1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

are you worried about not having kids

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Caliber, Mar 13, 2013.

?

worried about kids

1. Yes

22 vote(s)
    26.2%
  2. no

45 vote(s)
    53.6%
  3. a tiny bit

17 vote(s)
    20.2%
  1. Caliber

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    this is a recent worry for me, i'm worried that i will never have kids when i'm older, i'm worried about it a bit, anyone else have that concern?

2. DannyBoi66

Universe, Milky Way, Solar System, Earth, England
    Yep, I feel you. But I guess I could adopt, so I clicked a tiny bit. :slight_smile:

3. lilbit55

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    yes i worry about it every day i want nothing more than to be a mother and it seems like it will never happen for me.

4. timo

Nope. I don't want to have kids anyway.

5. Adarya

I don't feel like I would want kids in the future, although when I have voiced such thoughts my father is always blabbing in "I want a grandson to take fishing!". So it does worry me somewhat about the future and if I would want kids or not, but I could always adopt, I guess.

6. GingerGuy

Not really, since I don't want to have children. They are expensive and the world needs less human beings. Not to mention that I wouldn't be a good father, and would only make them suffer the same way my own parents made me. Childless people are the only ones who are genuinely altruistic, in my opinion.

7. Oddish

Oddish Guest

Nah. I don't even want kids.

8. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I badly want to be a father someday. But I also want to try out a relationship with a guy, and might like it enough to never look back. In that case, adoption wouldn't be so bad, but I want to have a kid that's really mine also.

*sigh* Who said life would be full of such zero-sum conclusions? :frowning2:

9. thegaymer

Not at all, but I'm only 15.

10. FallenAngel

FallenAngel Guest

I have 2. So............................

11. Bolin

Absolutely not. I definitely do not want children, and I don't ever have to worry about impregnating a woman, so I'm good. :slight_smile:

12. hello1992

i realised a while back that i may dislike kids. I get along with kids fine, its just that i find them annoying. Maybe this is because i have accepted the fact that i ma gay and so probably wont have my own kids...

13. 461 467

I hate kids! Lol.

I have never had any interest in having children, and I don't want the financial, social and moral responsibilities of raising a child/children, either. I also have serious doubts about my parenting skills. Then again, everyone says that at some point in your life, that all changes, and you start wanting to have children. I am still very doubtful that it will happen to me, but I will think about it if/when the day comes.

The only thing that worries me is the thought that the only thing we really know about the meaning of life is that we are meant to survive and to reproduce. There is a chance that when I die, I will meet before some God/gods to be judged for my failure to do so. Logic and reason tell me that this is silly, but I still can never know for sure.

14. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There are few things I want more in the world than to be a dad and the thought that it may never happen makes me unbelievably sad.

15. Chloe

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My lack of interest in kids was one of the reasons I initially thought I was a lesbian (I didn't know much back then). When I started dating men, I got my tubes tied. It was a hassle convincing the doctor I was sure about that at 26 years old. There's an amusing (I think) story to go with that, but I won't post that here).

16. Dalmatian

I always wanted to have kids. Then I accepted I was gay, so kids wouldn't ever happen. That depressed me. Then I realized that the story behind me wanting kids was the same as the expectation of marrying a woman one day. So I understood that, hey, maybe I don't actually want kids. Then I realized that even as a gay guy, I can have kids. So then I started questioning if I, after all, want them :slight_smile:

So, anyway, at the moment it's not bothering me, but I am worried that it will take me years to realize that in the end I do want kids after all; but then it might be too late. I'm 31 already.

17. Seraph

I just can't stop imagining a picture of me and my partner with kids in the future.

Kids are amazing ! I don't care about what people say, just spending my life with my lover and raising children is the biggest dream that I've ever had. I was always a motherly person, I can take care of anything and anyone that I love, so it isn't a big deal for me to treat and raise a kid the right way. It seems kinda funny to think this way for a guy my age, overly mature I guess.

So yeah, I do have the fear of not having kids in the future ._. just hope adoption for gay parents will become more common when I get there.

18. I really don't want kids. I can't find a philosophically sound reason why I should have them and I don't have any burning biological desire either so, yeah. that's just not happening.

BUT, if for some reason I changed my mind, I would open up my home for fostering and/adopting the kids that other people can't or won't bother caring for.

19. plasticcrows

plasticcrows Guest

I'm more worried about finding a surrogate with desirable genetics and a very high intelligence. I know there's no definitive link between genetics and intelligence, but there's a correlation and I don't think I could love a dumb, or even average intelligence child.

20. kem

kem

For now, no. I doubt I'll ever have kids. I can really only take care of myself - and plants, though I do struggle with them. Besides, they are about the worst thing you could do ecologically.