1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tank tops on guys (the non-ribbed kind)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Argentwing, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For those on here interested in guys or even just men's fashion, what do you think of guys wearing tanks?

The reason for this thread was that I was poking around the internet and found that opinions of guys' tank tops is disconcertingly low in a number of communities. Why all the hate?

Personally, if a young skinny guy wears tank tops, I think it's incredibly sexy. I love the shoulder/armpit area. It looks very intimate and vulnerable to me, even if it's just a few more inches of arm that a t-shirt normally covers. It also looks a little gay, which is appealing for obvious reasons.

[​IMG]
    (ignoring that reprehensible "deuces" sign, ugh)

On a muscley guy, it looks okay I suppose. Not my type, but cool for working out and showing off muscle tone hehe. And on large/overweight guys, nothing will make them look good IMO, so might as well just go with what's comfortable.

#1 Argentwing, Mar 17, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2013
  2. Hopeful

I'm attracted to men - so I'll answer this.

I don't find tank tops on guys very attractive. I think it gives them this appearance of being a hipster or something and I don't find that style appealing. I think it DOES work on some guys, but not if they have a lot of body hair.

3. hello1992

i hate sleeveless tops. Women can get away with it, but it just looks scruffy on men.

4. Sartoris

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think they look good and not only on skinny guys, it just depends on the individual. However, whether I'd actually ever wear one is a different story.

5. Robellious

Being a guy who likes guys.. and living in southern CA I normally see people wear tank tops.. at the beach, school, across the street.. usually skinny-muscular typed guys.. It all really depends on the person; if they can rock it or not.. like if they have a nice tan that goes with it or like they have nice arms.. ect.
    all in all i think they look attractive.. but I wouldn't really like to see that everyday.. usually for hot days lol

6. Harve

If you have lots of armpit hair? Please no.

7. AsIUsedToBe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    lol i own one but its navy blue and has an Aztec design pocket on the chest. :slight_smile: i like them for hot days or going to the pool

8. BornInTexas

If you only have armpit hair, please no.*

Personally, I don't like tank tops on skinny guys, nor do I wear them myself. They look good sometimes, though.

9. photoguy93

If you have muscles, then go for it. It is not a fashion statement - it just makes you look hot. It's kind of the hipster thing, you know? The tight shirts and TOMS...

That, however, is one of the only ways. It tends to make you look 5 (this pic - is this guy 12?) it's kind of creepy....

10. Level75

They look like undershirts. Or like you just got up out of bed.

11. UndercoverGypsy

They may be hot, but they're a sure way to tell a douche from an average bloke.

12. AKTodd

I went to college in Arizona, where the temp routinely hit triple digits in the Summer (but hey, it's a dry heat). Here in Virginia it gets into the mid to high 90s in the Summer and the humidity can be nearly that high. In the Summer I wear tanks or sleeveless shirts as much as possible along with cargo shorts or similar. I don't wear undershirts as tanks because, being white, they will attract every stain for miles around and I hate stains. I really couldn't care less whether anyone finds them stylish or attractive.

Even if I were single, I'd still dress this way (and have) because I'm comfortable with it. Anyone who had a problem with it or couldn't see past it probably wouldn't be worth my time anyway. If I see a guy I consider attractive, what he's wearing doesn't really concern me unless it's something that I feel could be a major source of concern about him. (a fur coat in 90 degree heat, a swastika on his shirt, etc.)

Todd

13. Naren

That guy looks hawt. Wear what the hell you want people

14. tulman

When I was younger (much younger) I worked out and lifted weights starting in high school. No fancy machines back then, it was just calisthenics and free weights. By the time I was 18 I had a pretty good physique and was damn proud of it. I wore tight white tank tops and blue jeans all summer long. My tanks were the ribbed ones that were really undershirts. The white contrasted nicely against my tan. Still have the pictures to prove it. I walked with a swagger and cruised around in my convertible. Typical sixties greaser all the way, baby. The only thing wrong with tank tops back then was no sleeve to roll up the pack of Camels in.

15. Adarya

Depends on who the guy is, but normally I have no problem with guys wearing tanks. I do it all the time, so why can't one of my guy friends? It really doesn't matter that much to me what they look like in something they choose to wear; that's up to them to decide.

16. Guys who are lean and muscular (like me) look hot in tanks, but they should have some design and variety. Muscle tees look great as well if you're not keen on showing your entire collarbone area. I have a black tank with a yellow peace symbol, and a batman tank.

17. Winfield

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    i wear tanks aka singlets, especially at the gym... but i think its hotter on girls ...think guys wear em so chicks can check em out.. thats what the girls at the gym do, they check out my arms and chest sometimes abs depending how tight the shirt is...only wear it coz its easier to do weights in and you feel free...

18. Acobi

Acobi Guest

I love tanks on boys, one of my favorite things to see on guys! :slight_smile: Though, it does tend that more "stuck-up" guys wear them. Nonetheless, super sexy! :grin:

19. Xochipilli

Tanks on dudez? Yes, please. :love:
    I don't wear them personally. I feel too exposed. D:

20. Convoy

They look good on some guys, but I'm just too pallor to wear them. Not to mention the horrible burns that I get on my shoulders and the scars that it shows; not stuff I like bringing up.

I do know a guy who wears them all the time and he looks super good in them, I just wish he wasn't straight :/.