I've had a steady pan pal before and it never got lost, dunno, it depends on the address I guess.

6. FemCasanova

Getting to fifty posts doesn`t take long, and you can spend the time getting to know us here on EC :slight_smile: We`re a pretty friendly bunch, I have had some wonderful chats here with a lot of really nice people. Being an old forum nerd, I like a community like this with people in different ages and situations. You get some different perspectives on things, realize stuff you hadn`t thought of before, and get to know people you`d else how never known. Which is great :grin: So, don`t give up on us quite yet, stick around a bit and I am sure you`ll have the same experience I have had. It`s like having a thousand pen pals, instead of one, lol, and you can make friends that you might end up pen paling later. Snail mail is by the way a funny expression to me, I don`t hear it often anymore. We`ve all gotten so used to FB, Twitter and E mail, I think a lot of us hardly even consider sending letters by post anymore. Which is a shame, because there definitely was something charming about waiting for a letter.

Anyways, hope you are having a good week so far :slight_smile:

7. SleeplessS

You're so right, yes, snail mail is something completely different,much more intimate and special in a way! And thanks, the week is going slow so far but ^_^ could be worse. Not planning on giving up, I'm a bit slow to post though, but that can be worked on I guess, just gimme a boring evening and I'll be posting away like a nutter!