1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I announce to you a great joy: We have an Antipope

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SupremeEmperor, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Throughout church history, political and theological debate caused small groups of people to completely reject a newly-elected pope. They would instead pick their own pope, known as the Antipope. Seeing as the Catgolic Church has waged a concentrated campaign (or, in their words, holy war) to persecute all LGBT people the world over, I say we hit them back; People of EC, we need a Gay Pope. The Gay Pope will be a well-known LGBT person and advocate (like George Takei) who will lead a breakaway, pro-gay, portion of the church. Preposterous? No, this is a well precedented and historically accepted practice. How does it work? Simple, we pick a pope and tell everyone (it's ok if it's a lie) that God told us he wants this man to be Pope (it's really the exact same way they pick the 'real' pope). George Takei for Pope!

2. Xianghua

HIKARU SU-- Ahem, I mean, GEORGE TAKEI FOR POPE!!!

(Or, you know, Morrissey, if he's too busy...)

3. Dalmatian

Actually, the College of Cardinals elects the next pope. He is the successor of St. Peter, has to be made the bishop of Rome and so on. Precedents are irrelevant because the last Pope set the rules for election; nothing older is relevant. And he said that cardinals choose by two thirds of votes. So..

On the other hand, judging by statistics, there is a 30-40% chance that the new pope will be gay :slight_smile:

4. Countless times throughout history people (especially kings) have refused to accept a pope for whatever reason. As SupremeEmperor I declare the so-called "Francis I" a heretic and an imposter and I further decree that the real Pope, Successor to St. Peter, Pontiff and Vicar of Christ on Earth is George Takei, or as we shall call him, Pope Sulu I.

5. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What would the symbol of his clerical order be, a Starfleet insignia?

6. Naren

Nah, next pope (after Francis) shall be Suda51

7. Sure. Star Trek is practically a religion now anyway so it should work out.