1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transgender History

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Dublin Boy, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I am just sitting here watching a very heated debate on TV about Should modern values change Christianity, there is a Vicar supporting Gay people, a man quoting the bible about how Homosexuality is a sin & a African Guy saying "I don't know what bible you are reading, but my bible does not day that my God hates me for being Gay" they then started talking about Gay Men & Women hundreds of years ago & it got me thinking, being Gay goes back thousands of years ago, which also means that being Trans must go way back as well, we hear about famous people like Oscar Wilde, but what about famous Trans people, when did the 1st person come out as being Trans? are there any people in History that are now considered Trans when looking back on History?

2. Just Jess

Well American history, before the surgery existed, the best example that's coming to mind for me is Billy Tipton

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Tipton

History has millions of examples of people living as the opposite gender to do things like join the military when women weren't allowed to. Billy Tipton just had an entire life spent as a successful man. His gender identity was definitely beyond a shadow of a doubt male and that's why I said him.

3. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thank You for this Example :slight_smile:

4. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I forgot the person's name, but there was speculation of a Roman Emperor being transgender.