1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do gay/bi men find boyfriends?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by PinkFluff, Mar 16, 2013.

1. PinkFluff

I'm confused and confuzzled.

2. BornInTexas

Well, gay/bi men are in gay clubs. That's one of the ways I think is dumb, but meh. You can always go to art shows, museums, and stuff like that. In my experience, gay men like art A LOT! You're bound to find someone if you drop some hints there.

I can't help you, as I don't have much experience. These are all based on stories I've heard.

3. June Cleaver

As of yet I have not figured out how to get a gay man either, but for me guys just come around to flirting with me and a few have just asked. And then there are the perverts who just want sex. I really don't understand guys at all! They drive me crazy sometimes...... June

4. Probablyrandom

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Believe it or not, it's pure luck.

5. PinkFluff

That sucks.

6. Mogget

Roughly the same way straight people do. There's just a lot more people that are automatically uninterested in us.

7. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I haven't attempted to get with other guys, but with both of my girlfriends, it was luck, and enough balls to go with an opportunity when it presented itself. Getting with another guy, for me at least, would seem to require twice the amount of balls to get over the stigmas involved as well as the pressure of the person you're asking. So get tough. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. GingerGuy

Every single sexual or romantic encounter is actually based on luck, upon finding a person whom you connect with. However, you need to be good at dropping hints of your attraction in public areas, so that the guys will know you're an option. If you can't do it, there's always a gay pub lol

9. June Cleaver

I must be super lucky and the best hint dropper around if this is how it's done, because I rarely go to a gay bar. Like once every couple of years and it is the only place where guys won't flirt with me. June

10. Winfield

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    dont know if this works or not... but there are apps on the android phones that shows people near your area... ive not tried it for various reasons...but if clubbing aint your thing and you gaydar aint the best then maybe an app?

just thought i'll add my 2 cents

11. leer

gay bars, clubs,

12. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    And when you do meet someone there will indeed be twice the number of balls...:badgrin:

13. Stripe101

I live in a very homophobic town... a gay teenager killed himself last year because of bullying. That is why I will not come out

14. You should join the GSA, I'm sure there's at least one gay guy. Gay clubs and bars are a good alternative.

15. darlig ulv

I've been asking myself the same question for ages.
    forever alone:tears:

16. AKTodd

Well, let's see here...

As has been mentioned bars and clubs are an option, although those tend to have a reputation for being more for hookups than actual relationship options. Still, anything's possible.

Beyond that, you could look at gay sports teams. Lots of major cities have gay flag football and rugby clubs and some also have ice hockey, basketball, or running. You could also check out the Meetup website and see what LGBT meetup groups might be in your area. You could also involve yourself with LGBT or LGBT-friendly charity events or organizations. Gay cruises, vacation packages, or resorts are probably also options, although some may be more singles focused than others and not sure how many guys going to these would be looking for relationships (although some almost certainly are - lots of guys looking for relationships).

All of the above are just options to increase the odds that you will meet someone you want a relationship with, none are guaranteed of course.

Finally, there is the 'random chance' option. You might meet someone at work or walking your dog or the like. I met my partner in an internet chat room that was just people talking. No intent to get either a hookup or a relationship out of it at the time. That just sort of happened later.

Hope this helps,

Todd

17. photoguy93

It's all about the moment and luck. The minute you set out to find someone (say, a club) you will probably either find a meaningless hookup it or nothing at all.

You have to wait for the right moment and let things happen. I cannot stand the whole "just go to a club or gay event" thing. It doesn't work like that. I've been to art museums - older gay men are usually there, or a lot of straight people. It all depends on your area or your situation (Starbucks is always filled...hahah.)

18. Bobbybobby99

Bobbybobby99 Guest

Might I recommend all that was mentioned above. In addition, I think that going to theatrical productions and perhaps getting involved with them would be a good idea? I am fairly certain that there is a much higher ratio of gay/bi to straight there, considering the fact that I am fairly certain 4 of the 12 main characters in that play were gay, and that's only with my gaydar working for males! Just do artsy things and you'll find someone.

19. Jared

If you're in a decent sized city, there might be an LGBT center somewhere nearby and you could try meeting people there. That's how I met my boyfriend.