1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Do Boys Flirt?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BoiGeorge, Mar 15, 2013.

1. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

Okay so I've just come to the realisation that I'm not a lesbian, I'm actually bisexual. This has made things confusing regarding boys, because I've only just realized that I now need to pick up on their flirting cues! Lemme tell ya - girls are much easier to read!! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: So how do I know if a boy is flirting with me? Because theres this boy in my philosophy class who I am now really good friends wih, but I have strong sexual feelings for him. I think he may be flirting back but I'm not sure. He smiles at me a lot, I catch him staring at me quite a bit, he seems to be nervous yet really wanting to touch me a fair bit, he laughs at my lame jokes, he has told me that I have a doll face, at lunch at school we will sometimes share eachothers lunch, he seems to be doing things to impress me... Is this flirting? Someone told me he has an online girlfriend, but why would he be acting this way towards me if he did? He treats our other female froiends in a similar yet different way. Like he seems to smile and stare at me more than he does at the others. Is he flirting or just being really friendly? I want to make a move but I'm not sure if I should! Help!!

2. hello1992

An 18 year old boy that seems to liek touching you, calls you doll face and shares his lunch? He is definitely in to you. If he was younger it could just pass as cute and innocent. But its a bit much for that for an 18 year old. And you are a girl...

Well, he definitely likes you, whether it is sexual or not. I don't know many guys who would be that sweet to girls for just friendship (unless he is gay and you are his faghag, no offence). But even then, calls you doll face and touches you.

From what i ahve observed. When guys like a girl, they will stay with them more than other girls. Make them laugh. They will also be physcially very open with them, for example he may come quite close to you when you are talking, or have one of his arms going down the top of a sofa while you are sitting next to him. Sort of like , i am open for you to hug me. I think attention is enough to say if he is flirting with you, and if he is unusually funny/playful with you.

As online gf go, they might as well not count (no offence to you online couples out there).

I think he does like you. This could go on for ages if you do nothing. I have no experience in this so i am not the best person to ask. But, you could either wait and see if he makes a move on you when you are alone together or you could make a move. If it turns out he doesnt like you, then there may be some embarrassment, but i doubt he would change his behavior towards you. He clearly at least likes you very much as a friend anyway...

I would make a move if i was in your position...Even if its just sitting close to him...

3. BornInTexas

I'm gay, and I can't even pick up these clues. If I do think they are doing it, they end up just being friendly...not flirting. ;(

*insert flip desk meme*

4. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Girls are easy to read? BoiGeorge, you'll have to show me around your home planet some time. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I'm a self-proclaimed socially awkward person, so don't take my account for average. But if I really liked somebody and wanted to get things going, I'd give them a steady stream of compliments (not obnoxious, but you know what I mean), sneak glances of them frequently, and of course ask them questions about themselves. If none of that sticks, you can always just ask the person out directly.

5. newdown

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Lemme tell ya - girls are much easier to read!!

Hah, there is no way I could disagree more. Girls make no sense to me. If I figure out they were flirting it's usually a couple weeks after it happened. Guys are pretty obvious I've found.

6. tulman

Just a couple thoughts from someone old enough to be your grand father so I'll talk like one. If you picked up a vibe that said he was flirting and maybe paying a little extra attention I would say there is better than a 50-50 chance you're right. Trust your gut, it's right more often than wrong. That's been my experience. If you decide to take it up a notch, go for it. What have you got to lose? Just go slow and don't make a fool of yourself. That way if you decide you were reading the situation wrong you can gracefully back off and save face. If you decide to take it further and get physical, don't give it up easy. According to your profile you're just 18, you have a lot to offer and are worth plenty. Make sure he's worthy. If he cares, he'll work for it. Let him prove he cares enough.
    Your profile also says you are an out bisexual. Does he know this? Most guys think bi women are hot and adventurous. This could be his motivation. Once again, have enough self respect to make yourself worth more than this.
    You were told he has an online girl friend? Big deal. Have they met each other? To me "online" means just that and nothing more. You're there in the flesh, smiling, paying attention, sharing lunch, laughing at each others jokes etc. If "miss online" is more important than you, forget him and put your energy elsewhere.

7. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

I forgot to add, he had a boyfriend last year. He seems shy whenever me and my friends bring up his sexuality. I know he definitely likes girls now, but I guess he's also open to being with a boy too. And I haven't officially told him I'm bi. He knows me as a lesbian, who maybe leans towards boys. But still... Acting this way towards a 'lesbian'! Boys are confusing

8. tulman

We think you're the ones who are confusing. Haven't you ever seen those 2 side by side pictures that have been floating around cyberspace since Bill Gates was in diapers? One is of a female brain and the other is of a male brain. The female brain has all sorts of switches, gages, adjustments, settings etc. The male brain simply has an on/off switch.
    Maybe he really is attracted to you and in the back of his mind he's thinking maybe she's not really 100% lesbian and I may have a chance.

#8 tulman, Mar 17, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2013
  9. ForgottenRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Boys and Girls should both come with Instructions.

Personally it sounds like flirting, but I wouldn't really know

10. Naren

Ikr? Pls.

And to answer the question, I don't know! *flails arms*

11. worriedWardrobe

"How Do Boys Flirt?" One word: Poorly

12. BornInTexas

That sums it up well.

13. josh9623

sounds to me like he is flirting with you, but I have been wrong before
    I think girls interpret girls better than guys cuz they do it and they know what they do, and guys interpret guys better than girls because we do it and we know what we do, make sense?

14. tulman

Yeah, I guess it makes sense--sorta. All except the part about "girls know what they do"
    Really? Since when? :lol:

15. 4AllEternity

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's harder to read "signs" between gay guys. The reason behind this is that the "signs" between hetero people that we usually associate with attraction (i.e personal touching, smiling a lot, gazing into eyes, playful joking, etc) are actually present in friendships as well. They are essentially generic body-language signals demonstrating affection. Heterosexual friends will unconciously send them between each other, without any sexual attraction. The difference is that with heterosexual people, usually women and men do not form close friendships (as in close bonds in a platonic sense), so when one person is sending those signals to another person of the opposite gender, it's assumed that the kind of affection they're feeling is romance.

The problem is that although gay guys do send these signals to each other, it's much harder to determine whether the guy sending them is just a straight guy interested in being your friend (or even gay, but not romantically interested), or if they're romantically interested. It helps if you know the person is gay, but even then it can still be unclear. In these cases it's usually best to just ask the person out if you're interested, or to just wait and see if the person keeps escalating the signals.

16. Monocle

Out Status:
    Some people
    Ahhhh! I know when a guy is flirting with me 'cause he's always telling me how cute I am and trying to put his arm around me.

It's... a little awkward, honestly. :lol:

17. cboy15

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    well im gay an am abit new to this its easy once you know weather the other person is gay but really hard otherwise just be confident and hope for the best that's all I can say :icon_wink

18. June Cleaver

If he has been gay and knows you as a lesbian than he might see you as a safe zone girlfriend. He may be having issues with the other guys in school and want's to appear normal. He may be crushing on you. The only way you will know for sure is to bust the move on him. I would not wait too long. June

19. Emberstone

never hurts to ask.

I cant be much help than that. I only ever seem to get hit on by pervert old men who just troll lgbt groups to find young guys to have random, meaningless sex with, and its easy to spot them because they lay it only excessively thick.

20. tulman

HEY!! Take it easy on us "pervert old men". Our egos are easily bruised.
    :tears: :eusa_naug :icon_wink

---------- Post added 24th Mar 2013 at 08:31 AM ----------

Don't try to read too much in to it. When a guy puts his arm around you and maybe rubs your back a little he's just checking to see if you're wearing a bra or not. You get extra points for no bra, good for an extra glass of fantasy fuel. :thumbsup: