1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to find men's boxer briefs for small women?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Parsley, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Parsley

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I really want to start wearing men's boxer briefs. I really like the look of the ones they have at Express because of the thick waist band and all the amazing colors. But the problems is that I'm a small person so they don't make them in my size. The Express boxers only go down to size small, and even an XS would be too large for me. Boy's boxers don't have the same look at men's. Is there any company that makes them in a men's style, but very small? I'm about a 24-25 inch waist.

I don't want the briefs to fit too loosely because then they turn all bunchy. Women's style "boyshorts" are terribly bunchy and uncomfortable because they don't go down the thigh far enough to keep from riding up. Also, again they don't look as cool as men's.

2. redstormrising

3. Chloe

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    After looking at a couple of web sites (The Gap and one other), I couldn't figure out what you mean about the boy's styles being different than the men's. I'm interested in those too, but the boy's ones seem okay to me, at least in the pictures.

I tried again and saw sometimes boys had shorter legs. Probably varies by brand.

I think women's "boyshorts" are one of the worst ideas for underwear.

#4 Chloe, Mar 15, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2013
  4. Parsley

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks, guys!! The Abercrombie boy's is pretty good. I like it. And the Autostraddle article pointed me toward H&M boy's boxer briefs that also look good. I think I'll try both and see what works. The rest of the Autostraddle article just left me jealous at all the other options in the men's dept if I was just a size or so larger. D'oh!

I've found that the boy's don't have as bold a waistband. And the waistband is the best part, especially if it is pretty colors! :slight_smile:

Totally! Putting them on is resigning yourself to a worse and more constant wedgie than just wearing a thong. Same result, more fabric involved. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. Alexander69

I know Calvin Klein sizes are smaller than others a d fit your butt Nicely the price is bad though

---------- Post added 15th Mar 2013 at 08:14 PM ----------

Small is 28 they say I don't see xs in the size chart Calvin Klein Underwear - Help Desk

---------- Post added 15th Mar 2013 at 08:17 PM ----------

Armani exchange Xs is also 28

6. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
  7. curlycats

i guess i'm lucky as here in Australia i can just walk into any Target and find BONDS (Australian brand) underwear in the boys department that's essentially the same as their mens line of underwear, although with less color/pattern variety.

it's still kind of awkward walking up to a register with boy's underwear, though.

8. Oddish

Oddish Guest

Haha, I wear Bonds too. And Hanes.
    I couldn't answer this question properly though because I'm not all that small. Men's boxers fit me like a dream.

I think they're available online, though. And ship to the US. Perhaps you could do a quick search?

9. Ianthe

Women buy clothes for men and boys all the time, including their underwear. In my own family, almost all of the men's clothes were actually purchased by women. I don't know if my dad has ever bought his own underwear in his life. The information that is making it awkward (the fact that the underwear is for yourself) is only known to you.

10. Parsley

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I just googled it and BONDS is great! And the colors are pretty too! The shipping to my country is a little high though. If I can't find an option here that works, I'll get some BONDS and just order enough pairs for the shipping to be worth it. Thanks!

11. Parsley

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Oh and I just had an idea. I'm going to try the Express low rise so that they rest on my hips because my hips are a few inches larger than my waist so I can probably pull off a size small.

Sorry for posting twice in a row. I tried to edit this into my previous post but I got an error message even though I tried to edit just a few minutes after posting.

12. curlycats

true and in fact i do end up buying my male partner's underwear. however, i don't look old enough (or at least i hope i don't lol) to be buying underwear for a son old enough to wear the underwear that i buy. i'd in fact not feel embarrassed at all if it were men's underwear instead of boy's that i buy.

@Parsley

glad you found something you like. :slight_smile: i hope it works out for you. i haven't tried low rise trunks, just "boy fit" trunks.

13. darlig ulv

Levi's makes snug boxers.

14. Mochi

I've been falling in love with the styles at Topman. They have xxs boxer briefs that fit a 26 in waist. Their 'woven' underwear is pretty classy too. Prices are a bit higher than previous brands mentioned though.

15. Jim

Jim

I get all mine from Topman :slight_smile:

16. Parsley

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    The Abercrombie boy's boxers just came in the mail and they are AMAZING! I only wish they came in more colors and/or with contrasting waistbands. But really I couldn't be happier. ^_^

I'm still waiting for my Gap men's to come in the mail, and then I have to stop by Express to see if their low rise works for me. This is so fun!

Thanks for all the help, everyone!

17. redstormrising

terrific! i'm glad you were able to find something you like :slight_smile: i actually really like girls' boy shorts, though i'm kind of tempted to try boxer briefs now too. i've never had a problem with boy shorts riding up though, but maybe that's because I get kids' and they are cut differently than womens? they have super cute ones at target that i love!

18. Parsley

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I can't get womens boyshorts to stay in place for the life of me. I do recommend boxer briefs for comfort. If you were thinking of trying them the ones i bought just went on clearance. You should pick up a couple pairs. Thanks again for the recommendation!

19. Parsley

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    For future reference (anyone stumbling across this thread looking for something similar) the Gap men's XS boxer briefs fit around the waist but are made for skinny guy thighs not woman thighs. I'm slender through the waist, but I have thighs and a butt. The Gap boxers are a little too snug on my legs.