1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Went to a gay pub for the first time today.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by LoveMusicPoetry, Mar 17, 2013.

1. LoveMusicPoetry

Ok, I told you last night that I was going to one of the gay pubs in Oxford today. Well I went and I had a great time. It's quite a quiet place, no blairing music or anything, just a couple of chilled out pints of celebratory Guinness with a girl friend-I mean a girl who is a friend, rather than a girl friend btw. I was nowhere near as self concious as I thought I'd be, I was pretty relaxed actually. I was a bit nervous to start, but it was just like going into any other pub, only it's not unusual to see girls or guys sat a bit closer to eachother than normal. I actually really enjoyed being in a place where I felt comfortable being me and I didn't have to check my behaviour.

What was your first experience of going into a gay pub/bar? Whatever you call them where you are.

2. Iamthewalrus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Sounds like you had a good experience! I went to a gay pub in Oxford when I was at uni, maybe the same one I'm not sure how many there are.

My first experience was with a boy who worked at mac and managed to chat me up and invite me out with him and his mates, some effort given how nervous I was at the time. I felt like I was being fed to a pool of piranhas, but the reality wasn't anywhere near that, it was nice to be able to talk openly about certain things and not have to worry about disapproving comments.