1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Saying "That's So Gay" For The First Time

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Moomookitty, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Moomookitty

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ok I was at school with a really good friend and this kid was walking past us and teacher was following him yelling "cmon you gotta practice your moves for the play!" soo me and my friend laughed and first I'm never a homophobic person cuz I'm gay and also I just believe no one should be treated like that and my friend is totally aware of that soo I was like "wow that's soooo..." And I couldn't say it and I got really quiet and my friend was just staring at me and I had to say gay in a very quiet voice like 2 inches from his face so now he's very confused with me xD
    I'm just wondering does anyone else have trouble saying this?? It's wierd but yeaaaa

2. BornInTexas

It's understandable. I have trouble saying words like that, or worst, out loud. Even though that is pretty funny. xD

"That's gayer than a three dollar bill."

That line is funny as crap, and I love saying it. It seems to be one of the only lines I can say with the word gay in it, other than, "I'm gay."

Meh.

3. Xianghua

I have a friend, who's gay, and we joke around, saying, "That's so straight." It's better when he says it, though, because EVERYONE knows he's gay. I'm just a quiet, closeted pans. ^^

4. BornInTexas

I'll have to try that. My friends call a lot of people who, in public, call me or any of my friends 'faggots,' 'spaggets.'

Excuse my French.

It's fun to mess with wordsssssssssssssssssssssss.

5. Xianghua

I'm kind of ashamed to admit, I call everyone a faggot...

BUT NOT BECAUSE THEY'RE GAY. I call them a faggot because they're being a faggot!

To quote the wonderful Louis C.K.: "If I saw two men blowing each other, and I don't know why I'm watching, but I just happen to stumble upon a couple of fellas blowing each other on their respective penasia, I would, you know, be respectful, "Ah, hello gentlemen!" But if one of them took the dick out of their mouth, and started saying something really faggy, you know, like, "People from Phoenix are Phoenicians," I'd be like, "SHUT UP FAGGOT!!!!!"

I would never call a gay guy a faggot, unless of course, he was being a faggot.

6. BornInTexas

Louis C.K. I love him, lol. Yah, I get'cha. I just don't like the word faggot or the word queer. They both seem mean, even if you use it in a funny tense like you said above.

I guess I just have to get from my comfort zone and start not caring. xP

7. therunawaybff

I really don't like any homophobic slurs, because I NEVER hear them used jokingly. :frowning2:

Where I'm from, if someone's calling you a faggot, there's probably an ass-whooping about to commence.

8. Xianghua

I hate the origin of the word "faggot". Queer, meh.... I don't really care. Maybe it just doesn't bother me as much because I'm not 100% gay, and not many people even know I'm pan...

I actually learned this from a gay comedian, but apparently, the word "faggot", originated when they would burn witches at the stake. The sticks they used for the fire were called fagots (one G), and they would also burn homosexuals, but they decided they weren't worthy for the same punishment as witches, and simply said, "Throw them in with the other fagots."

It's sad, really. :frowning2:

9. Sinopaa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sadly enough I was raised with saying "that's so gay" as a negative term. I had to really work on not saying it unconsciously. :icon_sad: Recently my friends have taken up calling me a trony; which as they say "is a combination of a trans* and a brony.". So I'm the first ever openly trony person they know. :lol: My favorite line right now is saying that I'm "running a tran" when I'm winning at something. It's just wrong on so many levels! XD

10. Naren

I tell people off for saying that. Pisses me off for some reason.

11. FemCasanova

I`ll joke around with my sister, saying stuff like;

"Oh, god, when will they abolish all those icky lesbians, it`s just not natural, it`s sinful and disgusting". To which she`ll laugh, and then start commenting on how they should take all the stupid blondes while at it.

I`m a lesbian, she`s blonde, lol.

No, I like joking around with all those stupid things I read online or hear, because slurs, insults and bigotry are just silly and moronic. It is not worthy of me getting upset, but rather being laughed off.

It`s not worth me taking any of it seriously, that`s for sure.

12. That's really funny.

13. SamAlex728

It used to annoy the fuck outta me. But since I got comfortable in my own skin, I give zero fucks about it. I've gotten in arguments with a few fucktards that ran out of material and had to start pulling the gay card. I made them look like idiots. 'Twas fun.

But a lot of my friends tend to say "That's so gayyyy..Shit, no offense."

Those friends get reamed. It's not offensive until you tack on the "no offense!"..It's irritating.

But lately I've sorta been reclaiming the so-called "F-Bomb"..Why the hell not? It's not like anyone has ever mistaken me for a hetero, and if Lil Wayne can say "nigga" 80 times in a minute, this little flamer can get away with the occasional "don't be a fag" when I'm joking around with my friends.

People have seriously got to realize that words are only offensive if you're allowing yourself to take offense to them. Then again, I'm not easily offended..at all.

14. TSN2012

I definitely feel awkward saying words like 'that's so gay' and I rarely call people fag. And I will never call a gay person 'fag' and only direct them towards my straight friends when i'm in a light/fun arguments and sometimes jokingly towards myself. My friends don't know yet that I'm gay, but I sometimes like to 'hint' to them by saying things like 'guess what, a fag just beat you in arm wrestling! What've you got to say to that?' and they will be like 'dude, did you just call yourself a fag?' And that confuses them a lot because 10 minutes later i will be all like "oh dudee Emma Stone is so hot etc.." when i realized that i don't want them to know yet (not sure if you do the same thing?). But I seriously won't mind though if someone uses the word 'fag' towards me in a jokingly way, even if that person knows that I"m gay.

15. hkboy93

Guilty of saying that all the time before I accepted myself lol

16. I call things gay when it seems appropriate. I don't at all like the whole ironic gay calling people gay thing; it's really overdone.

17. LoveMusicPoetry

I must admit and I'm not proud of it, but if I see a really butch looking woman, I might say, 'she's gotta be a lesbian, I mean look at her.' Now I think people must say that about me, although I'm not particularly butch looking. A few people who I've come out to have said, 'I just assumed you were a lesbian anyway', which is odd, but I am, so meh.

---------- Post added 14th Mar 2013 at 08:56 AM ----------

'Gay as a three dollar bill.' The English equivilant is, 'bent as a nine bob note', which I say all the time. I've also heard, 'bent as a two bob watch'. Bob is an old word for 5p.

18. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hmmm I think I once said "I think that guy is queer as a three dollar bill" once... and I've used the word dyke, but I never say those things to be malicious. I don't think I've ever said that.

The only time I ever say the "Fa" word is when I listen to Mindless Self Indulgence because that's a title of one of their songs and they use that word ALOT! LoL But it's a catchy f:***:ing song!!!