1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Were you Confident After?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by metoo, Mar 14, 2013.

1. metoo

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I was wondering if anyone became more confident of themselves overall after coming out?

2. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yes I did, I felt more at one with myself after coming out to myself :slight_smile:

3. Dakine

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm only out to one person cause at this point in my life it is on a need to know basis. But even just telling that one person has totally changed me and freed me more than I could imagine.

4. metoo

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I feel like I am living a lie, so to come out my friends and family seems like it would peel back one layer of the uncomfortable person inside. It seems like it would set one up for more freeing actions, ultimately making you more confident as a whole.

5. Thatoneguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    OH my golly yes. I am way more confident now.

6. caseyann

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I definitely was right after, especially cause people were so nice about it. Now I don't feel bad about being.. whatever I am... anymore but I still have very low self-esteem.

7. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I wasn't more confident right after I came out. It took a few months for me to become more confident with myself. After that, I have been more confident that ever!

8. 4ever Hearth

Definitely. It takes a minute to adjust to not hiding and not biting your tongue on sexuality-related subjects. Sometimes, you come across some people who make you feel as if it wasn't the best choice in the world. But overall, to be genuine to yourself is the best feeling in the world and the strength that comes from a successful adjustment is immense.

If it ever seems like it's too sucky(no pun intended), just use the "mantra" I used: "I am a Unicorn, in a world of broke-down Ponies." It's cute, fun and makes you smile. At this point, i've advanced to a "Phoenix, in a world of flightless Griffins." :lol: :thumbsup:

9. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Immediately after I came out I wanted to forget about the whole thing. I was actually at one of my lowest points - and suffered a full-on emotional and mental breakdown. But after a few months my confidence came back stronger than ever. And each time I come out to someone now, I get a little burst of it to carry for a while. :slight_smile:

10. metoo

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    This is great. I will always remember it.

Thanks.

11. Oddish

Oddish Guest

After I told my mum about liking girls, I've felt so much more comfortable and confident in my own skin; I don't have to live a lie. And I no longer have to hide my "Damn she's really hot" thoughts whenever we're watching TV in the same room. I can just announce whenever I see an attractive lady during a show or a movie. It's amusing, to say the least.

Now once I work on admitting my gender stuff, I'm sure my confidence will soar... or be shot down completely. Hence why I'm still waiting.

12. BornInTexas

Not much, but definitely improved in my self-confidence after I told a few people.

13. Cthulhu

I felt anxious initially, but I gained more confidence.

14. CupidBoy

CupidBoy Guest

Absolutely, I feel free and much more content.

15. leer

not at first no. I was a quite low knowing everyone knows it took several months .

16. agonizingnose

Im with this dude here.

17. kem

kem

Yes.
    I don't feel like I was myself back when I was in the closet. It might just be that I've matured since then, but to think I kept something as silly as sexuality from saying and doing and liking things is frustrating. Now that I am out, I feel a great deal more confident. I'm still shy and I don't talk a lot, but now that I don't have to constantly worry about accidentally letting others know, I feel freer.

18. Ardelia

Ardelia Guest

Even though my parents broke my heart with their reaction, and my siblings with their lack of interest in anything except themselves. I can honestly say that I changed for better, from the insecure little puppy I became mature, stronger, and above all smarter person.

Oh, it's true that I am a little bit damaged, but it's price to pay in order to get my independence, or the strength I feel now is only reflection of my emotional numbness.
    From overly sensitive to almost feeling nothing in only two hellish years.
    I study and work like a machine, in order to leave my country.

There is no happiness for me here, no reason to stay except if I want to kill myself.
    Sometimes I wish I was a psychopath.

Sorry for bad english.

19. Robellious

After I came of the closet with my sisters and basically everyone at school; I felt more free like, the "gay" insults or faggot insults that were directed at me suddenly stopped for some weird reason lol. I guess noone has the balls to insult a queer like me with a real insult xD. I got bullied less and I stopped feeling so awkward. When I talk to my friends and sisters I finally get to tell them crap like "who i think is cute" or "if hes hot or not" lol.

I feel like after I released myself from the "straight" society I got to stop lying to myself and feel lighter and happier lol. shit this is corny :-C

20. Caliber

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm in this boat with ya, my mum knows and a few friends