1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay Pride Rainbow Bracelet

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Dublin Boy, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well, my Gay Pride Rainbow Bracelet come today & I am now wearing it with pride, how do these things work?, who will notice I am wearing it?, what does it mean to other people?
    should I wear it to work tomorrow? :slight_smile:

2. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi DublinBoy,

Yeah, you should wear it to work tomorrow, and write down what people say; I'm quite curious as to what people's reactions will be (if they even know what it means!)

Cheers!

3. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I will do Mate :badgrin:

4. remainnameless

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ya I'm curious as to if anyone will notice, but a lot of the time people won't even think twice about it, so I wouldn't expect much of a reaction.

---------- Post added 14th Mar 2013 at 05:00 PM ----------

(because they have no idea what it is)

5. leer

I have a beaded one that i hardly ever take off mum got it for me from some market stall more visible in warmer weather with short sleeves if people ask me i would usually say mum got it me its more simpler than saying i support the gay community although most people know am gay anyway .

6. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Would other Gay people see it & know that I am Gay, the reason I say this is because when I go to my local Gay Pub, it is a No Attitude Pub & a lot of Straight Guys go in to it, it's not always apparent who is Gay, wearing the Bracelet might make me more approachable to other Gay Guys, Just a thought :slight_smile:

7. RueBea85

RueBea85 Guest

I always notice stuff like that, it makes me either think they're LGBT themselves or they are allies.

I don't know if you would get a lot of comments on it, I know I used to wear an anklet and got a couple comments on it, mostly just saying how nice it was.

8. Kat kanu

woooooo you go!!
    now i need to go get a rainbow bracelet too

9. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well Guys, Update - I wore it to work & nobody seemed to notice, I even made a point of speaking to one of my co-workers who is openly Gay & in a Civil Partnership, but alas he did not notice (I am not out to him, but a little birdy told me that he does suspect lol) :slight_smile:

10. Theodora

He might just be being polite even if he does notice. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: If he's openly gay he probably knows better than to out someone who isn't.

11. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Good Point :icon_bigg

12. Tim

Tim

I would double check your companies policy on accessories though. Some will prohibit things like that, crosses, etc.

Personally, I intend to wear one whenever I get one. xD My sister had ordered a black/rainbow paracord bracelet (unravel-able to 50 feet of sturdy rope that can support upt o 500 lbs in emergencies, [but you can't get it back to bracelet form :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:]) as it's functional and gives you a pride bracelet, but her boyfriend's family stole it when it was delivered to their house. :S

13. xashesxx

xashesxx Guest

I think most of the online sites that sell these bracelets will replace it for not cost if you have to use it in an emergency situation. At least the site I found said that. So long as you send in your story about how you use it. Which is a super awesome idea! I love those things.

14. Monocle

Out Status:
    Some people
    I have a rainbow necklace, and I find that most (hetero) older folks don't know what it means. They think it's pretty, but that's about it. :slight_smile: It's LGBT people of all ages who're likely to notice it; but even then, most are too polite to outright question you about it.

I notice whenever someone is wearing a gay pride symbol, but I usually don't comment on it because...well, what is there to say?

15. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Rainbow Bracelet update

Well Guys, I decided to wear my Rainbow Bracelet to my parents house yesterday as I go there for Sunday Dinner, I took a risk as I did not know whether they knew what it represented, but alas, they did not notice :confused: instead my Mom again took the opportunity to state that my Brothers Wife's Sister who has recently broken up with her boyfriend, is still readerly available & what a nice couple we would make (in my mind I am thinking "but Mom I AM GAY") :bang: I keep hoping that my lack of interest would prompt her to ask me "you are not Gay are you" to which I would reply, "would it matter if I was" I think my coming out is getting closer :icon_bigg

16. Ianthe

If you want to tell them you should just do it. Otherwise it will drive you crazy.

17. Dalmatian

I went and bought the six coloured threads in a knitting store (yeah, I don't think they are called that) and I made my own bracelet on Friday and Saturday. It took hours :grin: But I love it. It was my first attempt, so there are some things I'd do differently now, but still. Also, when I finished it was a little skewed and uneven, but this morning I took a shower with it and the water seems to have straightened it; it looks beautiful now :slight_smile:

Funny, how such a simple thing can make you feel :slight_smile:

But I think I'll keep it safely under the sleeve for some time.

18. TSN2012

That's actually a very good way to come out!

19. DanD

Hey DublinBoy, can I ask where you bought your bracelet from? :slight_smile:

20. mwaffles

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I want a rainbow bracelet D: I need to look for it in my city, but I don't know if they sell it :frowning2: they might, but... yeah... idk.