1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OMG I want a boyfriend... It's driving me CRAZY

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Gazza123, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

Now before any of you weigh in on this... I just wanna clarify a few things

So

If any if you keep up with my threads then you know I go up and down more times than person should in terms mood and emotional.

I've been going to this support place for about 4 to 6 weeks so far, once a week and its done wonders for me. I talk more and that. I wouldn't go as far as to say I'm a social butterfly but I'm a lot more open to talking.

Now back to the topic thread.

So I have a problem with my perception of me and how I look. I don't think anyone will live me, date me and just be general boyfriend and boyfriend things. I know no one will love me unless I love me but I dunno...

I'm 23. I'm not getting any younger and most people I know have had a least one relationship. I mean I don't wanna rush but at the same time I'm like ugh... Boyfriend please.

I know you all can't help me and I don't expect miracles and I know a bf isn't the be all and end all but it would be nice.

Wouldn't it?

2. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I understand where you're coming from. Most of us crave that companionship and it's only natural.

It's funny because right before the one time I've fallen in love I was so comfortable in my own skin... I flirted with all my friends enjoyed my life... I was feeling totally confident and independent. Sure I was dealing with some other issues, but I was more confident than I had ever been.

Of course, then the girl rejected me and my self esteem plummetted again (lol) but I'm sure you see where I'm going with this. It may be cliche to say "you have to love yourself before you can love others," but I have found when you love yourself you are more receptive to giving and recieving love.

Not that this makes you feel better, but I just wanted you to know that sometimes cliche and seemingly silly sayings are often rooted in truth. :slight_smile:

Until then here (*hug*)

3. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

Thanks

4. Winfield

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    sorry the way you worded your post made me smile lol...

im no expert in um boy relationships... ive not even been kissed lol...

but if its anything like dating a girl then im a Pro...

there are alot of ways you can meet them... through friends is the best and easiest ways...i dont believe in interent dating (have you seen catfish?) also if your out it could be through work/school social groups.. .find the person you fancy, talk to them and then ask them out for a drink,coffee whatever...i know this isn't the best way but i met all my past relationships this way and its through clubbing!!!! get drunk, dance, flirt and hook up then swap numbers and BOOM!!!! helo partner...

hope this helps you as much as it did for me...

5. isobella

I know the feel.
    I'm eager to at least date...

Patience is a virtue, so they say - I've just got to learn to trust it.

6. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm in my first real relationship at 22, and as frustrating as I know this is to hear, I really did find it when I stopped looking. A while after I stopped looking at women with the thought of whether I'd be able to date her, I started picking up on the slight signals a friend of mine was sending me. Back when I met her, more than two years ago, I wouldn't have guessed that I'd ever fall for her.

Keep up the social stuff. Enjoy your friendships, get to know people. In my experience, the relationships that you don't search for seem to work better than those you seek out. And you're nowhere near too old for anything.

7. jp16

Love comes when you lease expect it, so just wait i know there's a right person for you.

8. Bolin

I really really really have to agree with Maddy. For the longest time, I was always so concerned about never finding anyone who'd love me or even, at the very least, date me. I was obsessed with trying to reconnect with people I went to school with who came out after they graduated with the hopes that they'd fall for me or at the very least try to set me up with their gay friends. Also had the time consuming habit of wallowing around and beating myself up ("Nobody will date me because I'm fat/boring/Black/quiet/nerdy/whatever"). I hit a point late last year where I just decided that I wasn't going to be like that anymore, and I just stopped worrying about it. I focused on getting my depression under control and trying to feel better about myself. And guess what happened? I got with the guy of my dreams. :slight_smile:

I also agree that you should definitely keep up with the social stuff, and I'll just add that it helps to focus on making friendships. I know from experience (and others' experiences) that having ulterior motives in pursuing friendships with guys in particular can backfire in a very harsh way, so just let things play out naturally. And if something develops, then consider it a big plus. That's what happened with me. :slight_smile: I know that it's frustrating to hear, but time and time again, I see this work for soooo many people, so it definitely has merit.

9. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    I want a girlfriend. The problem is that I don't have any friends. I want to at least have friends. I had a boyfriend at fourteen, but I didn't like him that way. :frowning2: