1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you use ec without parents finding out?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Unknown5, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Unknown5

Unknown5 Guest

How do you use ec without parents finding out. I use private browsing online to go on ec. I am just curious how other people use it.

2. Alex94

Alex94 Guest

If you have Firefox go to the top left corner and click on private browsing, this will make sure when you exit out of the program your history is not recorded for that session. Or if you want to be sure your history NEVER records you can go to the top left corner, and on the drop down click "options". Go to "firefox will" drop down to "never remember history". If you are on another browser other than firefox than I have no idea. I am on google chrome but have firefox as well....This is my laptop so I have no worries. Lol. Good luck.

3. Rivers

My parents know that I'm gay, and they know that I use EC, but they've never actually seen me on the site. I think it's because I use my computer in my room, and they don't come into my room very often.

4. campervankid

Luckily for me my mum is hopeless with technology and I dont think she even knows you can check the history on a computer. I also have a password to get into my desktop area :slight_smile:

5. FunnyMonkey

This, but I'm the administration of network so I can take care of it all and I have my own laptop.

6. campervankid

:slight_smile: cool. I'm not much better than my mum with technology unfortunatly though, just know enough to keep me safely in the closet :slight_smile:

7. Oddish

Oddish Guest

My mum doesn't care about my internet usage, tbh. And if she sees my screen, I just switch the tab. If she were to see it, I wouldn't care anyway because I'm out to her but I'm still slightly paranoid about either of my parents finding out for some reason.

8. thegaymer

I use Incognito on google crome

9. Alex94

Alex94 Guest

Is their a way to do that automatically when you start Google Chrome, like not have to do it manually each time. Always good to have a fail safe even though this is my laptop.

10. Nyanko

My parents don't care what I do online, so I don't really hide the screen or care if they see. They'll pass by the room the computer is in and glance, but they don't really mind what I do. If my mom comes in to see how I'm wasting my life away, I'll switch from EC to Youtube or something like that, just so she doesn't make a huge scene.

Just as long as I'm not laughing, they don't care how I browse the interwebs.

11. Eric

I don't live at home, and when I am home, they (should) know not to touch my computer. :slight_smile:

12. Equalist

Equalist Guest

I only use MY laptop. When I use my laptop, I'm either in my room or at some table in the corner of a room, so the screen is facing away from everybody else. They cannot get into my laptop because I have a password set that they do not know. Even if they managed to get on (it would never happen), my laptop is a Mac, and they have never used a Mac before, so they probably wouldn't even be able to find out how to get to the browsing history.

If they found out, I probably wouldn't care. I'm done with stupid, petty problems like them figuring out I come on here or I'm gay or whatnot.

13. bubblesh204

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Its kind of hard to explain how I do things but I'll normally have a large window open with youtube or something on it and then a smaller window with EC on it so I can click out of it quickly if I need to. My parents use internet explorer while I use chrome since chrome confuses them..

14. hello1992

google chrome ingonitio window, make sure you are steated with your screen facing a wall so no one can sneak up on you. Use Ec on your phone, deleting the history always after use. Make sure that your passwrods are not saved, and if using chrome, make sure that you don't select 'never save password for this site' because your selection this will appear under settings which is not password locked.

Learn shortcuts such as 'windows key'+ L or ctrl + F4 to hideyour activity if anyone does sneak up on you, use a display picture that is not you.

If you are especially paranoid only use ec when you know your parents wont wonder in on you or if you are describing what happened today, maybe slightly change the story a bit so any family member that may be on EC that knows what you had actually done today wont be able to make the link.

15. FollowtheFreeman

I'm pretty sure they know that I use this site. It's not exactly like I hide my sexuality so frankly I don't care if they suspect that I am not straight.

16. Naren

My parents are hopeless with technology too, but I have a live USB of Ubuntu with working TOR. Pretty much all I need there.

17. Well, sometimes I go on incognito browser. But my parents don't understand English so I could breathe.

18. Wickgaga

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    My laptop. No one else touches it to see, and I use it when my mother is not around or alone in my room.

19. I use a mobile device most of the time which has a passcode so it's improbable for anyone to find out as it screen locks after a minute.

20. Convoy

I have firefox (or waterfox) set to clear my settings when it closes all the time (I started doing it for memory reasons/performance, but privacy is a good reason too) and I use ccleaner to clean out all the useless junk on my system.

I've used various other cleaners too (Plus manual reg cleaning), I just like keeping my system light and fast.

My systems are all locked though, not encrypted (though my collection is) so they are liable to a break in but I'm not worried. My parents don't have half the brains that I do and I monitor their traffic, not the other way around :wink:.

We use different systems though and that makes it easier, keeps our junk separate.