1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are you having LGBT dreams?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by greatwhale, Mar 17, 2013.

1. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi folks,

Early this morning, I had a dream so intense it woke me up.

I was about to embark on the subway accompanied by a boyfriend, and he spontanously took my hand and held it in public. I remember feeling surprised, delighted and yet afraid that we would be seen...(the boyfriend was actually an avatar (weird) he was that guy at work I find so cute. Of course, we have nothing going on in real life)

So I was wondering if you yourselves have had dreams (associated with the reasons we are all here at EC) that were intense enough to be memorable...if yes, did you attempt to interpret them?

2. izzyblue1456

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have had several of these types of dreams and when I do I know it gonna be an awesome day because I believe they are a sign of what is yet to come. I wish I would have them more frequently though.

3. aw yeah. it was just after coming out at that I had a dream about being with my girlfriend in my apartment and I was cooking. I don't remember the whole thing but I remember that she had a face, a personality in my dream and it felt really real.

any dream I ever had about male partners they were faceless, nameless, fill-ins for people.

that distinct difference was part of what really assured me that I was gay and I had made the right choice to leave my boyfriend and come out to my friends and family.

4. MerBear

i had a dream, my ex showed up and gave me a kiss as surprise for my birthday...

5. Yes. My first real dream was of a girl in my class. I don't remember much, but I know we were at a wedding. I was so pissed when I was woken up, I never wanted it to end.

I didn't try and interpretation it, it seems fine and beautiful just the way it was.

6. yeah, i had like, one xD

it was okay. i was really happy but that's about it. my action-packed adventure dreams kicked more butt than having a lover, sorry to say =P

7. Robellious

I had like several lol.. I wish I had more ;___; such great dreams..

So I had a dream that I went out on a date with this one guy in my school that I had a immense crush on.. everything else was blurry lol

I had this one dream of this other guy in my science class where he cross dressed as a french maid and took advantage of me.. I odnt know why but that dream was very vivid. I liked that dream.

8. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's funny this should come up, because I've been having a lot of dreams the last week or so. They don't feature any sort of dream date or anything. I get the sense they are all coming from the fact that I am in a questioning phase. I don't remember any very well, except for one snippet when I was telling someone that I don't think I'm straight.

What is interesting and strange is that usually my "dream life" is removed from my actual daily life. The only other times in recent history that I can recall a dream that is fully locked into what is currently going on in my waking life has been in times of some trauma. For example: when my mother was dying.

---------- Post added 17th Mar 2013 at 06:33 PM ----------

Note: when I comment about dreams being connected to current real life during times of trauma, that does not include the present. This questioning phase is a period of huge change, but it's not particularly traumatic for me.

9. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I remember one dream where I woke up in a white hospital room after having top surgery. It was weird because I actually felt it too.

10. Canis_Lupus

I had one just last night. Someone had asked me if I was gay, and I remember debating with myself in my head whether or not I should tell them the truth, but I guess even in dreams it's hard to break a habit that I've had for about a decade. So of course I lied and said that I'm not. I know that it means I'm not ready to come out yet, but I think it also means that I haven't truly and fully accepted it myself yet. It's been less than a month since I've come out to myself and with my up bringing its been hard to accept.

11. GingerGuy

A while ago I dreamed I hooked with a really handsome American tourist in a hotel. The guy wasn't anyone I remember seeing in my real life. We went to the pool and them we xXx, but suddenly the door open and dozens of straight people caught us doing it in a public place.

I thought it was the best dream I ever had and never wanted it to end... Before the way it ended xD

12. Monocle

Out Status:
    Some people
    Not counting plain old wet dreams, I've had two memorable lesbian dreams, one of which has stuck with me for years and years. I was about 13 or 14 and I met this really intriguing ghost girl and followed her off to her world, haha... ooonly to realize that by following her, I died. I remember accusing her of having a hidden agenda and her just crying, saying she just wanted us to be together and she never meant to hurt me. It was really bizarre, but we sort of lived happily ever after in an undead kinda way. :lol:

13. Naren

I have dreams a lot where I have a very very attractive female body and I do some inappropriate things to people, to say the least.

14. Adarya

I've had dreams of coming out to different people. Sadly, most of the time it ends with me being kicked out (like a dream of when I came out to my father) or shunned. In some of them I'm taken in by my crush (who is straight, so such a romantic relationship can never happen) and I practically live with her from then on, where it just turns worse for me...

15. Alan Lewrie

Yeah, it's not odd for me to have those.

Usually they are very pleasant, strolling around somewhere awesome with a lover, or doing unspeakable things. But every now and then I meet someone so real, beautiful, etc, that it honestly hurts for awhile when I wake up and realise they never existed. Feelings of attraction, and even what attracts you can all be manipulated by the brain in a dream, that's what makes these cases so strong for me. My brain is telling, insisting, and reminding me that this person who it has created to be "perfect" is in fact just that, perfect.

In order to increase my dream recall to facilitate lucid dreaming, I keep a dream journal, because of this the dreams I remember are very vivid and even tactile. Hence why it can suck so much waking up from them.

Others are so real that I'll have a false awakening and then continue on with my day (still asleep). For example, in one dream I met and started dating a guy named Ben, then he decided he wanted nothing to do with me and left, severing all ties. I then "woke up" heart broken and sad. I then got dressed and went to work, like any other day. The difference being I don't actually have talking onions walking around my work place. When I did finally actually wake up I kicked myself for not realising what was going on, then was depressed and sad all over again that Ben never existed.

In another dream I was in the Weimar republic where I was working at a Pub with a beautiful girl that I eventually became involved with after a few promotions. This was quite a long and detailed dream so I'll skip to the point: during this dream I was woken by a dog outside in the middle of the night, and I was seriously panicking for a couple of minutes, afraid that I'd gotten her pregnant.

I love dreaming, you can't come close to that state legally any other way.

Edit: I should note I've never experienced that sad yearning after a lucid dream, it seems (logically) different when the manifestation is something you consciously created opposed to one your subconscious does.

#15 Alan Lewrie, Mar 17, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2013
  16. Nyanko

I don't really have dreams - I just black out and then wake up. :/

But I do daydream, and they're always LGBT. Whether I'm at school, in the car, about to fall asleep - I daydream all the time, and they're always happy and rainbow-y things. If it rains or is cloudy though...I get sad daydreams. ):

17. Some very pleasant dreams (emphasis on pleasant -wink wink-) and a nightmare.
    One normal dream I had was that I got asked out by my guy crush and we went to his house and ate ramen noodles, then I woke up.
    One nightmare I had was that I came out to parents and the next thing I saw was me with luggage and my guy crush with me outside of my house comforting me.

18. xashesxx

xashesxx Guest

I've had a couple. The most recent was one where a singer I adore and I were dating and super happy. The last thing I remember in the dream was her singing a song and proposing to me. I just wish I could have gone right back to sleep and continued the dream as it was the closest I'll ever get to kissing that beautiful woman *sighs*.

19. 341

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I sometimes have very dirty dreams, but now and then I have really corny dreams... xD

20. josh9623

yes i've had memorable lgbt related dreams but not necesarily good ones
    the first one my (then crush) S came over to me and started to tell me that not only was he gay but he loved me, then all my friends (even the gay ones) proceeded to scream at him and make him run off crying.
    the second was shortly before i came out and looking back may have been a premonition of sorts, my dad came in to my room and i told him i was gay, at which point he started talking about repairatve therapy and i ran off to my gay friends who comforted me. (this is actually pretty close to what happened, except i told both my parents and the stuff about RT was only implied at first)