1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

guess what I did

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Sam, Mar 24, 2008.

1. Sam

Sam

So some of you may remember how my soc professor made those crazy comments about what legalizing marriage will do? Well if you don't you can go find it and read it if you want to. Anyway so I had an article review that I had to do for that class so I wrote mine over an article about gay adoption. I really wanted to do it over that subject but I don't know what he is going to do about it. I think I'll find out the grade tomorrow so I'll see how it goes but I also thought it was funny to talk about something gay related just because of the shitty comment he made and because I can relate to a gay thing. I decided to throw some gay stuff his way. Kind of worried about it now though, I hope he doesn't give me a bad grade.

2. That's great! I hope you did well. In my opinion, he shouldn't be able to give you a bad grade even if he doesn't agree with it.

3. HalfInsane

Well, he isn't actually allowed to. Educators of any kind are not, in any way, supposed to take their own opinions into account when marking students' work; they're to mark on the student's ability only. That doesn't stop it from happening altogether, mind you, but hopefully he won't do that.

Anyways, hope you do well!

4. Psychedelic Bookmarks

:lol: Well done!! Good luck.

5. pirateninja

Haha, that should show him! :grin:

6. Beebo

WOW, I wanna know what happens!

7. CelebrityHead

The professor's opinion should be completely irrelevant when he marks his students' papers. You should be marked on how well you express your own opinion, not on how well it matches that of your professor's!

If you were to get a bad grade, question it. If he says anything about deducting marks because of it being gay-related (or anything of the sort) then you should definitely take the matter to your principal.

Good luck, and be sure to tell us what happens next!

8. pwnorton

Good job....throw it in his face!!! (not really, cuz you could get expelled for assaulting a teacher). I'm really curious as to how it'll all turn out.

9. Yeah, I thought so. But that doesn't always stop them, that's why I hope you do well in spite of his opinions.

10. Sam

Sam

Well I wouldn't get expelled because its a college but I wouldn't want to get kicked out of the class for bitching him out. I'll tell everybody how it goes when I find out. I have written gay related papers before in classes where the professors doesn't agree and I got good grades but I've never had a professor like this one who says that if you legalize marriage people would want to marry brothers and sisters and animals and things so this professor is a lot more homophobic than those other professors. I don't know I guess I'll see tomorrow.

11. CelebrityHead

Whoops, for some reason I thought you were in high school... I didn't even look at your age! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

12. Sam

Sam

haha! no its ok! I've always been told I don't look my age but this time nobody had to look at a pic to think I was younger oh no its getting worse! (j/k) really I just wanted to add more about how I've written other papers and stuff and tell what my prof. had said a couple weeks ago. oh and above ^ that would be gay marriage not marriage of course I just don't have the edit button available anymore. ok now I'm even bored with me! I'll post what happened tomorrow I'm going to bed good night everybody.

13. CrimsonThunder

Naww I wanna know NOW! :frowning2:

14. Brett

WOOT! Way to go! It says you're in Oklahoma though so that might explain his homophobia......which Colledge do you go to?

15. Jace

Yeah me too! I wrote an essay about being gay for my English class and I turn it in tomorrow, ill pelly post it here too so check it out when I do :slight_smile:)

Oh and I hope it goes well and I hope he's pissed lol

16. Sam

Sam

Ok well surprisingly I got an A actually a perfect score which really surprised me and what surprises me more is that he called it an "excellent paper" To grade it fairly based on the work and not his opinion is one thing but to actually call it an excellent paper is another. I can see grading it fairly but I didn't see that comment coming. What I thought was ironic was that he told me that while society is catching up to the open attitude of the issue that I should keep in mind that "the problem with ignorant people is that they don't realize how little they know"

Ok hold on this is the same person who said I like many others believe that if gay marriage were legalized then the next thing you know people will want to marry their brothers and sisters and animals and objects. I don't know what happened to that guy who said that but he is definitely not the same guy who made those comments on my paper. Its a good thing but he is just incredibly confusing.

17. Trumpetplyer23

Well its good to hear that you got such a good grade and a nice comment.

As for him contradicting what he said earlier, I have two reasons. One, your essay changed his mind. Two, the real teacher was abducted by ailens and they sent down a replacement.

18. CelebrityHead

Congratulations!! That's great!! (!)

But yeah, as you said - confusing!