1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S.l.u.t.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BoiGeorge, Mar 15, 2013.

1. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

Ah yes... Its a word we are all familiar with. Does anyone else get branded a slut? And what actually constitutes a slut? Do you take it as a compliment or an insult? Explain...

2. MerBear

my ex boyfriend told all his friend i was a slut but in reality....im not a slut....im just a bitch.....

what makes a slut? nothing....i feel it was some derogatory that was passed along by some sleazy angry male or some ignorant woman
    and now society over uses it and thinks every girl who sleeps with a guy is a slut

3. julia

There's no such thing as a slut. People can have sex with anyone has many times as they want. As long as they're being safe, of course.
    It's really disgusting that people still use that word as a derogatory term.

4. gordilocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    & they can even do it w/out being safe if they want, it's their choice

5. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

The word "slut" is used to shame people who enjoy their sexuality. Asking what constitutes a slut is, in my opinion, like asking what constitutes a "fag"; it's not especially worthy of consideration because no one should be branded with the term. (Unless they want to use it to label themselves, in which case I say live and let live, although I question how worthwhile it is to try to "reclaim" a word whose very purpose is to put down those trying to reclaim it.)

6. Emberstone

its funny. the people who sling that word tend to be the ones in society who it best describes.

7. JustMe2602

Insult.
    Mostly it is said when someone does 'things' with a guy without even knowing him that long. Or with many guys. Other than that...no. At least here in Holland.

8. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Word story

Slut first appeared in the written language in 1402, according to the Oxford English Dictionary , that great repository of language information. At that time, slut meant roughly what one sense of slattern means today: a slovenly, untidy woman or girl. It also apparently meant “kitchen maid” (”She is a cheerful slut who keeps the pots scrubbed and the fires hot.”). By the end of the 15th century the sense “a woman given to immoral or improper conduct” had come into use, and it is the only meaning in use today. Interestingly, the same second meaning, a promiscuous woman, developed for the term slattern.

9. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

True. It seems to be used primarily as another way for mean girls to put down other girls. It's unlikely that guys who subscribe to the hetero-normative narrative (i.e. stereotypical guys) would want to discourage women from having sex by insulting them for it.

10. Fiddledeedee

A slut is someone who has more sex than you.
    A prude is someone who has less sex than you.

Neither are good terms.

11. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    How true.

12. CupidBoy

CupidBoy Guest

People usually say I'm stuck up. :/

Never been thought of as a slut.

13. 4ever Hearth

My best friends always call me a slut. I'm not sexually active so they usually say it because of a point or my opinion in a sex-related conversation. Personally, I don't think anyone should be ashamed of their sexuality but at the sametime, I don't exactly see eye to eye with the "Sexual Liberation" that seems to go on nowadays.

I am just a sensual person, I can't help it. I definitely prefer to be active with someone I trust and enjoy on all levels but that doesn't stop the thoughts and scenarios.

For instance, last night I had a lucid sex dream that was so intense, I nearly flipped out of bed.

Does that make me a slut?....Or a person who had a kick-ass lucid dream last night?....:thumbsup:

14. gordilocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    haha what, it's used more by misogynistic pieces of shit like that than it is by women

15. plasticcrows

plasticcrows Guest

If you're insulted by the word "slut" either stop being a slut or gain some self confidence and acknowledge that you like having sex with lots of people often. If you're not actually a slut and get called a slut, say "That's not true" and move on. I've never seen the logic in being upset by simple insults like this. If someone went on to insult your character and deeper traits about you, then yeah, it makes sense, but being called a slut for no reason is as petty an insult as "You're gay."

16. Ianthe

You are not a slut.

Who said you were? What happened?

17. Devious Kitty

I consider myself a supporter of sex positivism, and thus I consider the term "slut" and it's derogatory meaning to be nonsensical and insulting.

18. Yeah... y'know what?

Slut is a loaded word. As far as I can tell, it's used to shame women into not feeling good about themselves and their sexuality. It's used by men to keep women down. It's used by women to keep them divided so they don't realize they're being kept down.

Obviously a person's value as a human being does not decrease with the greater the number of sexual partners, and anyone who thinks so is buying right into the inequity of our culture.

On one hand, people shouldn't call each other sluts because it's not okay to tell someone that they should be ashamed of their sexuality. That's bullshit. On the other hand, anyone called that shouldn't be offended either because letting people trying to keep you down determine how you should feel about yourself is also bullshit.

So, yeah. I've been called a slut. But oh well. I won't be oppressed that easily by buying into the notion of slut shame.

19. BornInTexas

Mother of god...Teach me how to lucid dream.

20. Kay

Kay Guest

You are not a slut. The term is meaningless and a simple assault by those who may well be jealous. Don't even pay attention maybe you can do what I did with the word queer and have it tattooed on your wrist. LOL I think that would piss them off. Hugs George you are not a slut angel.