1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Love Letter?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by proudly so, Mar 14, 2013.

1. proudly so

Have any of you ever written a love letter, and have any of you ever given it to your crush?

I actually wrote one, but I'm never going to give it to her, she's straight and has a boyfriend, also things would get really weird...
    Also it's not that good and might be creepy...
    I've known her all my life and she's just...well, there's no word to describe it ♥

So it's more for me, even if it's actually for her. I love writing, so feel free tell me what you think! But I'm german so my english probably isn't that good xx

Dear Anna,

To be honest, I can't remember the first time I ever saw your face,
    or the first time I looked into your eyes.
    What I do remember is the moment I knew I loved you.

Love is a big word-
    I know some say love ain't real.
    But it is. It's you.

It's the way your eyes light up when you laugh.
    It's the way how you always know the right thing to say.
    But mostly it's the way nobody gets me like you do.

Love isn't just a word.
    Or a feeling.
    Or an action.

It's a lot more than that.
    Love is innocent.
    Love is kind.
    Love is pure.

Just like you are.

- R.

Okay, I just really needed to get this off my chest xx

2. Elaine

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Honey, this is so beautiful. :eusa_clap
    Seriously, it's so touching. Anna's a lucky girl/would be a lucky girl.

---------- Post added 14th Mar 2013 at 08:15 PM ----------

I have never written a love letter, but I think I've never really loved anyone..

3. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think that's quite sweet! :slight_smile:

And yes, I gave my best friend a love letter. I wrote it in our secret code and in the form of a poem. When she deciphered it she told me she didn't feel the same but we should not make it awkard and stay the best of friends. :dry: That tease!

4. prism

That's a lovely letter. :slight_smile:
    Writing letters and not sending them is a great way to relieve anxiety and anger.

I've only ever written one love letter and I did end up sending it to her. I knew she had feelings for me, but she didn't accept the way she felt. I didn't get the girl, but I got closure.

5. 4AllEternity

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wrote a letter to my crush. It had gotten to the point where some days I thought he felt the same way, and others I felt like just another friend. I was so confused, that I just couldn't go on without knowing. I wrote a long letter explaining the depth of my feelings and what I expected (which was nothing, I made it clear I wasn't trying to force anything on our friendship, that things could remain the same if he so wished). I really emphasized that I cared about him very much; that I wasn't just trying to hook up or something. I also explained that our friendship was still very real, that I wasn't fantasizing about him the whole time or anything like that (which was true, as our friendship was real, I just fell in love with him in addition to being his friend).

I gave him the letter, which was one of the most terrifying things I had ever done, I could have jumped in front of a bus instead. Giving him that letter basically placed me in the most vulnerable position I had ever been in; he could have broken my heart, told people about it, etc. Despite the fact I knew he was a good person, it was still hard not to feel terrified giving him such power over me.

Anyways, it turned out he didn't feel the same way, though he was very kind to me. He was so sweet and made it clear how much it meant to him that someone loved him, which made things so much easier. It felt less like my heart had been broken and more like he'd given it back to me, if that makes any sense. We're still good friends to this day ^^

6. therunawaybff

I wrote a love letter to try and reconcile with my boyfriend after leaving the state for two years without telling him (or anyone else) where I was going. I also wrote him one many years back when we first started getting serious, but he's got the only copy and I don't remember exactly what I said in that one.

Here's the second one I sent though:

Nick,

I am the sorriest son of a bitch alive. I left because I was afraid, but there's no excuse for what I did. I have no right to ask your forgiveness, but at this point I have no choice either. I am lost without you.

I'm planning on a visit next weekend. I want to see you when I do, so we can talk and you can look into my eyes and know what I'm telling you is true. I'm done running. There's no home for me outside of your arms, and I don't care who knows about it. I'd give anything to hear you say my name.

I don't expect you to accept my apology based on one visit, but I'd have you know if you'll even consider forgiving me a little, I am prepared to move back home in order to grovel my way back into your good graces on a more daily basis.

I'll come by and find you. Please don't turn me away when I do.

I love you.

- Tobias

7. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    What a wonderful letter!

I've never written or received a love letter. There has never been anyone in my life to warrant me writing a love letter, and no one who wants to write me a love letter. (Sad sigh.)

As much as I like e-mail (couldn't survive without it!), there is something special about an old fashioned letter.

8. Theodora

Your letter is extremely sweet. :icon_redf You should really save it as a poem if you don't send it.

I wrote one the last time I was feeling manic and it was an awful rambling mess. I actually tried to send it, but (luckily) the post office returned it and I burned it after seeing what I'd written. :dry:

9. SleeplessS

Yeah, but it wasn't a letter...rather it was a song...I took some videos we have had together, cut her voice out and put it on the song in some places...In case you can't hear the lyrics well enough I'll post them here, as well as the link to the song. By the way, I have never sent her the song, so she doesn't even know it exists. I wrote it when I broke things off for us because she was straight and after using me and experimenting with me she just went back to being friends without any explanation, so after a year of being "friends" and finding out how toxic and unhealthy it was I broke the "friendship" off with her being angry with me while it really should've been the other way around. After another half a year this song was born.

Myspace Music Player

(Uh, hi..I'm just calling to tell you that I still have some of your photographs and just wanted to give them back to you..)

I love you, I love you here I love you,
    I love you now, I love you..(on and on and on)

Someday my beautiful, my darling
    You will forget the look I had
    And every detail of us parting
    And every second of our past
    You will forget my tender touches
    And my deliberate desires
    And from my clutches
    You will tire..

There are so many things you don't trust in
    How'd you feel if I said they were true?
    In a world of nobodies justice
    Your own justice is measure by you.
    Used to said that I lived for tomorrow
    And I never cared for today,
    Well today when I'm drowning with sorrow
    And you're away, would you say it's okay?

Say it's okay...

Someday, that day I curse beforehand..
    You will no longer know my name..
    For you it will be all the same
    When I will kiss you on the forehead,
    Should I ever pass you by
    And try to look you in the eye..
    You'll make your way without goodbye..

In a world that is full of illusions
    For me you were one thing that's real
    And you left me in utter confusion
    And I don't know what to feel
    For tomorrow the new day is rising
    But it doesn't define me today
    Don't you think it's a little surprising
    How I try to exist day by day?

I love you still I love you,
    I loved you then I love you
    I love you now, I love you..

p.s. I know the recording sucks. But at home that's the best quality I could get.