1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

making wishes. - need more ideas.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jroakwood, Mar 23, 2008.

1. jroakwood

tonight i kindof had a creative realization for my AP art class.
    ive been currently working on a pop art/hollywood concentration, which i LOVE and will continue with.

but ive always been fascinated with making wishes and praying and hope and stuff like that.
    i do it all the time.
    but anyways, i decided that im really inspired to start a second concentration on wishes, and the methods of making them...

so far ive thought of 11:11, blowing dandelions, birthday candles, shooting stars...
    [BTW ITS 11:11 AS IM TYPING THIS. *MAKES A WISH*]
    and crossing fingers, and praying... and throwing a penny in a fountain/well.

for a technical AP concentration, i would need 12 peices.
    so if anyone has anymore methods of making wishes, or any ideas for peices for me, that'd be amazing.

thanks EC.

2. Tim

Tim

First Star at night?
    4 Leaf Clover (at least we used to when we were younger XD)

3. Jerr

Ever heard of the necklace thing?

When your necklace has a cross or something on it and it touches the clasp you turn around kiss it and make a wish and straighten it back to the clasp being behind your neck again.

Stupid I know but meh... whatever.

4. Paralyzer

wishbones! I'm not sure if that's the name for it.. but those things you find in meat that you break..

5. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan Guest

Perpetuating superstition? Hmm... well, you might be onto something, supposing you delve more into why humans make such selfish and scientifically baseless investments in such rituals rather than how they go about this. Perhaps it's a poetic underscoring of our species' undying desire for better times, better days. On the other hand, from a more nihilistic point of view, it also hints that the Homo sapiens is forever unhappy with its present circumstance--a much bleaker view.

Have fun!

6. Vampyrecat

the number 7, First kiss.
    Prayers also work..

7. elstix99

elstix99 Guest

How weird. Consulting on a visual arts project is new for me (have you seen my visual art?). I have a couple methods unique to myself (long stories), but I think some people knock on wood. Also, I had a cousin that did something weird about the insides of bottlecaps for wishes (sorry I can't be more specific :wink: but do you know what I mean? if you do, call me and tell me because I don't :wink:)