1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another parental story today!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Alexander69, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Alexander69

So today my parents decided to throw a Party with no notice to me at all. Anyways I wake up to find recipes on the island. So I go to ask my parents what's going on I said why are there recipes mom are you going to cook :O? She's like "no they are there for you to cook, your in the service industry aren't you?" I was like excuse me? "Your going to cater for the party today you alone for 30 people isn't that your job anyways? You should be used to this" then she walked away I was LIKE YOU STUPID BITCH how dare you she just put me down beneath her her OWN CHILD she put in his place or to here where I "belong" on here scale of superiority. Like I wanted to cry my eyes out I have never been so hurt or embarrassed. An I was only able to make half of the recipes so food was short and in front off everyone she turns to me and goes "oh we have a mess over here hunny mind getting that" then she tells them how I'm working at "MacDobalds" as she says it I was so humiliated ad hurt my heart broke. And after like I JUST FINISHED CLEANING now but she came and was like "you are pretty good at your job but preparation needs to be worked on for the next time" I said there won't be a next time how dare you treat me like this put me below you how dare you? With out father you wouldn't have anything you'd be broke and most likely stripping or prostituting, don't forget where you come from you don't come from money I DO I'm fathers blood YOUR NOT got that? If anyone gets the money it will be ME not YOU!

I completely lost it at her I have NEVER yelled or talked back to my mother this way in my life I feel like total absolute shit I just lost it and I feel like crying more BECUASE I know I hurt her. My life is so damn stressful. Fuck......

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So there's a very simple solution to this. Say "I don't know what makes you think I have the interest, willingness, or time to do this, but I don't, and I won't. You'll have to either cancel the party, or find someone else."

She's playing more manipulation games, intentionally trying to make you feel like crap because you aren't conforming to her pretentious, stuck up version of what she thinks you should be. So... just don't play along. You don't have to be rude or angry, just calmly say, "No, sorry, there was never any discussion about this, and I have other plans."

Honestly, if you said what you described... more power to you. She needed to hear it. It may not be easy for the next little while, but standing up to her is standing up for YOU and that's really important for your self-esteem and self worth.

No one can make you feel like shit if you don't let them. Your mom is clearly trying to get you to do what she wants you to do by shaming her. DON'T play along. DON'T agree to cook or prepare anything, cater meals, or anything else. That's demeaning to you, and you don't deserve it.