1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hate kids

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Alexander69, Mar 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alexander69

I hate kids HATE them at Least the kids I know (family friends cousins) spilled brats I hate them all! So BITCHY it's like stfu!!! They yell complain and always need attention I NEVET want kids and babies OMG so loud and ANOYING OMG I'm not cut out for parenthood

2. I hate the idea of having kids too! It's fine if you like children, but I've always been the kind of person that makes babies cry.
    When I'm older I will NEVER have children!
    As for kids in general? Well, they're fine at a distance.

3. redstormrising

Well, if they're YOUR kids, you can choose to raise them so that they aren't spoiled brats. I can see why you would hate kids, if all the kids you know behave that way. But it's also perfectly okay to just not want kids and never have any.

4. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Then don't have them, problem solved.

5. MerBear

i hate kids and babies...people always are like "omg, your so mean!" but in reality, they just piss me off and if you or someone doesn't like it, they can go cry about it for all i care

im not having kids either but just the fact, i see one every day or on TV, makes me irritated

6. Monocle

Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, pretty much this. Kids aren't for everyone.

7. BornInTexas

Babies are cute. Toddlers through pre-teens are annoying as hell sometimes. >_>

Overall, they aren't that bad, to me.

8. Aielar

The ones I spend time with aren't spoiled in the slightest, and yes they do occasionally yell, complain, and misbehave but the good times outweigh the bad...at least for me. Honestly, children are like dogs - treat them well and raise them properly, and you will have far fewer problems with dogs/children compared to if you mistreat them and allow them to misbehave. Just my two cents.

9. photoguy93

Thank god none of your parents decided to not act like this (unless they did...then I'm sorry.)

I don't think it's a problem if you don't like babies or kids. But you can't hate them because of the things they can't help - big shock, but babes cry. And they want to eat.

10. Caudex

Caudex Guest

I never understand people who don't like kids--you were one once, and I'm sure people felt that way about you, but they just sucked it up and dealt with you, but when it's your turn, you turn your nose up at kids, whom you consider vastly inferior.

That's exactly what I hate about looking so young--I'm past 17.5, but people always think I'm 12 and accordingly treat me with condescension.

11. MerBear

hey, bu nobody said , i didn't like myself when i was kid, i hated when myself when i was kid too. who i was, what i did...everything...i hated

12. Formality

They are annoying screaming snot-infested little shits running around everywhere. I fucking hate when they just keep on screaming and screaming even though there is nothing to scream about. The worst is when you can actually hear that the screams are only for attention, when it's not even real crying. Ugh, I won't want kids for a long time. Maybe some day if I ever want to be that miserable.

13. vani

vani Guest

Seeing stuff like this makes me feel really bad about crying on the plane that one time.... but then again my body used to be an asshole by making my kidneys feel like "someone is jabbing a knife into it" wich you think would prepare me for the EXTREMELY less painfull experience but it didn't. I still occasionally feel but to a lesser extent so I can see why they cry and instead of getting mad at them I just want to go over there and make them feel better

14. ForgottenRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Kid haters unite!!

15. mickey1101

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I tell u I feel the same way I never want kids

16. CupidBoy

CupidBoy Guest

I like well behaved kids and I really want a son, I hope I'll be a dad someday.

17. Ianthe

I wonder how the 13-year-olds feel about this thread. Or the younger queer kids who can't join because they aren't old enough, but they can still read the public areas of the forum.

Children are people. It is not appropriate to hate someone because of their age, any more than it would be appropriate to hate someone for their sexual orientation, or their race, or for their disabilities, or for any other part of a person's identity that they can't change.

It's also not appropriate to stereotype them as all being the same. They are not all the same. Children have a wide variety of personalities. Loud, whiny, attention-seeking children attract the most attention, because of being loud, whiny and attention-seeking. But there are also children who are quiet and self-effacing, or cheerful and good-natured. They are all individuals, and they each have their own personality. You know, just like not all gay men are camp, not all lesbians are vegetarians, not all Irish people are alcoholics, etc. Because people are individuals.

So, it would be nice if everyone could refrain from making bigoted generalizations about children. :slight_smile:

Alexander: We often react the most badly to people who are showing character traits that we dislike in ourselves. I feel like this applies here, because the things you are complaining of in the children (being spoiled, complaining, attention-seeking) are things I feel like you have been working to improve on yourself.

Keep in mind that the children around you are likely being raised similarly to the way you were, especially the ones who are family members.

Do you think it's possible that you are reacting the way you are to them because you recognize in them some qualities that you don't like in yourself?

18. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wouldn't say I hate kids. They are mostly cute, affectionate, and offer a unique perspective on anything. What I hate above hate are BAD kids. But at that point, I don't hold it against them if they are very young. It's the unfit parents which are to blame. I've seen some kids who are total angels, say please and thank you, and are generally just a joy to be around. I've seen others who scream, throw things, make messes, and their parents do nothing. The parents of those kids need a little education on what psychologists call "operant conditioning" which is the theory of the carrot vs. the stick.

Case in point, a 12-year-old I used to know. She was generally loud, dumb, obnoxious, and pretty freaking annoying. But her dad was out of the picture and she had a lousy mother. When I would help her with her homework or something else intellectually stimulating, it turned out that she was fairly smart, civil, respectful, basically everything good. It was just her negative home and school environment that made her so insufferable.

#18 Argentwing, Mar 16, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2013
  19. Crystal's Vaporeon

.. These are kids, I mean sure they can be annoying but you would me too if you needed someone else to do everything for you, its not like a kid can cook them self dinner, have a bath and get ready for bed all on their own. They need older people to help and for the most part still have the communication barrier.
    Their minds are still developing so they don't understand that screaming will annoy people instead of make people realize they want something.
    And if they are spoil that is the parents fault. I don't think I've ever seem a kid pull $100 out of her wallet to buy herself that really pretty doll. If there is anyone who you should be annoyed at its the parents because clearly they seriously need to learn how to keep their kid under control.
    Instantly jumping and saying you don't want a kid just because some other parents have troubles keeping theirs under control is really quite silly if you ask me.

20. steelygreye

I don't want kids, but I don't hate them. What is annoying however is people who insist I'll change my mind about it. As if not wanting to raise children means there is some sort of "moral flaw" within me or something.

I simply don't want to raise a child, and if I did, I would adopt an older child around 12 or 13. Babies look incredibly strange to me, and I don't realize why people think they are cute. I would rather help children in a more indirect way, like using tax dollars to make sure they get an education (they are important to the future).

Becoming a parent has never specifically appealed to me, and I don't think I'll change my mind anytime soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.