1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AHH! 100 Members!!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by hawkeye, Apr 17, 2005.

1. hawkeye

We passed the 100 mark! WOOT! There must have only been 30 or so people here when i first signed up about 3 weeks ago, this is amazing.

2. Micah

Yeah i know, its grown so much so fast...like a child really. lol.

*wipes tear from eye* *sniff*

EDIT: Did i mention that its awesome that so many people have joined? Well it is.... :grin:

#2 Micah, Apr 18, 2005
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2005
  3. goratrix

And yet, it seems that it always the same ones that post. Come on everybody! we want to know you!!

4. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I think with any forum, you'll find that no more than about 10-20% of the members are active.

Welcome to stevemcgarrett - member #100 - by the way! :slight_smile:

5. Aaron

Aaron Guest

You beat me to it! I was gonna make a thread like this..I've been waiting for days. lol

O well, congrats, EC...

6. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

The next landmark will probably be 1000 posts. We are now at 768, so I don't think that's far off now....

7. nisomer

8. TriBi

WhooHoo - keep up the good work fellas (and gals ;-))

If people didn't contribute good stuff - the place wouldn't be growing the way it is!

9. davo-man

Hello everyone...I know this thread is years old, but I wanted to find a thread that is so old, that it shows how this place has developed, not saying that Ive been here the whole time (in fact Ive been here for less that a year), but i thought it would be interesting to see that in 2004, there was less than 100 members and now we have more than 1600 (of course not all of them post either) as well as an semi-attached magazine, a proper front page thingy, a few more moderators, a chatroom, galleries, homepages and a few more subsections (Fun and Games etc)

This question goes out to all the ppl that were here relatively early in the piece, but how has EC changed over the 3 or so years that its been running? Are the conversatons that take place now much different to those that took place back then? Anyway, just thought it would be interesting, cya

10. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

The main change is that it is just so much more lively and active. Back then I would log in once a day and click the New Posts thing, and be pleased if there were three or four posts. Now there are generally three or four PAGES of new posts.

Back then the discussions were more focused on coming out and related stuff. Now we discuss a much wider range of stuff, both serious and fun. It is easy to spend quite a lot of time here now, whereas back then after 10-15 minutes you'd be off elsewhere.

Because of this, new members are more likely to remain active and not get bored and disappear.

The great thing is that despite this growth the moderators do not have to deal with many problems, and most of the ones we get are minor. People generally seem to respect the place and each other.